Steven A

Wow, Explosive Women's Track and Field Allegations

wow

What did the students who decided to stay and compete have to say? 

Definitely need more information.  Saying a person needs to reduce their body fat percentage from 16 to 13 is curious.  If you are under 20, you are in fantastic shape.  Every body is different, so trying to get somebody down another 3% might not be possible.

Winning at any cost.

We all want our teams/athletes to win, yet that lends itself to maybe too extreme efforts to accomplish that one goal.

I'm sure some athletes are fine with this approach, others obviously not.

I personally have issues because of the adverse affects my niece suffered from similar training. She was worried she couldn't have children. After many years of non training and leaving her sport, she now has two kids.

I know with NIL, athletes are more than simply students, but I wish for the day it was OK to be both.

In everyday life the typical body fat content is 25% for women at normal size compared to 15% for men. The article says that "The American Council on Exercise suggests an ideal body fat percentage for a female athlete to between 14% and 20%." There's absolutely no reason to expect a woman athlete to have a lower body fat percentage than that.

Really need to know if the men were treated differently.