Charles Fischer

Holy Crap! Herbert in Even MORE RARIFIED AIR

Simply stunning, and amazing how Oregon kept him "hidden!"

The vivid colors in the background make this one of my favorites...

Justin Herbert_Eugene Johnson.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

I would have to say Justin Herbert will easily surpass what MM has done in the NFL if the Chargers can find the right head coach for the franchise and get a few more good defense players that can help support the team. . 

Justin is an easily "rookie of the year" for his first year in play. 

Justin is poised to not only best Marcus in the NFL. but to surpass former Duck, and Chargers quarterback, Dan Fouts.  But for meltdowns at the end of games, the Chargers are in the playoffs this season. Next season with a new coach, and key defensive players back, the Chargers will be one of top teams in the AFC. 

No comparison needed with Marcus. I hope Marcus exceeds what he has done so far, but they are, were in different situations. The future looks bright for Justin and I hope his flame continues to burn bright. A Eugene native, Oregon alumni and another amazing representative of what Oregon football is all about.

I just hope the legacy of Marcus and Justin keep the qb talent rolling into Oregon. Who is going to be the next great qb at Oregon!

Watching Herbert in college we all knew he had raw talent. Never thought he would be a bust like some “intelligent analysts” projected, but also never thought he would have a ROTY season, and be breaking rookie records in the NFL... Fun to watch him play.

The Chargers are now on my list of teams to watch. I will definitely fly to LA to watch a few games. Congrats to you Justin. 

I have to say that both young men, Marcus and Justin, have great character. Why else would Marcus' ex-teammates be rooting for him when he got a chance to play for the Raiders? They are the epitome of team first players. That is something that has been lost in this me-first era. If Marcus plays again I will definitely fly to see when he and Justin play head-to-head. I must admit I feel a sense of pride whenever I see any former Ducks play at the next level!!

50 minutes ago, criticalduck said:

I must admit I feel a sense of pride whenever I see any former Ducks play at the next level!!

Amen my Duck-Brother, as I feel that pride as well.

5 hours ago, Drake said:

Never thought he would be a bust like some “intelligent analysts” projected, but also never thought he would have a ROTY season

Count me in as one who not only did not see it, but was very concerned about him being a bust. This has to be tough on some of those in LA who are both USC and Charger fans?  It took a DUCK to bring them back?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck