Charles Fischer

Monday Musings...Which Oregon Team Would YOU Take? 2019 or 2021?

OK...I gotta get to work, but that article yesterday got me gushing about how happy I am with the offensive progression, and allowed me to count blessings.  This morning are all the articles about where Oregon is ranked and will be ranked, etc.

Then I think about how the Justin Herbert/Troy Dye team of 2019 ended up No. 5 in the nation, of which I thought was as good as we could hope.  Is the 2021 team that good? When comparing to 2019...which team is better? Which would you rather have?  

And which is more deserving of a No. 5 ranking?

Which makes me wonder where Oregon should be ranked?  And where will we end up at the end of the season?

Way too much pondering, but it is about Our Beloved Ducks and it is fun!  

Herbert and Throckmorton_Truong Nguyen.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

How about 2019 with the moving toward WOKE O in 2021? Unleash Herbert!

My problem with 2021 is where is the identity. With 2019, as stated, you had Dye and Herbert two of the all-time greats. With 2021 we have had to learn to love the team.

In 2019 we saw 3* recruits grow into and will a top 5 ranking, this is Oregon Football to me. Few things excite me about Oregon Football like a walk-on getting into the starting lineup, or a 3* becoming an NFL talent, and their often time difficult road there. 

In 2021 I am learning how to accept a transfer leading our team, or maybe being a significant part. This may be a trend I need to accept. It is also a team full of exceptional talent which needs development. This is also a trend, and process I need to trust and welcome. Both these, like learning to like like beer I suppose, are an acquired taste. 

We can all learn and grow into the new Oregon Football program and learn to love it!

5sl8eq.jpg

One game, one win, it was a Big win, have the Ducks ranked where they are now, That game aside, I don't see a midseason top 10, nor a final ranking of No.5 I remember Brady Breeze often, he's definitely my favorite One Season Wonder Duck.  By the end of the season 2019 was really good.

In a Duck Bowl at the end of the season, I'd take 2019. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As unsettled as the moving parts are on this year’s edition, I have to give it a slight edge over 2019 going forward based on the emerging potential in the run game. What we saw against a solid Colorado D with the addition of Cardwell and McGee has got to have opposing D coordinators concerned when you add in the known abilities of Dye and Brown. More run options for JM could translate into less pressure on AB’s arm.

Speaking of running backs, shouldn’t Sean Dollars be getting close to returning?

On 11/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, 30Duck said:

Brady Breeze, he's definitely my favorite One Season Wonder Duck.

Still on the Titans roster, but I always wondered what if with that guy.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:58 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Speaking of running backs, shouldn’t Sean Dollars be getting close to returning?

Late this month or December is the last I heard...

Mr. FishDuck

The UCLA and Colorado games tipped the scales to the 2021 team.

Herbert with a Moorhead offense? That would be a nice option. 

• Thumbs Up 1