Charles Fischer

Transferring: Daewood Davis, Jayvaun Wilson...WHO ELSE?

Who are the candidates for transfer?  Those two are buried in the depth chart, and it only makes sense that if you are not in the two-deep soon--you will get passed by highly ranked rookies coming in.

I noted that Braylon Addison was playing corner for the bowl game?  Is that a tell?

Daewood Davis scoring...

Nevada@Oregon_19_kc-137 Davis.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Addison could make a great corner... he has the height to make it very difficult on opposing receivers. It all depends with Addison if he wants to play on offense or just wants to play.

I'm not surprised by Wilson (RB) is transferring out as that group is still top loaded. I would be shocked if Dye and CHL leave... Verdell I suspect comes back... but Dollars is working his way into more and more playing time. Benson sounds like he is also working his way in for some playing time as well as a bigger back.

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple receivers opt to transfer... There are a few who have been with the program for a few years but have yet to see the field ... and with this upcoming class of recievers that makes their futures even more doubtful.

I would not be surprised to see Shough transfer. The last 2 games of the season were a huge vote of "No Confidence" in his future as the Duck's signal caller. The only question seems to be whether or not he sees himself as the starting quarterback and is willing to transfer to make that a possibility.

Edited by John Charles

15 minutes ago, John Charles said:

he sees himself as the starting quarterback

This is really fascinating to think about. The QB battle is definitely one of  big questions about next year. Typically, Shough would have the inside track to be the starter next season. But what did the subbing with Brown in the Fiesta Bowl do to his confidence? Does he see himself as the incumbent? Or, maybe he see's that he has even more to prove than the other contenders. Does he think it will be easier somewhere else?

Not surprised to see one of the RB's transfer out. I think everyone expects to see at least one QB transfer. I would be shocked if Isaah Crocker doesn't transfer. 

When over 50% of college football players think they are going pro and only 2% actually make it, the transfer portal becomes an active option. I hope they all realize that 100% of them need an education and will need to work the rest of their lives. They will even have to work if they make it pro.  

I wish them all well and hope they realize the benefit they have in the Jaqua Center, probably the greatest academic center in the nation. I could see some LB's transferring, some of the young bucks are going to be making noise. 

4 hours ago, David Marsh said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple receivers opt to transfer

I agree David!

Mr. FishDuck