BigDucksFan

FishDuck Article: "A Letter to Mario Cristobal: Restore Oregon's Offensive Legacy"

Place your comments to the daily article here in this topic. You will find a link to the article here

2021 should tell us much more in regards to the direction of Oregon football under MC. 

I think he also saw what works, as far as smash mouth football, with Iowa State using their TE's as weapons. If Cristobal wants to be tougher than opponents at least give our players a chance. Sending small RB's into the line of scrimmage doesn't prove anything other than your stubborn and uncreative. Send the TE's out and let them punish somebody their own size.

Oregon isn't just speed, it is innovation. It is time to be innovative again, not just with uniforms. A TE centric offense is what worked for the Patriots for a long time. If you want to change Oregon football change it in a way that is functional. 

30 minutes ago, Haywarduck said:

If you want to change Oregon football change it in a way that is functional. 

That's the key. You don't have to look back to what Chip did in the past. Look at what Alabama did this season; led the FBS in scoring, nearly 50 points a game, and the defense held opponents to 20! A  wide receiver, Devonte Smith, of Alabama won the Heisman. His teammates, quarterback, Mack Jones, and RB, Najee Harris, finished 3rd & 5th, respectively. 

Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU last season, the best teams in football, all have explosive offenses, allowing their playmakers on offense to  torch opposing defenses.. It's the way teams get in to the Playoffs now, and the recruiting you've done is getting Oregon to a similar position. Just Do It. 

57 minutes ago, Haywarduck said:

Iowa State using their TE's as weapons.

Oregon has a history of tight ends...a ton that went to the NFL.  So that legacy is being called for to return as well as scoring by David; Cristobal is ruining every offensive tradition at Oregon?

If he did something new that worked, than that would be different and we fans would need to adjust. But this is doing something different--to be doing something different regardless of whether it works.  GREAT article David!

Ed Dickson.jpg

Ed Dickson with the winning touchdown pass at Arizona in 2008...

Mr. FishDuck

We don't have the explosive WR's like we had in the past. I would love to see track speed on our team, but it isn't there. Right now there is an opportunity to punish other teams like Cristobal wants, in a more functional way.

I would argue Oregon has always underused our TE's. We have had some amazing talent at TE, but it was never used like it is in the NFL. Cristobal needs to do something different, use the TE's!

In the coming years get track speed back. I would love to see the fear in the eyes of opponents DAT brought. Let's make that a priority, but until then let's get on with the Cristobal Crush.

Newbie here! Thanks for this forum Mr. FishDuck!

I love how coach recruits and the culture that he has implemented. I do agree that he needs to let JoMo control the offense because every opponent knows the play when Cyrus is the back in the pistol!

Did anyone notice during the game when the camera was on JoMo and coach? Did it look like they were discussing the next play or couple of plays? Was I the only one that thought coach was saying no to JoMo on his planned play(s)?

I need to go back and watch for that, as it would be very, very interesting.

Welcome to this community criticalduck, and I love your Posting Name.  So many of the other sites suck-up to the coaches and never ask the tough questions or write articles like David's today.  We are committed to critical analysis and yet giving credit where it is due.

Kenjon Barner, LaMichael James and Darron Thomas_GoDucks.com.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

The "out tough/SEC style/smash mouth" thing has been a decent and focused UO/Mario narrative; but, I'm starting to wonder what exactly it really means in 2021 anymore?

Playing a simple brand of football and just trying to out-tough and out-recruiting everyone is probably is an approach from a different era (now).

As others have mentioned, an era even the biggies have moved on from. Alabama totally reinvented its offense and is now scoring 50 a game, LSU fired Les Myles and Ed O. brought in Brady/Ensminger and scored a zillion points, Clemson went to Iowa State to find a more modern defense, tOSU hired an Urban Meyer/Chip Kelly protege...

I don't think the next step is quite so simple anymore.

1 minute ago, AnotherOD said:

I don't think the next step is quite so simple anymore.

I do. And FishDuck has the Playbook!

Darron Thomas_GoDucks.com.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Great article, David!  I hope you actually DO send it to Coach C.  He needs to hear more from us.  Thank you for putting down in writing what so very many of us perceive and think about his plodding (not plotting?) offense. And while they block like monsters,  I hope he finds some shifty burners for the Ducks backfield and teaches separation techniques to the wideouts.

