Charles Fischer

I Hope CROW Tastes Like Chicken...

Because I've got a big meal of it ahead of me.  It was not a perfect game, but there are so great things to ponder about--so many thoughts that I am assembling for my article for tomorrow.

And I think the uniforms are growing on me!

DJ James after final UCLA pick_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Because I've got a big meal of it ahead of me.

Scoot over. I'm right there with you. 

Chicken? YES! Unis? How about NO.

Charles, we need a prediction contest: How many 1 score games will we watch this season?

I didn't like the Oregon's odds, but I didn't say Oregon would lose.  I said Mario would be outcoached, and defense would have to step up and win the game.

The 2nd and 3rd quarters looked good... The fourth didn't look so bad until the two interceptions. 

The defense did a great job but yet again they were put in the situation where they needed to get a stop. That is on the offense to make sure the defense gets to stay off the field. Instead the defense spent most of the fourth quarter on the field. 

We saw the Brown the coaches see in practice and for half the game he looked pretty good. But when he was cold... He was aweful. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Great win, overcoming adversity, injury and mistakes. 

Bipolar performance again. Gutty defense in the second half. 

Crow is keto. Mmmmmm

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2021 at 6:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Charles, we need a prediction contest: How many 1 score games will we watch this season?

Unis a definite yes. How cool is it to play in your PJ’s on GameDay?!

• Haha 2

On 10/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, DurangoJim said:

How cool is it to play in your PJ’s on GameDay?!

Made me laugh...so true.  And hey Jim--WELCOME!

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2021 at 5:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I will watch all of them!

I was sitting there with my Grandson, foolishly thinking , "Geez, they way this half is going, a couple more first downs, and Duckies might have this", then the field opened up in front of Brown, like the parting of the Red Sea, and he, he... threw that gawdoffal pick, instead of scampering for an untouched 7-10 yards.

Why can't Duck fans have nice, relaxing, Saturdays in the fall?

Oh, well, glad I don't have to eat crow, again... Yet.

Edited by woundedknees

On 10/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, woundedknees said:

Why can't Duck fans have nice, relaxing, Saturdays in the fall?

Because we don’t like Friday night games?

On 10/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Because I've got a big meal of it ahead of me.  It was not a perfect game, but there are so great things to ponder about--so many thoughts that I am assembling for my article for tomorrow.

And I think the uniforms are growing on me!

DJ James after final UCLA pick_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

I have seen pictures of you cooking chicken and it looked you could make crow or anything pretty tasty. We all get it wrong some of the times, fortunately the Ducks came out on top and that is all that matters!

• Like 1

That tasty smoke salt could probably make any bird turn out great!  (Not Ducks!)

Cristine and Chicken.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Charles, everyone knows that crow tastes bitter when you could have chosen Duck.

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:37 PM, cartm25 said:

The Ducks could win the National Championship in those uniforms and they’d still be ugly.

By the end of the game they just looked dirty. Like they were covered in mud all over. Not a great look. 

An interesting expirement but not one I'd like to see again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be sitting at the crow dinner table. After the Bruin's quick start, hope was waning. I was reflecting on how poorly we have played in every game, except the trip to Columbus, and expected to be exposed in front of a large audience. I am sure glad that our Ducks proved me wrong. Our amazing youthful depth was on display and to borrow a Chip Kelly phrase, they "won the day." We managed to make it closer that it should have been, but a win in LA is always sweet.