7 Ohio State 

8 Wake Forest

9. Michigan

10. Notre Dame

That looks about right to me too.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:22 AM, Jon Joseph said:

6 Oregon

7 Ohio State 

Maybe sanity prevails, but we are talking about The Committee here, and I'm not sure they will have Oregon above Ohio State.

On 11/1/2021 at 12:28 PM, Otis Day said:

That looks about right to me too.

It should be an interesting Knight? (Sorry Otis!)

That's a pretty accurate list from top to bottom

Good observation based on common sense.

Common sense has never been a part of the committee's rational. 

The committee's eye test criteria:

1. What's best for ESPN

2. What's best for SEC

3. Give OSU benefit of the doubt

4. When in doubt see 1-3

An interesting Top 10

No way but for the 'eye test' can Ohio State be ranked above Oregon. Fresno will be ranked giving the Ducks 2 top 25 wins; 1 against Ohio State. Ohio State will likely have no top 25 wins unless the Committee ranks 3L Penn State.

Then again, FOX owns the B1G Network.

It’s right there, in the first sentence of the College Football Playoff’s founding document:

“Establish a committee that will be instructed to place an emphasis on winning conference championships, strength of schedule and head‐to‐head competition when comparing teams with similar records and pedigree.”

From Jon Wilner above about the debate between Oregon and Ohio St (as we all been saying).   We will see how the committee will vote.

Someone on this blog, can't remember now, said this is not a playoff, but an invitation.  I personally feel they should not call this a playoff, but an invitational.  Maybe down the road the other conference not named SEC/ESPN will revolt and pull away from this invitational and form a real playoff system.  Just my opinion that most likely will never come true.

All Oregon can do is win every game that is left on the schedule!  Go Ducks!

2017 - OK wins at OH ST - loses vs NR Iowa St / after L to OK, OH ST goes on a tear and defeats Penn St in a close game the Saturday before the 1st PO rankings.

2017 1st ranking - 5 - 1L OK and at 6 - 1L OH ST. 

I expect we will see the same tonight? Ducks ranked 1 spot ahead of the Bucks. 

Easy out for the PO CT. Allows CT to follow its own guidelines regarding head to head results. And the CT knows that OH ST has at least 2 and likely 3, top 25 games upcoming. The Ducks - Zip.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:26 AM, NJDuck said:

From Jon Wilner above about the debate

From those of us who do not have a subscription--THANKS for bringing to us what Wilner writes.

Mr. FishDuck

I think Cincy will be #4.  They have a better win than both Alabama and Oklahoma at this point.  Give the G5 people some hope, but as the season plays out and the strength of schedule becomes more of a factor, they will drop if the P5 schools keep winning.  I see Oregon being ranked ahead of tOSU for this initial ranking, but not if they both win out.

It flat out can't be a Playoff when the teams are chosen. ESPN wants viewers, for the games and for their weekly  "Reveal" The Committee has its Protocols, right. In 2016. Penn State beat tOSU head to head, and won the Big !0. tOSU was picked for the Playoff.

Paul Finebaum was on ESPN earlier today. about Oregon/Ohio State:  he personally thought that tOSU was trending better now, but, that Oregon did beat tOSU, should be considered by the Committee. 

On 11/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, Charles Fischer said:

From those of us who do not have a subscription--THANKS for bringing to us what Wilner writes.

I should have given Wilner credit for the 2017 OK ST comparison with this season's OR/tOSU situation.

A team that I think will be in the CT's top 25 and is not in the AP top 25, 5-2 Minnesota. 

Played Ohio State close. Shut out CU in Boulder. Inexplicable L vs BGSU but leading the B1G W with a decimated RB room. 

Fleck is doing a terrific under the radar coaching job.