latracey

Did Pac 12 Officials Blow a Field Goal Call in the UCLA game? Chip Kelly thinks they did.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/story/2021-10-25/chip-kelly-officials-blew-field-goal-call-ucla-loss-oregon

Chip Kelly believes a UCLA field goal attempt by the Bruins was called no good by the officials when it actually went through the uprights according to video replays that he saw after the game. I thought this was interesting because I remember that field goal attempt in the game, and from my angle it looked good. It wasn't replayed or made a big deal of at the time, so I thought it was just a funny camera angle.

Did the Pac 12 officials get it wrong? It wouldn't surprise me.

• Thumbs Up 1

i thought the same exact thing while watching, looked good to me and just assumed it was the camera angle.  So many of these problems could be solved by just putting a chip in the ball, field goal posts, end zone line, etc to show where the ball actually was.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nope.  I call it even.  The Pac-12 officials took away that Field Goal, but gave one back by penalizing our call out to "Stem" on the defensive line, which allowed them to get the FG on the last play of the first half.

Incompetent officiating does appear to be consistent!

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

The camera angles did not line up with the posts------the video doesn't give a definitive view.  The officials were lined up with the posts, they had the best view.

There have been many times when I've been in the stands and thought a FG was good when it was bad or thought it was bad when it was called good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scoreboard, Chipper, scoreboard.

And Charles, great take on that lousy Stem call.

• Haha 1