Charles Fischer

Do YOU Think Oregon Coaches WILL DO THIS?

"UCLA matchup just screams for a different approach. Hit some receivers down field. Get the wideouts more involved. Use Dye as a decoy, at least at times. Find the big tight ends and let them rumble. Our guess is the coaches will go to the air early and often against UCLA."

Anthony Brown, Duck Passing Key to Beating Bruins by Steve and Eli Ritchie of SportsPac12

Sorry, I don't see it happening...do you?

• Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Passing downfield and not being behind target? NO

Passing downfield and not over throwing? NO

AB is good for about 20 yards or less.

• Like 1

That is the whole basis to my game prediction, AB surprises with his passing. He has made some passes, time to turn loose the Kraken, Go Ducks!

Actually much of my prediction hinges on AB hitting some passes going forward, that is forward passes, some longer forward passes.

5rjjqo.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the link, Charles!

That is why this is a make or break game for AB.

UCLA defense is horrible vs the pass and stout against the run.

I expect 300 plus passing yards for AB, with big games from Devon Williams, Pittman and JJ3.

If this doesn’t happen Mario is out of excuses and Ty must start vs Colorado!

Go 🦆

• Thumbs Up 1

I see this game going the way of the tosu game. AB looks good and spreads the ball around a lot. TE's play a big role. Oregons D will be stressed all game but in the end AB silences the boo'ers. At least for one game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Opponents have completed 62.9% of their passes against UCLA and averaged 290 yards per game, the worst mark in the Conference. UCLA has also given up 13 passing touchdowns, also the worst in the conference.

My favorite quote from the article you linked!

If they don't at least try it shows they are unable to adapt and game plan for an opponent (breath not being held).  Ironically with Verdell out i think it's more likely they do pass more, if he was healthy i could see us spending the entire first half running him into a brick wall "trying to set the run game" and going nowhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the Ducks avoid a bunch of 3rd and longs witch equates to 3 and outs the Ducks should win.

Move the damn ball, simple as that.

Go 🦆🦆🦆s

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see Moorhead wanting to do this. Scheming the offense based on a defense's weaknesses is the name of the game. In fact, I can see us starting out doing just that. I don't have faith that Cristobal will allow him to attack through the air as much as he would like, even if we are having success. Adaptation is not a word that comes to my mind when thinking of Mario. At some point we will revert to the same offense we always use and any lead we may have will slowly evaporate.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:53 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

AB is good for about 20 yards or less

He's been behind even with short routes. Redd is one of the best and he misses him...

Based on our game at the shoe, this team plays best away, as the underdog and on a big stage. All three are present in this game. The unexpected? Our O line does what no one expects them to do, and gives balance to an offense which will require both the rush and the pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hope its not run 6 yards on 2 downs then bad pass on 3rd down then punt--which seems like its the new Duck offense.

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two stubborn coaches that both believe the most important players are the offensive line?

I expect a ground and pound battle in the trenches, and field goal kickers as the heroes or goats.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:39 AM, Duck1984 said:

Two stubborn coaches that both believe the most important players are the offensive line?

I expect a ground and pound battle in the trenches, and field goal kickers as the heroes or goats.

I believe that the Ducks will get at least 9 points off of field goals.

Turns out yes.........yes they did implement this scheme for the most part. 

As we all witnessed, this game was schemed completely different than the 4 other games we barely won and 1 we lost against inferior opponents.

So it begs the question why? Why, in 5 games versus inferior opponents did the coaching staff decide to just grind it out in a phone booth?

WHY....WHY.....WHY?????????

• Thumbs Up 2

They threw a bunch of screens to Franklin, McGee, and Hutson.  So they made more of an effort in this game, to get the ball to their play makers in space.

• Thumbs Up 1

Best or 2nd best game by AB.  Depends on what you think when he played vs tOSU.  It is nice to see a willingness to do something different on offense. 

Both INTs were terrible decisions.  Keep up with the differing offensive scheme and I like our chances to win out.  Still playing down to competition, but that is MC shtick.