1 hour ago, Haywarduck said:

We don't have the explosive WR's like we had in the past. I would love to see track speed on our team, but it isn't there. Right now there is an opportunity to punish other teams like Cristobal wants, in a more functional way.

I would argue Oregon has always underused our TE's. We have had some amazing talent at TE, but it was never used like it is in the NFL. Cristobal needs to do something different, use the TE's!

In the coming years get track speed back. I would love to see the fear in the eyes of opponents DAT brought. Let's make that a priority, but until then let's get on with the Cristobal Crush.

Credit where credit is due, Crisotbal's offense has been decent... it has been ranked in the upper third of the Pac-12 for the past couple of years which is ok. Though averaging less than forty points a game doesn't feel like the Oregon way we have all grown accustomed to.

I am hopeful we are getting the lack of speed addressed with this recruiting class. Seven McGee looks like a burner in the mold of DAT.

Recruiting is never done and when it is for a program that has undergone as much chaos as the Ducks had from 2015-2017 with three head coaches and under recruiting it takes time to fill all the gaps.

1 hour ago, Charles Fischer said:

Oregon has a history of tight ends...a ton that went to the NFL.  So that legacy is being called for to return as well as scoring by David; Cristobal is ruining every offensive tradition at Oregon?

TEs were used pretty well this year on the whole I feel and last year, especially when Breeland was healthy. The problem with TEs has been making sure there is depth at the position and all of the TEs are good blockers and pass catchers. I am really looking forward to seeing how DJ Johnson develops next year with a full off season because he is blocking like another lineman and has pretty good speed and power with good hands as a pass catcher.

Webb and Herbert never really got a chance to play this year but next season I do expect both to be healthy and ready. Along with some highly rated freshman.

Agreed, bud I'd settle for winning, by whatever method works.

This year the turnover/takeaway numbers we had were abysmal. I am sure some of the conservative play calling revolved around a starting QB that had confidence issues. We see glimpses of what Moorehead’s offense can do, and looks good to me. If you put Herbert in Moorehead’s scheme I am pretty sure we score a lot of points. 

However, I agree that the pistol has to be thrown out, or completely revamped. 

One year removed from a National Championship, LSU was in melt down mode. Two of their coordinators were let go and the OC is now an analyst for the team. Losing NFL talent greatly impacts how good teams are...who knew?  LSU, an offensive machine last year,  is now looking for a new OC.

My point is that we had to replace a lot of NFL caliber talent with Freshman and Sophomores. While I agree that we have some play calling issues, there are more problems trying to replace some of the best players we have ever had as well. Just ask LSU. 

Believe me when I say I want speed and love the tempo game, long for the old days. The problem is Cristobal isn't a speed guy, doesn't long for making the Oregon Football Program look like CK's or Helfrich's. I actually thing this may be the issue, he wants the Oregon Football Program to be his and his only. What I am trying to ponder is what could become acceptable to Cristobal and the tough, win it in the trenches mentality.

Too often I see people trying to convince others how they are wrong. What ends up happening is both parties are disappointed. What I have had success with is asking the question how is what your trying to do working out? That is a great idea, but if this isn't working how can you apply the same goal in a different way?

This is what I see with Cristobal, he wants power football, but it doesn't work with little RB's. Maybe when we recruit an Earl Campbell or a Derrick Henry we can play the pound it game he so loves. 

For now we need to put our TE's to better use when he wants to pound it. Unfortunately Moorhead didn't bring Saquon Barkley, until the next one comes around time to use our multitude of amazing TE's. There is no position with so many guys doing so little, IMHO. Unless he wants to unleash Noah as an RB or sell JTT he could become  our bruising fullback?

Edited by Haywarduck
not where no should have been.

I wonder if Moorhead's offense has been hampered by poor execution rather than Coach C's interference. We often seem lost on the field of play our rhythm on plays is completely destroyed. One of Kellys ideas of practice was to increase repititions so muscle memory takes over in real competitive play. He was often quoted as saying that he would not stop practices to correct  players mistakes but rather make the corrections on film with them later.

3 minutes ago, Old Geezer said:

I wonder if Moorhead's offense has been hampered by poor execution rather than Coach C's interference. We often seem lost on the field of play our rhythm on plays is completely destroyed. One of Kellys ideas of practice was to increase repititions so muscle memory takes over in real competitive play. He was often quoted as saying that he would not stop practices to correct  players mistakes but rather make the corrections on film with them later.

