Haywarduck

Time To Give AB Some Love!

What I love about AB is he is tough. The guy runs tough, blocks, and just never gives up. I thought the guy would get injured or play a bit timid, not at all!

It is not a time to point out weaknesses, what do you love about AB?

• Like 2

Poise, not a quitter, doesn't give up, solid runner.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the most part a stellar game today by him.

That was the best game AB has had this season. His passes were crisp, some right through the windows, ran well. He looked the QB of a team in contention for the Playoffs. Cheers AB!

A great game, and it has to be a huge confidence-builder for him.  I am very happy for him and Oregon fans.

Mr. FishDuck

I really like his demeanor. Always smiling, always throwing positive vibes.

Tough dude too.....runs really smart and really hard.

His touchdown to Franklin was as good as it gets.

• Like 1

With the pocket collapsing and a LB gripping his ankle, his pass on that play sums up how strong and poised AB has been.

Hard to complain about 25/31 for 307 yards 3 TD and 0 INT.  He looked really good out there today. 

Is it just me or have the ducks really opened up the offensive play calling the past two games?  So many more players catching the ball, more of the freshman running backs getting playing time, I wonder if this has helped AB as it keeps the defense guessing a bit more.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:33 PM, deschutesduck said:

Hard to complain about 25/31 for 307 yards 3 TD and 0 INT. 

That is a stat line from a great QB performance from any of the greats in the past.  Again--very happy for him.

Anthony Brown_Tom Corno.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

He played very well. Decisions for the most part were spot on. He was smiling early and that is a good sigh.

This is the AB that coaches have been telling us about. 

We also saw a glimpse at Thompson and got a feeling he might not be ready yet. 

The coaches do know their stuff... But as fans we don't get to see the practice effort only game day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see why Mario says AB "gives us the best chance to win".

Unbelievable.  Great throws over the middle....who was that guy?

Grateful to have him now...

Anthony Brown Colorado

Mr. FishDuck

There's no doubt about it; Anthony Brown played like the kind of quarterback we are used to seeing in Oregon uniforms today. He had his best day of his college football career, and my hat is off to him. 

I also noticed that Joe Moorhead was up in the box again today. I think getting the bird's eye view has really made a positive difference in his play calling which is beneficial to Brown.

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/30/2021 at 6:05 PM, David Marsh said:

This is the AB that coaches have been telling us about. 

We also saw a glimpse at Thompson and got a feeling he might not be ready yet. 

The coaches do know their stuff... But as fans we don't get to see the practice effort only game day. 

I would argue AB wasn't ready yet either, but he kept getting reps with the 1's. We need to see Ty out there with the 1's getting reps, and getting ready for next season. 

We have to play to win this season, but with an eye on next season, both can be done.  AB is playing well, it is time to have him share some playing time with the back-ups in certain situations. Starting this week have Ty practice a few specific plays he can be successful at with the 1's. Set him up for success, because we don't know when we will need him, and I agree he doesn't look ready.

AB is the leader and is looking like he can lead us to the end of the season, but we need a back-up ready for this season and next.

On 10/30/2021 at 4:14 PM, Haywarduck said:

What I love about AB is he is tough. The guy runs tough, blocks, and just never gives up. I thought the guy would get injured or play a bit timid, not at all!

It is not a time to point out weaknesses, what do you love about AB?

Great observation about AB strengths. You are on-point about AB not playing timid at all. He has a lot of heart, gets out there to block, and doesn't shy away from a hit. I like the encouragement to show what people do love about AB's game. 

• Thanks 1

My hat is off to AB. I love that he owns his mistakes, never stops doing what it takes to win. That's a leader. Happy for him. Proud of him.

He plays to win.

Consider that the Oklahoma true freshmen QB got thrown into a big game, trailing. He was ready when his opportunity arrived.

TT and Butterfield just may not be ready. Colorado defense had no answer yesterday. TT made a young players mistake, hope he learns from it. He's one play away from being a starter. Now is the time to be prepared. Even without the 1's playing, TT has to make better choices.

Perhaps AB was not ready to lead  in September and early October. But he was the best choice. He continues to work, learn and grow. His game play results prove it. Improving each week. 7-1 is scoreboard.

8 games in, the young freshman have not proved they can be the #1 QB. That privilege is earned in practice .

AB continues to earn that privilege...