Duck1984

Calling All Optimists

Anybody else buy their tickets to the Pac12 championship game?

• Haha 1

I'm in the optimist camp, but it is hard to get behind a team that rely's so much on defense. It is just too hard to wrap my head around. Offense wins games right?

We may stumble all the way to the playoffs, but it is hard to accept, that is the way there, but maybe?

• Thumbs Up 2

I am a 12-1 optimist who is often on the verge of ostracism for offering objections of the O and mariO. 

I'll see all of you pessimists in the Orange Bowl.

I'm an optimist, but I still take it one game at a time. Go Ducks, beat Colorado! 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

I am optimistic that the Ducks will play a game that doesn’t take a year off my life.

• Like 1

I am optimistic that I cannot predict a thing about this team, and have no idea which team will show up on GameDay.  But I was pretty happy with the team we saw yesterday!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Seriously, no other optimists have bought their PAC12 championship game tickets?

Anybody else want to see the Ducks roll ASU to advance to the BCS playoff game vs tOSU?

On 10/23/2021 at 8:05 PM, Haywarduck said:

but it is hard to get behind a team that rely's so much on defense

Relying on the defense isn't so much the problem.. but relying on an up-and-down defense to make a stand on the FINAL drive of the game which is a bit much.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:45 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I am a 12-1 optimist who is often on the verge of ostracism for offering objections of the O and mariO. 

I'll see all of you pessimists in the Orange Bowl.

Who are you and what did you do with Jon? That seems overly optimistic for the Jon Joseph I'm used to.

The UCLA game didn't end with a final score I wanted to see but it is the most optimistic I have felt about this team since Ohio State. So I think they will grow and I am expecting a multi-touchdown victory over Colorado this Saturday... I just hope they prove me right.

Not enough evidence yet for me to make any sort of confident prediction, optimistic or otherwise.  Could they finish a 1 loss team?  Yes.  Could they finish a 3 loss team?  Yes. 

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

On 10/24/2021 at 11:03 PM, David Marsh said:

Relying on the defense isn't so much the problem.. but relying on an up-and-down defense to make a stand on the FINAL drive of the game which is a bit much.

I think you are hitting on the emotional roller coaster of this team. We have an offense which can't put the game away, actually often gives chances to the opposing team, while the defense isn't definitively dominant. 

Charles mentioned the 2001 teams comeback wins. Somehow I always believed that team was coming back, Joey would lead us. With this team I left the tv at the end of the Stanford game because I knew I didn't know what the outcome would be. I didn't want to experience the angst, 'what just happened' emotion.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 2:05 AM, David Marsh said:

Who are you and what did you do with Jon? That seems overly optimistic for the Jon Joseph I'm used to.

The UCLA game didn't end with a final score I wanted to see but it is the most optimistic I have felt about this team since Ohio State. So I think they will grow and I am expecting a multi-touchdown victory over Colorado this Saturday... I just hope they prove me right.

A strange destiny in a strange CFB season? But please Joe, help the cause and do not and for seemingly no reason, have AB chucking it around in the 4th Q on the road with a 2 TD lead.

David, my optimism also comes from the quality of the opposition? This is not the B1G E or the SEC W.

I booked flights today.  

May hold off on hotel as my wife gets offers from MGM Grand occasionally.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/25/2021 at 12:20 AM, Duck1984 said:

Seriously, no other optimists have bought their PAC12 championship game tickets?

Anybody else want to see the Ducks roll ASU to advance to the BCS playoff game vs tOSU?

ASU is NOT headed in the right direction. With the NCAA knocking on the door Herm's seat is heating up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I already spent the grandkid’s Christmas gift funds on tickets and airfare Jon.

I have assured my wife that I will recover the money with a quick trip to the sports book desk before the game Jon.

Can I get a little support here Jon?

• Haha 1

Not yet. Haven't missed a CShip with the Ducks yet.  Don't want to jinx the process.  Tickets will be available after we cinch.

If they win the next two games I’ll look for flights!

Circa is an awesome place to stay down There.

I’m so glad the pac 12 moved the ship game from Santa Clara to Vegas!

Anybody buying tickets tonight?

I convinced a former long time season ticket holder friend and his wife to join us for the game in Las Vegas on Dec 3.  

Seems game ticket prices and airfare from Portland are increasing compared to when I bought and booked.

I am happy to be an optimist!

Never have had a problem getting good seats at the PAC 12 Championship game. I usually buy them much later.

My group of four ticket holders were disappointed with how the game went Saturday, but are looking forward to seeing the rematch in person on Dec 3.  

Just need to get past the Beavs at Autzen Saturday.  

I am still optimistic about a good shot at the Rose Bowl, and hope the young Ducks want to fly south again this winter.

I am not a fair-weather fan; even if we go 9-3 with two more losses....I will be here discussing our Ducks.  I will be critical, as I've been over the last three years--but even when disappointed I will remain a loyal fan.

For those who want to post and read here regardless of the number of wins?  It is a good thing I feel that way, because you will have a platform no matter what.

Besides...you never know what will show up for discussion.
giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Wife got a good offer from Mandalay Bay.  Walking distance to the game.  Two free nights hotel, $400 free slot play, $400 in free meals.  

From a total cost/value standpoint, I am essentially going to the game for free.

Proof that sometimes it pays to be an optimist!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, Duck1984 said:

Wife got a good offer from Mandalay Bay.  Walking distance to the game.  Two free nights hotel, $400 free slot play, $400 in free meals.  

From a total cost/value standpoint, I am essentially going to the game for free.

Proof that sometimes it pays to be an optimist!

Nice!

I'm going to drive down with my son, his buddy from school, and his buddy's Dad. Buddy and his Dad are Utah fans, but I think it will be a good opportunity for the two boys to learn to either 1) not be a jerk if you're team wins, or 2) be happy for your friends when they have success even if you don't. I just hope buddy's Dad and I can keep it clean and model those lessons!  

• Thumbs Up 1

I am now a Rose Bowl optimist. I see the game Friday in LV going the way of Oregon vs Utah 2 years ago in the champ game.

OR no-showed at Oregon. OR is better on both LOS, IF the Ducks want tit more. Oregon by 10+ in Allegiant Stadium.

• Like 1