Jon Joseph

WEEK 8 - WILL THE CHAOS CONTINUE?

Week 8, the first weekend on the 2021 slate with no Top 25 vs Top 25 games. But in this crazy season of upsets, you can expect more.

It started last night, 10/20 , when #14 Coastal Carolina traveled to Boone, NC and was upset by App State, 30-27

Now, coming into Saturday's games, we are witness to something rarely if ever seen? 4 ranked teams are underdogs to not ranked teams. 

#8 Oklahoma State is +7 heading into Ames, Iowa to play 2 loss Iowa State. And OK ST is +210 Straight Up. This is a Rodney Dangerfield - like level of No Respect. 3:30 FOX

#10 Oregon (say it ain't so!) +2.5 at UCLA. And I have yet to hear a CFB-expert-talking-head pick the Ducks to win this game. What do they know? 3:30 ABC

#22 San Diego State +3.5 at Air Force. Puddles old buddy, Brady Hoke, has SDS rolling. But 1L AFA at altitude will not be easily shot down. 7 CBSSN

#25 Purdue +3 vs Wisconsin -  You beat the #2 out of Iowa. Now can you sustain this road performance at home vs a group of disappointing Badgers?  3 BTN

The ACC with Clemson, Clemsoning, is up for grabs. Some ACC team has to play in the Peach Bowl, right? 

OOC - #16 Wake Forest - 3 at Army - At 6-0 Wake is waking up echoes not heard since the early 1970s. In Madison last Saturday, Army gave Wisconsin all it could handle.  Noon CBSSN

Clemson +3.5 at #23 Pitt - Holy Johnny Majors! Who turned back the clock? Is Mark May suiting up for the Panthers? Tony Dorsett?  3:30 ESPN

#18 NC State -3 at Miami - The Canes have played badly but played hard for Coach Manny Diaz. This is an NC ST team that was blown out at the Pirate's Place. 7:30 ESPN 2

Closer to home.

Oregon State +3 vs Utah - I think the Beavers shock the Utes in Corvallis? Utah is the leader in the Pac-12 S clubhouse but the Beavs are still in contention for the Pac-12 N.  7:30 Pac-12N

Sandwich game for the Utes between coming back to beat ASU last week and playing UCLA in SLC nest week.

USC +7 at #13 Notre Dame - Fortunately for the Trojans the game is on the road. Echoing the Iliad, Troy has been destroyed in its last 3 home games. A puncher's chance in South Bend? 7:30 NBC

Come on Ducks! I'm in the running for the FishDuck Double Secret Probation Grand Prize if you win out. Win the day, or so they say, in LA!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I meant to note that Coastal Carolina's  L was the 48th L by a top 25 ranked team this season.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:51 PM, Confused said:

Jon I think they win out.  They are going to pound UCLA.  Then barely beat a few others.   It’s the Utah game.  That’s the Rose Bowl game.  

Win out, yes!

But that means the Orange Bowl and not the Rose Bowl. Why not play UGA, assuming the Orange Bowl goes past The Witching Hour on 12/31/21, twice in 2022?

Piece of cake!

Always fun to read your stuff JJ. Txs.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2021 at 12:39 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I meant to note that Coastal Carolina's  L was the 48th L by a top 25 ranked team this season.

The barn burner Chanticleer offense was snuffed by the Mountaineers?  

I guess you can’t always depend on the offense to win games…

On 10/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, DanLduck said:

Always fun to read your stuff JJ. Txs.

Thank you my friend.