I did come across something the other day that Moorhead has struggled to install his system via zoom. As a high school teacher I completely get the difficulties of trying to teach anything over zoom for a prolonged period of time. I could only imagine how difficult it would be to teach a new offensive system over zoom when players need to physically go through the motions.

I have theorized in the past that the Oregon offense has relied more on offensive schemes from the previous two years to help players bridge the gap when there was so much less practice time this year... though that is purely just my speculation.

There was a general lack of tempo during the season as well... not necessarily a problem... but when Oregon was playing with tempo and in rhythm the offense looked good. The tempo also disrupted the defense which does allow the offense to play with more power as a slow tempo offense gives time for the defense to set up properly to stop whats coming. 

Good news, best group of WRs and TEs maybe ever, coming in.  A new innovative offense could use a power run game and speed on the edges...throw in the TEs and a bit of go-go and defenses would be taxed

I think we are getting the kind of O linemen those big 4 programs have, and a lot of competition brewing in the QB room perhaps this spring and summer to orchestrate it all.  We seem to have us a kicker...defense too.

So yeah...great article, give JoMo the keys to the Ferrari!!!

1 minute ago, JDuck said:

Good news, best group of WRs and TEs maybe ever, coming in.  A new innovative offense could use a power run game and speed on the edges...throw in the TEs and a bit of go-go and defenses would be taxed

I think we are getting the kind of O linemen those big 4 programs have, and a lot of competition brewing in the QB room perhaps this spring and summer to orchestrate it all.  We seem to have us a kicker...defense too.

So yeah...great article, give JoMo the keys to the Ferrari!!!

I like the size of our offensive line for sure. The raw talent is there but what we have seen schematically over the past couple of years isn't helping them succeed. 

Get the offense in space and let those olinemen have more one on one match ups and they will dominate. 

Looking forward to the upgrades at reciever coming in. If they can regularly get behind the defense the run game is going to open up real fast. 

I feel JoMo will have a lot of the tools he will need to make a seller offense. 

What concerns me also about the pathetic offense is how it will play with future recruiting.  How many times have we seen top recruits say Oregon was their dream school.  They grew up watching DAT, Mariota, etc..  That combined with the uniforms, fast paced offense, and facilities gave us an edge in recruiting.  We'd be in their top 6-8 schools right out of the gate.  The kids growing up now, potential future Oregon players, will no longer see Oregon as exciting, innovative and a name brand, instead just another ordinary school with a plodding offense, decent defense, and playing physical football.

3 hours ago, Haywarduck said:

This is what I see with Cristobal, he wants power football, but it doesn't work with little RB's. Maybe when we recruit an Earl Campbell or a Derrick Henry we can play the pound it game he so loves. 

If Oregon gets Cardwell that could work.  Six foot and 200 pounds ... Needs the speed. 

CHL has the size MC wants but no where near the speed. 

I know Cristobal wants a power fun game but beyond that I'm not sure he knows what he wants in his offense. 

You can have an effective power run game and a spread offense ... Ohio State showed us first hand in the 2015 National Championship Game with Elliot. Alabama has preserved a power run game with their spread offense. 

24 minutes ago, 47sgs said:

What concerns me also about the pathetic offense is how it will play with future recruiting.  How many times have we seen top recruits say Oregon was their dream school.  They grew up watching DAT, Mariota, etc..  That combined with the uniforms, fast paced offense, and facilities gave us an edge in recruiting.  We'd be in their top 6-8 schools right out of the gate.  The kids growing up now, potential future Oregon players, will no longer see Oregon as exciting, innovative and a name brand, instead just another ordinary school with a plodding offense, decent defense, and playing physical football.

I'm honestly not sure a lot of those kids are actually serious about Oregon or just giving lipservice. 

Even with the previous coaching staves there were kids who said Oregon was their dream school and then didn't end up at Oregon. Yes, there were some Oregon didn't even offer but many many more who had an offer and didn't choose Oregon. 

I do think it would be to our benefit if Oregon had a high powered offense and become an offensive destination again. I think 2021 will be the real test for Cristobal as he will have some veterans that are apart of his first big recruiting class. 

