Charles Fischer

Let's List the POSITIVES from the Game!

I am sorry to have started that thread about booing as it is truly cold-water on a great day.  I was not at the games at Autzen and did not boo, but have my frustrations with the coach. I am actually indifferent to the topic, but thought the discussion would be good as the veteran fans that we are.  So let's move on...

There were so many great aspects of yesterday's game.  Let's list them to give us perspective and what to look for in the final five games?  I'll start...

--The coaches had a passing game plan that threw the ball downfield extensively.

--DJ James has pulled out of his and everyone's doghouse and now has the confidence we need from a corner.

--The offensive line has been lights-out for all their injuries.

--The technique used by the defensive linemen to defeat a great offensive line--was extraordinary.

What are yours?

DJ James after final UCLA pick_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

The defense looks good and is really coming together. 

I have said it multiple places at this point but in the fourth quarter it was the offense that let the defense down and put the defense in the position where they had to win the game which isn't fair. 

The offense needed to take care of the ball better. 

However, on a positive note ... I think this is the offense coaches see in practice and the Brown they see in practice. Which is pretty good when they are all clicking. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Puddles straight armed Lee Corso. In your face Lee!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

3 big positives for me:

1)Bassa is developing at the WIl Linebacker spot.  He is playing out of position, but getting better each week.  Imagine this D with Bassa at the Boundary Safety and Flowe at the Wil next season.

2) We found our WR1, Devon Williams for the past two weeks has emerged!  Also a top 3 of Pittman, Devon, and JJ3 seems to be in there during crunch time.    

3) Offensive line versatility, props to Mirbal and Cristobal for rotating 7-8 guys in there, even when healthy, and also playing them at multiple positions.  We had Jones, powers-Johnson, and Alex F.  All go down, but our line didn't skip a beat. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

To become an elite team, I knew we would need to develop a passing attack that can take advantage of teams stacking the box. For the first time under Cristobal, I saw an offense that was capable of doing that. He and Moorhead deserve a ton of credit for that gameplan, and I am very encouraged for the future of the offense if they can keep it up. I've been one of the more vocal skeptics of the direction of the team and the offense; I am happily eating crow after yesterday's game. I know we let them come back, but we played like a top-tier team for most of that game, and I'm so proud of the team and the coaching staff.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Like 2

The Ducks O-line offered AB outstanding protection all game long.

Young players are stepping up admirably in response to so many injuries: Bassa, McGee, and more.

11 players caught passes.

DuRuyter responded really well to Chip's game plan after the 1st quarter.

Moorhead went right at UCLA's weak point, the defensive back end.

I actually liked the uniforms.

• Thumbs Up 3

Played up to competition this week.

Next week we will see if they canNOT play down to CO.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another big positive is Mr.T

If he doesn’t get injured and suspended for a half, he is a legit heisman contender.

He’d already have around 10 sacks plus maybe a defensive TD.

Lets all cherish these next 6-7 games with KT in a Ducks uniform.  He may be the best pro duck ever when his NFL career is over!!

And the F bomb 💣 in the post game interview was pretty funny 😁 

Edited by Southwest Duck
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

The defense was pretty awesome!  They are the Oregon heroes of the season.

The offense was entertaining and had some chunk plays.  It seemed that our playmakers were in space more often than in previous games.

Edited by Pocketchange
Clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1

If this team figures out how to play 4 good quarters it is going to be a monster.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some as said by others:

1) Thibs is the best player on the field at any position

2) D really playing well, especially with all the new players 

3) Bassa at MLB coming on

4) tackling and swarming to the ball have been really good

5) Effort! Man, those guys never gave up. 

6) recieivers are starting to gain separation now, either by effort or scheme 

7) I like the DBs aggressiveness, even if the refs call bs, they're going to anyway, so might as well play tough 

😎 if we can keep Thibs, Dorlus, Swinson, and whomever, together on the Dline, they'll be great 

9) Mario not only played Freshman on O, he gave them the ball, huh. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

It looked like Moorehead was in charge of the offense against UCLA.  If we can keep it that way, I'm cautiously optimistic we will win out.

• Thumbs Up 1

#1. Never give up attitude which is a reflection of the coaches

#2. This is what recruiting does for you. Depth Depth Depth!!! 

#3. D J Johnson is an animal as a blocking TE which we needed since we lost our best blocking TE C Mac. Webb and the 2 Frosh are hit and miss.

#4 T Dye can finally block which is huge.

#5 Does anyone know what the PAC's record is in nonconference record is? I do know we have the best win.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was great to research the highlights of the game against UCLA.  I'm impressed with the improved offensive play calling!  Nice to have Coach Moorhead in the box!

It's great to see #2 Williams have a great game.  What a weapon!  Travis Dye another notable performance.  He's always a gamer - 100%!

Hats off for the outstanding linemen.  Versatile filling in for the injuries. Good Blocking and pass protection all 4 quarters!

The defense is outstanding.  The "next man up" personified.  Constant pressure by the front 7.  The Defensive Backs are turning into ball hawks!

So much to be encouraged by all the improved play of the team!  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

-After the 1st quarter, D-Line was dominant, with KT leading the charge. 

-Ryan Walk stepped up, replacing the injured center, Johnson, without missing a step.

-The pass protection and blocking up front was better.  I'm glad the coaches replaced Moore from the OL.

-Franklin and Mcgee got more touches.

-DeRutyer called more blitzes which made for one rough day at the office for DTR.

-Travis Dye sets new FBS record with touchdowns on 4 consecutive carries.

-DJ James had two key picks, one which secured the win.  One of the announcers mentioned that it was DJ's first interception in his college career.   Is that true??

-Charbonnet was held in check, with only 35 rushing yards.  That was impressive, considering that he was probably the impact player we feared the most.

-Despite the 2 picks, AB threw just shy of 300 yds.  That is the most yards that he has thrown all season.

-Playoff hopes are still alive

Edited by DuckIt
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1