Charles Fischer

Oregon At Washington Set For 4:30 P.M. On ABC

(From Oregon Athletics Press Release)

EUGENE, Ore. — Oregon football’s game at Washington next Saturday, Nov. 6, will kick off at 4:30 p.m. PT on ABC, the Pac-12 office announced on Saturday night.

The No. 7 Ducks improved to 7-1 overall and 4-1 in conference play on Saturday with a dominant 52-29 win over Colorado in Autzen Stadium.

This will be the second 4:30 p.m. start of the season for the Ducks, who will be broadcast on ABC for the third time in five weeks.

Darren Carrington 2015_John Sperry.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

You are on it tonight, Charles!

Thanks for all the updates it is much appreciated!

😊 

4:30 pm is the best time slot!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Oh bother!  ABC will mis-manage the previous game so it will start on ESPNU Español,  which I don't receive. -- Eeyore

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how much of the first Qtr we will get to see next week.

• Like 1

I have separation anxiety.  I was traumatized after the Blazers won the championship and instead of going into the locker room celebration the network jumped to a golf broadcast, of all things. 

Oregon is the Rodney Dangerfield of national sports.

I have to say, the plus side was tuning into a 14-0 Duck lead. 

On 10/31/2021 at 8:54 AM, nw777b said:

and instead of going into the locker room celebration the network jumped to a golf broadcast, of all things. 

Who will ever forget the thrill of the Kemper Open?

• Haha 2

Thank god we were at the game, it was something I won’t ever forget. Can’t even watch the NBA now days.

• Thumbs Up 1

As Jon Wilner points out, Oregon (7-1/4-1) is alone in first place, but the Huskies (4-4/3-2) are one game back and would control a tiebreaker with a head-to-head victory.

Very much something to play for, for both teams besides the normal vitriol.

We are now at that juncture in Oregon's schedule where their destiny will be made, or broken. Yesterday was a spooky day in the Pac 12. WSU over ASU, Cal over OSU, and Washington over Stanford.

As the officiating crew at Autzen proved again (what in the world was up with that TD taken off of the board for a penalty that wasn't called in real time, but was called after a review?), Pac 12 officials can and will make things go sideways at times. 

Washington, WSU, and OSU have all been thorns in Oregon's side in the past, and they will be bringing their best games because beating Oregon would be a huge cherry on top of their whipped cream. Utah demonstrated once again last night the they are hard to beat in their home stadium. 

I was glad to see Oregon's offense led by Anthony Brown play their best game yet yesterday. The defense left a bit to be desired. I hope that was more about Cristobal's trying to get young guys some playing time because I expected better and the team will need better starting in the next game.

When he coached at Oregon, Chip Kelly said something that really rings true today, "The games in November are the ones you remember". Let's hope Oregon keeps it's nose to the grindstone and gives us some sweet November memories.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's 7:30 in the sports viewing challenged part of the world. ABC is one heck of a lot better than ESPN 2 or Larry's Lost Network.

• Haha 1

Don't forget what a husky is!

5sidgf.jpg