Come on! You can’t tell me you haven’t been paying attention to this year’s recruiting class.. ;) you know Mario knows.  This article is a non issue. Offense is in the way. 

I've seen some ponder the idea that there's interference by Coach Cristobal in Moorhead's play calling. I haven't seen anything outside of what Coach Moorhead has done outside of his other stops, other than the addition of the pistol, and I've done tons of research on his offense. In fact, eve with the pistol, he's running the same exact run plays that he's used everywhere else.

As for the tempo of the offense, I'm not sure that players had a full command of the offense yet. That's understandable given that they replaced their entire offensive line, a new quarterback and learned a new offensive system on zoom. There was too much change for the kind of off-season this year presented. A lot of times the tempo looked slowed by players getting calls and processing. Of course, I don't coach for the team so I don't know that to be a fact. I think after a full and complete off-season, Coach Moorhead's offense will look just as fans dreamed when he was hired.

Laying an egg in the Fiesta Bowl won't help with recruiting or holding onto commits.

16 minutes ago, EastCoastDuck said:

Come on! You can’t tell me you haven’t been paying attention to this year’s recruiting class.. 😉 you know Mario knows.  This article is a non issue. Offense is in the way. 

The players will be there for it but will see see it on the field. 

It is a very exciting and promising recruiting class and I am hopeful we see an improvement in quarterback play to see an explosion of offense next season. 

14 minutes ago, Coach Eric Boles said:

think after a full and complete off-season, Coach Moorhead's offense will look just as fans dreamed when he was hired.

I do hope so... I have noticed more spread elements but the offense seems to have gotten bogged down pretty badly in the last three games. 

19 minutes ago, tee duke said:

Laying an egg in the Fiesta Bowl won't help with recruiting or holding onto commits.

Recruiting is nearly done; the 21 previously verballed are now signed LOIs from the December signing date.  They are not/cannot bolt.

Oregon only has four spots left for a couple of coveted players, and leaving room for transfers, as the portal is going to be quite active in this offseason.

Mr. FishDuck

1 minute ago, David Marsh said:

I do hope so... I have noticed more spread elements but the offense seems to have gotten bogged down pretty badly in the last three games. 

Defenses started playing Shough a little differently there towards the end, and I can't speak to what Shough is thinking on the field, but not being totally in touch with the system yet would play a part.

Then to touch on the crazy season again, I don't think there was any week where the offensive roster was the same as the previous because of protocol. The same is true for the defense.

Another note on tempo: Coach Moorhead switched between personnel this year more than he had before. I believe this was mostly due to the unavailability of a number of TEs for most of the season. In years past he would change formations, but stay in 11 personnel because he would just bump his TE out to WR.

14 hours ago, Haywarduck said:

I think he also saw what works, as far as smash mouth football, with Iowa State using their TE's as weapons. If Cristobal wants to be tougher than opponents at least give our players a chance. Sending small RB's into the line of scrimmage doesn't prove anything other than your stubborn and uncreative. Send the TE's out and let them punish somebody their own size.

Oregon isn't just speed, it is innovation. It is time to be innovative again, not just with uniforms. A TE centric offense is what worked for the Patriots for a long time. If you want to change Oregon football change it in a way that is functional. 

I agree innovation is key. That’s what gave us the edge in nearly every game. That and speed and tempo. Now we have none and we’re doing worse with probably a more talented squad on offense. Next season we will see if cristobal wants to win regardless of his ego. 

This may not be popular but I think we should be starting Anthony brown next year if he stays. He’s a bigger, stronger, more fluid runner and player in general, has a bigger arm, and seems to have more big play capability in him. Shough just looks out of it and has lost all confidence. He’s also pretty scrambling/under pressure. 

9 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

This may not be popular but I think we should be starting Anthony brown next year if he stays. He’s a bigger, stronger, more fluid runner and player in general, has a bigger arm, and seems to have more big play capability in him. Shough just looks out of it and has lost all confidence. He’s also pretty scrambling/under pressure. 

I believe both will be a lot better after a full off-season, and I think there'll be an actual QB competition. 

