cartm25

The Ducks’ current MO is to Surprise!

While we wouldn’t describe the Ducks’ performance week to week as consistent, they are, however, very consistent at surprising us. Surprises are based on expectations, and expectations differ by individual. That said, some of you may or may not relate to my observation:

For better or worse, the Ducks continually surprise me. They struggle/lose in games I fully expect them to win, and often win games I legitimately believe they’ll lose. Let’s focus on the good surprises. 

W against #7 Wash., 2018

W against #5 Utah, P12 Champ. 2019

W against #13 USC, P12 Champ. 2020

W against # 3 Ohio St., 2021

UCLA is unranked, but based on recent performance, I don’t believe the Ducks will win. Here’s hoping for one of those consistent surprises today; a surprise for me, anyway.

Edited by cartm25
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:03 AM, cartm25 said:

Here’s hoping for one of those consistent surprises today; a surprise for me, anyway.

Good examples, and you are quite right--the unexpected has happened more than not.  Surprise me Ducks!

Fans_KC_MSU.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2021 at 10:09 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Good examples, and you are quite right--the unexpected has happened more than not.  Surprise me Ducks!

Fans_KC_MSU.jpg

Charles, that picture presents a vastly superior view than the somewhat similar combination employed by the Oregon football program in the recent past!

It use to be the Duck surprise was followed by a Wow!, now it is a What.........!

5rlcr4.jpg

• Haha 1

For the majority of big games this team comes to play. The downside is they need to show up out the gate against lesser teams. 

I really loved the fire and passion from Cristobal and Mirabal today. Really made Feld work to keep them on the sidelines and not scratching out the refs' eyes with their duck fury. 

That energy is what is needed from MC to get this team going. Let the coordinators run the offense and defense ... But he needs to fire his team up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is no surprise to me that this team is going to tear out my guts every game.