Charles Fischer

Huskies Have Nation's Best Passing Defense Ready for Ducks

Crap.  It will be a good test, and the next step in our offensive development.

Ducks to Face Nation's Top Passing Defense in Seattle by Erik Skopil of Duck Territory 247

Ducks to face nation's top passing defense in Seattle

Mr. FishDuck

Have to say it's surprising to see the Huskies being the Top in anything this season, but there it is. Can we say, "well they haven't faced a passing game as good as Oregon's"?. A passing game that has been improving. A nice balanced attack would serve the Ducks well on Saturday.

Also... Washington has a pretty bad rush defense. 

So lets let loose the runningbacks and really challenge Washington to have to load the box. If they don't we can let Dye and Cardwell just run through them all day and that would be fine too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/4/2021 at 10:18 AM, David Marsh said:

Also... Washington has a pretty bad rush defense. 

So lets let loose the runningbacks and really challenge Washington to have to load the box. If they don't we can let Dye and Cardwell just run through them all day and that would be fine too. 

Exactly.  Once the rushing offense starts ripping them for large chunks of yardage, the passing game will open up with the DBs trying to help out up front.

A suspect #1 in passing defense and #95 in rushing defense, what should we do, what should we do? The running game opens up the pass, I would say we will see plenty of running plays to at least begin the game.

We also lead them in turnover margin and this may play a key role this Saturday. We need to create turnovers, and protect the ball. The dawgs have given up 8 picks. Time for lots of pressure and McKinley to get back on the INT train!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Husky defense is dependent on keeping the opposing offense off schedule. They do well on third down because they have a good passing defense and if it is third-and-long the passing defense takes advantage of that situation and gets the defense off the field. 

However... if it is third-and-short... different story. Oregon needs to stay on schedule and make life difficult on Washington. 

• Thumbs Up 1

CFB stats not adjusted for the opponents are rather meaningless.

For example, Cincy is undefeated. But I think the teams ranked by the CT from 1-8 would like Cincy be undefeated playing Cincy's 100 ranked SOS? Cincy is getting a lot of credit for beating an ND team no where near as good as last season's ND team.

UW played Michigan OOC and not Ohio State. Michigan's O is based on the run game and MI hardly threw the ball vs UW. 

And in the Pac-12 this season? It's not like you are facing a whole bunch of NFL bound QBs. Those guys left CA and are playing back east.

UW DB McDuffie is as solid as it gets but this is the best balanced attack, with the Ducks throwing more and with success in the last couple of weeks, that UW will have faced to date.

Has UW faced a top 25 FCS passing attack to date?

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks to be a wet game, too. I seem to recall Mariota throwing a complete whiff in Seattle one wet, cold, and dark night.

On 11/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, nw777b said:

Looks to be a wet game, too. I seem to recall Mariota throwing a complete whiff in Seattle one wet, cold, and dark night.

I can't remember which one of the 12 straight that was, help me out.

• Haha 1

Actually,  it might have been Darron Thomas in 2011. The Ducks won, whichever year, but the ball was wet. During a pass it slipped out much like it did for Jameis Winston during the CFP game. 🙂

I'd rather see the stallions run on Saturday.

Edited by nw777b

FWIW...I think it was this play.

Screenshot_20211104-170646_Chrome.png

On 11/4/2021 at 8:08 PM, nw777b said:

FWIW...I think it was this play.

Screenshot_20211104-170646_Chrome.png

I say, Right On!  UW is O-challenged. 

I'm not sure about OR putting up 34 vs a very good D?  But the Oregon D  based on stats, should hold UW to 17 or less.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rooting for a well balanced attack against the dawg d. Run, run and run even more to set up passes in space.

The Ducks O brings one of the strongest run games the little pups will have seen all season.  Run them out of their own stadium.

Chew up clock, build a solid lead that forces the dawg o to play catch up. The Duck D has a great opportunity to build their sack numbers, cause fumbles and get some pics.

There is no better time for the Duck D to score some points than this Saturday.

Go Ducks....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, nw777b said:

Actually,  it might have been Darron Thomas in 2011. The Ducks won, whichever year, but the ball was wet. During a pass it slipped out much like it did for Jameis Winston during the CFP game. 🙂

Winston thought he was gripping a hot crab leg

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, nw777b said:

Oh that one, tell me more about the other 11 of the 12 straight!

What is exciting for us and scary for the dawgs is the scenario we are most likely seeing unfold tomorrow. It is a confirmation game for the Ducks and the Dawgs. It will confirm the Ducks are entering an elite status, and 3rd straight going onto more, and the dawgs are entering another decade of irrelevance after almost breaking through.

The other scenario is the Ducks are still just on the cusp of greatness and the dawgs still almost treading water at mediocrity, but that isn't going to be the outcome, go Ducks!

On 11/5/2021 at 8:52 AM, nw777b said:

Go to this site https://imgflip.com/memesearch?q=dog

First bring the picture to your desktop front page. Then go to create and load the picture in the create section. Then make it say what you want or just create your own Meme. You can also just select from the multitude of pictures to keep it simple. 

0xUzyWj8UvdrF48EOdfmEMypj9b-jq8fEHWmPnmhZnY.jpg

5t3tzc.jpg

• Haha 1