Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FishDuck Article

UCLA GameDay Thread: Watch for Chip Kelly’s Best Play

On 10/23/2021 at 5:23 PM, deschutesduck said:

I'm not handing out coach of the year awards just yet and i haven't wanted him to be fired.  I was pleasantly surprised at the offense play calling... I definitely think Moorhead was making the calls... maybe we need to leave him in the booth so he can ignore Mario 🤐

Completely agree here.

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2021 at 5:33 PM, DuckIt said:

USC fans boards even acknowledged that Oregon is being picked on like USC used to.  It's like Pac 12 is constantly trying to shoot down their best chance at making the playoffs  or championship game, prior to the playoff era.

Seems every game there are questionable calls against the Ducks, and this game fit the mold. 

On 10/23/2021 at 6:08 PM, DurangoJim said:

Seems every game there are questionable calls against the Ducks, and this game fit the mold. 

And they have huge consequences for us....it is becoming a bit suspicious.

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2021 at 3:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

And they have huge consequences for us....it is becoming a bit suspicious.

Mario could challenge at least one of them.  He is too passive in these situations and just accepts the call on the field.  In the first half, I forget if it was Hutson or Matavao who fumbled the ball backwards which was recovered by the Ducks but for a loss of yards.  From the review, his knee was clearly down, but MC never bothered to challenge it or ask the officials to review the play.  That play killed the drive.  Whether it's the spot or play that should be challenged, there is one of these every game that the Ducks are getting screwed.  The other team always snaps the ball, before Mario can scratch his arse.

Don't we have someone up in the booth, responsible for watching and reviewing these plays that can advise Mario over the headset to challenge it?  If there is a person, he has been sleeping at the wheel.

Edited by DuckIt

On 10/23/2021 at 6:42 PM, DuckIt said:

He is too passive in these situations

Mario and Mirabel were not what I would describe as passive about those calls going into the half.

But overall I agree, they need to be quicker on challenging poor officiating. The problem is there is so much of it it's hard to keep up.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, C J said:

Mario and Mirabel were not what I would describe as passive about those calls going into the half.

But overall I agree, they need to be quicker on challenging poor officiating. The problem is there is so much of it it's hard to keep up.

Those calls are so crucial in tight games.  That avalanche of bad calls on Stanford's last drive, before the end of regulation, cost the Ducks that game.  Although, the offense should have never put the defense in that position, with their backs against the wall.  They should have ate more clock by running the ball and forcing Stanford to burn another timeout.  Just the extra timeout alone killed us.  Still, you can't deny that the refs were on a mission to hand the Ducks their first loss.

Edited by DuckIt

On 10/23/2021 at 5:04 PM, Haywarduck said:

They won on the road, against Chip Kelly, not bad! 

What do you say now?

They dipped the Chip!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1