FishDuck Article

52-29? Just Like the “Good Ol’ Days!” And Time to Give Credit…

Admit it…with the way the offense was scoring on Saturday with the crowd roaring and all the explosion plays–it felt like the “Good Ol’ Days,” didn’t it? I was feeling an excitement and a particular twinge with it, and realized that I had not felt that in a long time. What was it? Then it hit me; this was how ...

Read the full article here...

• Thanks 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Charles, it was fun. The offense, behind superb team blocking, scored at will. The Duck punter might not have had fun. The Ducks shut him out, zero punts.

Your article sums up the day, thank you.

Something happened to the offense during the bye week. It appears they took the loss to heart. Credit to the players and coaches, both.

IMHO, AB was not fully ready to execute the offense before the bye week.. Just the best option. Congratulations AB, you are more than just the best option ...

Nice to see the offense not shoot itself in the foot with penalties and turnovers. Especially in the red zone. Credit to the coaches and players for cleaning that up.

Go Ducks......go 1-0 each week in November and the first week of December. (we fans can't help but look ahead after we ponder)

Your reward probably Pasadena. But keep up this improvement each week because with the chaos this season your reward could be facing Georgia. Really Happy?

"However, since I’ve been a vocal critic of quite a number of items concerning the coaching of Mario Cristobal, there is also a responsibility to give credit when it is due as well. This has been a roller-coaster year of emotions, and while it could swing another direction–it behooves me to count our blessings of the No. 7 in the nation Ducks!"

Thank you Charles for such a positive article!  Many of them I had overlooked.  Coach Nick A. is one of Oregon's great coaches IMHO.  The similar defensive results are good to note.

The explosive plays on offense are amazing.  The miracle work being done by Coach Mirabal is truly responsible for the improving offense.

Go Ducks!

That game was fun, as was reading the article. If that is what Mario has in mind, The Ducks are in great shape.  There was no Prevent Offense being run out there, early on I realized that my passing yards prediction was going to be way off!

Brown and the offense were in rhythm from the start, the TD pass to Franklin was a thing of beauty. Cardwell and Dye were an irresistible force that moved through the Buffs defense, and Oregon's D didn't come close to breaking. That press conference of NA's was indeed uncomfortable, for him and for us watching.

The coaches and players are all doing their best. as we do here at OBD. We all want the Ducks to win, and while Mario probably isn't scanning the pages, we all are benefitting from the wisdom and insights of each other,

Go Ducks!

I would add expert management of the qb position. With so many criticizing, hedging their support, and just questioning the whole process of qb development this might be his best job of all.

When you have a Justin Herbert come into the program it is easy to discount the development of a qb, but it is a tightrope few can do well. Maybe Moorhead should get most of the credit, but we also have three capable guys developing behind AB and all seem(?) happy, well done!

I do think this could use some more discussion, but will save that for another thread.

5sks8v.jpg

Everything that everyone's said about the game, plus it was a 12:30 start time, daylight throughout, though a bit chilly it did not rain--a great day!

On 11/1/2021 at 7:40 AM, Haywarduck said:

I would add expert management of the qb position.

I completely agree--should have added it because Brown's day was like the great QBs of the past--and he had to be helped and guided to it.  I sure there are more blessings I missed, but was at 1,000 words and had to cut it off.

But I would love to see other points brought up to be thankful for...

Mr. FishDuck

I got nothin'. Perfect write up of a FUN game. Next case: Shut 'Em Up in Seattle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember how I wrote about the censorship of FishDuck articles if they were critical (negative) at all?  Well, today my article passed their "positive" test and a link to the article was given.

While it is nice to have these two Data Aggregators refer my article--it is a shame they do not believe in "Critical Analysis," and only want the sunshine-pumping.

Oh well, there is a ton to be happy about!

BTW....how do you all like the background photo?  All the background colors make it one of the best ever, and note the football is almost at eye-level so that I can get his head and the football lined up.  A lot to the selection of the picture and I really love this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Oh I've noticed the decline of the pistol, thankfully.  What a wacky weekend in the Pac.  Prepping players is good with all the injuries.  We could finish 4-0, 3-1, 2-2, 1-3, or even 0-4.  We better bring it hard every single week!  WSU and OSU will not be easy at home.  The pooch mutts beat Turd on the road, something we could not do, and we play them on the road this week.  Utah on the road?  That will be tough.  Get ready

Sure was nice to not have to worry about clock management for a week! Liked the way AM and his O line closed ranks and took care of business. Sent the clear message not to worry about Kingsley’s departure.

It was a fun game to watch and relaxing to not to have it close at the end that requires a defensive stand. 

I feel this was the offense that Oregon was initially promised... or to be more realistic... what we expected when Cristobal became the head coach. A bigger more physical offensive line that can maul the opposing defense while being able to spread the ball out and score lots of points. 

Now if the defense can not be on skates and get a few more stops that would be great to watch. It has been a few games without a turnover as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, David Marsh said:

I feel this was the offense that Oregon was initially promised... or to be more realistic... what we expected when Cristobal became the head coach. A bigger more physical offensive line that can maul the opposing defense while being able to spread the ball out and score lots of points. 

Amen!  I don't care which offense he embraces, but if he can score a boatload of points and create those monster holes--whew!  Fun to watch and lots of winning!

Mr. FishDuck

I completely agree with the sentiment that the uptick in the use of the shotgun is because it’s how Coach Moorhead’s offense is designed. He still uses the pistol and has neat wrinkles, but his offense was built around shotgun. I honestly believe you would have seen more of this shift in 2020 if not for covid taking away the off season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2021 at 6:36 PM, Coach Eric Boles said:

I honestly believe you would have seen more of this shift in 2020 if not for covid taking away the off season. 

By the end of the season the percentage of the pistol was probably down to about 40-60 (Pistol to Shotgun) not that I have actual snap counts and the sample size would really come from the last two games. We started to see the shotgun making an emergence against Cal last year.