I love, love, love My Ducks football. I lived in Oregon 19+ years and 4 of those years in Eugene... best time in my adult life! I agree with comment that speed and huge offensive scoring was the Highlight of the game. When Oregon was jilted in 2001 at #2 in all the polls, I was extremely disappointed that they didn't get to play #1 Miami for the Championship. However, it was great they proved announcers wrong and romped on #4 Colorado. I , to this day, look at and cherish all my collection of the 2000-2001 memorabilia.... autographed football by entire team, pictures of me with players, especially Freshman Haloti Ngata.

So many great players and coaches. Bellotti, Aliotti, the fast paced No Huddle Offense which has been adopted by NCAA and NFL teams. I remember nearly every great Offensive Coordinators for the Ducks were Bought by Cal Bears, AZ State ...too many to remember. I since had to leave Oregon and proudly display my Duck allegiance in Southern California and SEC country in TN. My Wish for this year...return to the Offense all of us Duck Fans bragged about to other Conference lovers around the Country.

I am aware that Size on Defense matters, but please bring back the "track stars" on Offense as it was in early part of 2000. Thank you for the opportunity to express my appreciation for the Oregon Duck Football Organization.

2 hours ago, Judy Chambers said:

I love, love, love My Ducks football.

Judy, you will fit in just fine here, and thanks for posting!  I hope you will jump in often with your thoughts...

Barner_Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

I keep reading articles about bad offense. I agree it needs to improve, and I loved Chip Kelly's offense, but you guys need to realize something: we lost some big games because we were out physicaled. What Mario Cristobal is building is a physical team capable of winning a NATIONAL championship. Even though the offense was out physical-ed and predictable at times this year, we lost because the defense sucked. With several NFL opt-outs and a few key injuries, the defense was bad.

The defense gave up more than 30 points a game, and looked confused at times. Yes, we were the youngest team in college football this year, but the defense SUCKED this year. Why does no one want to talk about that? Yes, Chip Kelly's teams were fun to watch, but we couldn't beat LSU, Auburn or Ohio State, something it is obvious that Cristobal is building for. We will never be good enough until we improve the defense. We can't allow the Beavers 41 points, I don't care how good they are on offense.

Yeah, Jefferson is a great back who torched us for 226 yards, (held him to 82 last year with a much better defense) but we made their quarterback look great, and I'm sorry, he's not! I could go on and on (too late!) We won't improve as a team until the DEFENSE improves, yet no-one seems to want to discuss that. C'mon, man!

I don't know if you were around here since the season began, but we have been talking about the defense as it is the biggest drop-off in the units from last year to this one.  So what we have been discussing about is how the Oregon offense needs to out-score the opponent, since the defense is weak this year.  So yes--most of us identified the defense, and the problems although I believe there was more issues in the front seven than the back four contrary to what many think.

Both sides of the ball are a mess right now, so I don't think you will get any disagreement about the defense.

Glad to have you on-board, and would love your thoughts often.  Thanks.

Kayvon Thibodeaux sacks Tyler Huntley_Eugene Johnson.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

2 hours ago, Longtimeduckfan said:

We won't improve as a team until the DEFENSE improves, yet no-one seems to want to discuss that. C'mon, man!

For the record I have written several articles about how Oregon's defense needs to improve. 

My most critical article of Oregon's defense can be found via this link...

https://fishduck.com/2020/12/oregons-defense-is-a-cascading-failure/

Though the has been defensive growth and new leadership taking hold on the defensive side of the ball. 

https://fishduck.com/2020/12/a-new-defensive-era-has-arrived-at-oregon/

We do need our defense to grow and be the force it was in 2019 when they were the shut down defensive force in the pac-12. 

The offense needs to be more consistent and be able to win shoot outs. The offense needs to be better. The defense needs to be better as well but that is another discussion and I am sure I'll be talking defense again soon. 

I’m going to push back hard on a few points from this article. While there is always a place for valid, reasoned criticism of coaches, I think that some of the examples and requests in this article are not entirely fair and give Cristobal too little credit. I think it is unfair to simply pin the results of the season on the staff for a couple reasons.

First, this is an incredibly young team (something in the range of 125th of returning production in the FBS). Young players (Fr/So) have a much greater need of spring/summer/fall offseason training and most of this team falls into that category, but we’re not able to adequately train, prepare and benefit from a full playbook install. The best play-calling still requires execution and preparation. This isn’t last years team of vets, it’s one of the youngest in the country. 

