FishDuck Article

Precarious Ducks: “To Live and Dye in LA”

I’m a muttering-mass-of-protoplasm again after a Duck game, but this time to the positive. When I watch something so emotional to me, and yet filled full of factual items to ponder–it takes me longer at my Greybeard-age to process it. Today I wish to discuss the intriguing components of yesterday’s game, while on Monday I wish to reappraise the season ...

Read the full article here...

• Thanks 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Charles, I too am completely mystified by what I saw yesterday,. I haven't seen an Oregon team play that well since they beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe. That looked like a top 10 team. Coming back from 14 in the first quarter, this season, is one of the most impressive accomplishments a Duck team has made. Ever. 

DTR is good, really good, and I'm really good that their TE dropped that pass late, nut overall, player for player, the Ducks were better. Our DB's showed athleticism, skill and awareness, our WR's created separation and for the most part, Brown found them. His INT's were forced throws he had no business making, especially the one in the 4th quarter, but as the stats showed, the passing game worked.

For a while we were all amazed by Dye's line 2-8 yards, 4 TD's? Talk about efficiency. And of course KT. That guy looked like the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft. I told you it was diabolical of you to force us to make our predictions before that game!

• Thumbs Up 1

Excellent win on the road against a motivated Bruins team. 

Lee Corso. Puddles has changed phone #s and you ain't getting the new one! That was a fowl move to break up with Puddles on TV! I thought the policy was not to hurt any animal in the delivery of a media production? And to do it in front of one of the world's biggest gossips, Bill Walton? 

Just you wait Lee until the Ducks go 12-1 and Puddles refuses to speak to you before the Orange Bowl kicks off!

Great recap Charles. The passing attack was opened up and Brown took advantage of a suspect UCLA secondary. Picking nits but it would be SO NICE if AB could toss an accurate deep ball?

Mr. T led by example and the entire D stepped up.

Of course it can never be easy with this team, right? The late TOs took us fans right down to UCLA's ultimate possession. What else did you expect?

Next Saturday, please have CU fans ralphing from start to finish! Buff up the resume with a style-points win and not a cardiac arrest win.

Give an old man a break!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think it comes down to the defense is the heart of this team. They are the energy, and driving force of the Oregon Football Program. 

While the offense scored points, they are still a bumbling, ungraceful unit. I agree Dye is a force, and at times they make plays, but the offense still isn't something this program can be driven by, like the past

I also agree with most Thibs is the best player in college football. He changes the whole game when he is healthy and on the field. His energy translates to the others on defense. Sewell is all-world when he has Thibs, even Bassa looked amazing.

I actually think we are seeing our coordinators beginning to show their strengths, and systems. We are lucky to have DeRuyter, and Moorhead is going to continue create something special as the players rise up to the level we expect. 

Stay tuned as we learn to accept the 'what' reaction to the Oregon Football Program and learn to sideline the 'wow' response for another day, hopefully soon.

5rmons.jpg

5rmpgm.jpg

• Haha 2

Charles

What a ride that was!

The defensive front played in the Bruins backfield most of the day. The D has the playmaker to make it happen.

KT is a game changer. However, glad you recognized Bassa's efforts. I believe that Sewell is on equal footing with KT. He is a beast from sideline to sideline.

The offense? I have used up all my brain cells on that side of the ball. Looking forward to a 60 minute effort on that side of the ball. Too many weapons to not put 50 plus on Colorado 

Go ducks

• Thumbs Up 1

The Best part of this win is that we were the underdogs to just about everybody incl most Duck fans.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/24/2021 at 8:03 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

The Best part of this win is that we were the underdogs to just about everybody incl most Duck fans.

Very, very true.  Such a performance is such a surprise after what we have seen in the last four games. Not many expected it!

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/24/2021 at 5:32 AM, 30Duck said:

I haven't seen an Oregon team play that well since they beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe.

Agreed, and while it is nice to have that upside--a mark of a great time and great coaching is consistency of effort both physically and mentally.  Oregon will have a test of that this next week!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/24/2021 at 7:45 AM, Haywarduck said:

I actually think we are seeing our coordinators beginning to show their strengths, and systems.

We are in glimpses, and I would love to see more consistency.  We are seeing more and more of the DeRuyter Inside Blitzes, and they are quite effective. 

I think D-Line coach Joe Salave'a, needs some love for how well the defensive linemen are getting past the pass protection, and for how well they defeated blocks to maintain gaps in the run game.

Pac-12 Analyst Yogi Roth felt that UCLA had the best offensive line in the conference, and Oregon's defensive line shamed them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I will probably deny this statement at some point in the future ( since Ive been a harsh critic of MC) That Mario could well be on the correct path to future championships.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:37 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Next Saturday, please have CU fans ralphing from start to finish! Buff up the resume with a style-points win and not a cardiac arrest win.

Amen...give me one easy game please!  Because we know that the games in Seattle, at Utah and against Oregon State are not going to be easy.

And Jon....you inspired me yesterday for the title, "Always say Dye!"

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/24/2021 at 8:59 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Mario could well be on the correct path to future championships.

Nope, IMHO, you have to be able to score a lot more points than Oregon is.  Alabama will have more 5-Star players on defense than we could ever dream of recruiting, and even they cannot win on just defense anymore.

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/24/2021 at 9:02 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Nope, IMHO, you have to be able to score a lot more points than Oregon is.  Alabama will have more 5-Star players on defense than we could ever dream of recruiting, and even they cannot win on just defense anymore.

MC might be able to steal some of those players from Saban😁