Charles Fischer

Insulting EVERY UO Athlete: Cristobal Responds to Jimmy Lake

At first I thought this was just nonsense, Coach Jimmy Lake of Washington's most awkward way to try to explain his failing at recruiting.  Yet when you blend what Coach Lake said with the attitude of Husky fans?  It is an insult to every UO athlete now and in the past as the article asserts.

I like the potential of this, because it sounds like to me..."Oregon players aren't very smart and not in our league."  This could bring quite a response on Saturday...

Cristobal responds to Jimmy Lake comments: ‘Every single ounce of our focus is on the game’ by Don Smalley of Ducks Wire

USATSI_17012570.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

It is a tie between him and Schill " “UW is a wonderful school with a great football history. I have great respect and affection for its president, its academic and football program and its former exceptional football coach, coach Petersen. I look forward to our team meeting theirs on the gridiron this Saturday.”

Schill can respond the way he did, and Mario kept to his narrative.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing Lake lacks is CLASS.

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/3/2021 at 5:55 PM, Steven A said:

UW is a wonderful school with a great football history.

Of course Schill is taking the high road, but "great" football history? I don't know for sure, but has any other Pac-12 team lost 12 games in a row to another Pac-12 school? That historic 19991 Championship, and lets open the books and go back and see why exactly Don James left.

There is just SO much to hate about them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you so much for this post Charles. I'm not surprised that Mario has the class to rise above Lake's self imposed fray.

Lake is doing all he can to be fired in his first season. Jen Cohen likely won't pull the trigger on Lake until he screws it up in year 2?

The bottom line. Oregon making the PO means $6M for the conference and another $4M from the team representing the conference in the Rose Bowl. Oregon to the Rose means the $6M goes away.

Along with pride, there is lots of $ at stake based on Oregon, again, carrying the conference. This is the kind of money the conference usually misses out and that the SEC brings in year after year.

GO DUCKS!

On 11/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Jen Cohen likely won't pull the trigger on Lake until he screws it up in year 2?

I hope this can get strung out a couple of years to really mess up their recruiting classes and leave them in a big talent hole for a while.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you so much for this post Charles. I'm not surprised that Mario has the class to rise above Lake's self imposed fray.

Lake is doing all he can to be fired in his first season. Jen Cohen likely won't pull the trigger on Lake until he screws it up in year 2?

The bottom line. Oregon making the PO means $6M for the conference and another $4M from the team representing the conference in the Rose Bowl. Oregon to the Rose means the $6M goes away.

Along with pride, there is lots of $ at stake based on Oregon, again, carrying the conference. This is the kind of money the conference usually misses out and that the SEC brings in year after year.

GO DUCKS!

Not discounting last year, this is year 2.  And, he "did win the North" last year.  Me thinks he should be granted a lifetime contract for that. 

• Haha 1

Jen Cohen likely won't pull the trigger on Lake until he screws it up in year 2?

They aren't thrilled with the Men's basketball coach either. They drove Romar out of town with a 298-195 record, including 2 trips to the Sweet 16. Certainly not Altman, but. Romar did make Ernie look like a Master Tactician.  Hopkins is currently 68-60. Got Coach of the Year in the Pac-12 his first season, but it's been a downward spiral since.

What a bozo. Lake tries to insult the Ducks and instead assaults the English language. His "more academically prowess teams" comment is a grammatical nightmare. Instead of giving interviews that embarrass his school, maybe he should attend a few freshman English classes. 

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, OregonRich said:

What a bozo. Lake tries to insult the Ducks and instead assaults the English language. His "more academically prowess teams" comment is a grammatical nightmare. Instead of giving interviews that embarrass his school, maybe he should attend a few freshman English classes. 

Careful, calling him a Bozo will offend Clowns everywhere.

• Haha 2

It's going to be awkward when Jimmy is let go due to not meeting UW academic standards.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, OregonRich said:

Lake’s “academically prowess” comment was simply meant to divert attention away from his team’s lack of footbally prowess.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2021 at 7:57 PM, 30Duck said:

They aren't thrilled with the Men's basketball coach either. They drove Romar out of town with a 298-195 record, including 2 trips to the Sweet 16. Certainly not Altman, but. Romar did make Ernie look like a Master Tactician.  Hopkins is currently 68-60. Got Coach of the Year in the Pac-12 his first season, but it's been a downward spiral since.

You mean the team was set up to succeed by the previous coach but the new coach who had almost no head coaching experience is sending them into a downward spiral. It's almost like UW does have a narrative.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:36 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I hope this can get strung out a couple of years to really mess up their recruiting classes and leave them in a big talent hole for a while.

Here is the perfect situation in my opinion.

1. UW finishes the season going 2-2 with wins over WSU and COL but loses their bowl game for a final record of 6-7.

2. Lake blames the failings of the team on jon donovan, and jon don gets let go.

3. Cohen believes this and lake is retained for next year.

4. Lake makes another poor hire at OC.

5. following his poor hire, the school lets Cohen go.(she has been a really bad AD)

6. with Cohen gone, Lakes contract kicks and automatically extends 1 year

7. all the while their 2022 class stinks ends up ranked 55th(or thereabouts) in the nation and is ranked 11th in the conference.

8. 2022 rolls around the team stinks and lake is then fired 

9. the university can't get their act together quick enough and the hire another poor coach

I think 1-4 are almost a guarantee as for the rest i am being very hopeful as a petty fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is year two... but yes... I get what you mean in his second FULL year. 

Granted.. Lake did mess it up last year because his program's culture resulted in Washington being unable to play Oregon and potentially a Pac-12 Championship... for the record I do believe that if Oregon and Washington played last year that Oregon would have won. 

On 11/4/2021 at 9:39 AM, UtahDuck said:

but the new coach who had almost no head coaching experience is sending them into a downward spiral. It's almost like UW does have a narrative.

Yes, Mike Hopkins'  Head Coach experience consisted of 9 games filling in at Syracuse when Boeheim was suspended in 2016 before Washington in 2017.

Lake is now trying to reel that comment back lol. Far too little, far too late.