Second, it’s pretty clear that Moorhead is not like Arroyo. It’s not a small thing to change offensive style, and it’s even harder with the aforementioned short prep time and young roster. 
I this article also takes the stance that Cristobal is somehow OK with the losses and mistakes, which I think is completely unfair. He didn’t hire Arroyo. He picked Moorhead as his first OC hire, which I believe suggests that he is committed to offensive innovation and finding ways to score more points. 

This article gives Cristobal too little credit and too much blame while citing games that were played in highly unusual circumstances. I think Cristobal is committed to improving Oregon football and has proven that he can get results under reasonable circumstances. The Moorhead hire and efforts to ramp up the offensive talent on the roster this year are evidence that Cristobal is working towards offensive excellence. 

Welcome Chalupacabra, as we love all opinions here, and especially ones that disagree and make great points.  While we all may not agree, we can sure learn from each other and I would invite you to do so often.

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/6/2021 at 4:24 AM, BigDucksFan said:

Place your comments to the daily article here in this topic. You will find a link to the article here

Has Moorhead been given the “keys” to the offense or is Cristobal still holding them?

2021 should tell us much more in regards to the direction of Oregon football under MC. 

First, very excited this board has been realized!

I'm with Chalupacabra on this one.  For all the reasons he cited: young team, no Spring practice, remote coaching, limited Fall Camp, and a bunch of new starters on both sides of the ball.  Add a new offensive scheme to the mix, plus COVID quarantines and the inept Pac-12 scheduling and delays, and you have a recipe for mediocrity.

Good news:  a nearly normal 4th quarter program, a great incoming class, early enrollees, added experience for the young squad, and hopefully, full Spring and Fall Camps, and Mario will have them cooking with gas come September.  I am also confident MC finds the right defensive coaching solution to replace AA.

So, yes, there was some ugly ball this Fall, but the future is still promising IMHO.

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
typos

What he was using just wasn't working, and refusing to change plays hurt Oregon offence when it counted.  I was called stupid for saying the coach should be replaced, but if he's refusing to acknowledge what he's doing isn't working, then maybe it's time for a change because he's hurting Oregon's history of being elite?

For the record I do believe Mario Cristobal is the coach to bring Oregon a National Championship. 

With that said I believe changes need to be made. It's a dynamic sport and nothing stands still long and constant evaluation needs to take place. 

I am obviously not in the room with the coaching staff so I can only make conjecture based on what I see on the field. 

We saw some flashes of offensive brilliance this season but when the offense needed to step up down the stretch they failed. 

I am looking forward to the spring game ... Probably more than any previous year. I do hope to see a far more dynamic offense by spring and fall next year. 

41 minutes ago, Rosie said:

What he was using just wasn't working, and refusing to change plays hurt Oregon offence when it counted.  I was called stupid for saying coach should be replaced, but if he's refusing to acknowledge what he's doing isn't working, then maybe it's time for a change because he's hurting Oregon's history of being elite.

Rosie, I cannot imagine that you were called stupid at FishDuck or this forum because we do not allow that.  Was it on another site other than mine?

(And Welcome to this one!)

Mr. FishDuck

2 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

For the record I do believe Mario Cristobal is the coach to bring Oregon a National Championship. 

Me too.  And David--I agree with your premise, conclusion and yet the loyalty to Cristobal.

But the point is that we can be critical about the decisions and tactics by the coaches and yet still cheer for them.  (That was not directed at David, but everyone else)

We do critical analysis here on FishDuck and this Our Beloved Ducks Forum, and that means we are not suck-ups to the coaches.  We give credit when due and grief when deserved as well!

Mr. FishDuck

A few more thoughts:

- Sometimes finding ways to make "gamers" successful by exploiting their assets is more effective than forcing them into roles.

- Oregon is "Track U". Why can't Cristobal and Johnson collaborate to bring dual sport speedsters to Eugene? Eugene has the best track in the world - unparalleled elsewhere. We have the Worlds, Trials and NCAA's biggest meets coming. C'mon coaches focus. Get some Transfer Portal mojo working.

- There were signs this year a few times of bad attitudes, entitlement, poor spotsmanship and not playing every play through the whistle.

Numerous contributors have mentioned TE's (change coach), the need for speed and needing a big, bruising workhorse back. These are all points with merit requiring xmchange.

Go Ducks! Go Coaches.

Edited by Notalot

David Marsh......great letter!  I couldn’t agree more!