Jon Joseph

MARCUS ARROYO

Marcus' record so far at UNLV? 0-14. 

Even by Runnin' Rebels standards THIS is BAD!

BTW, the LA Times UCLA beat writer has called for Chip to be fired.

Buy out goes to ZIP in January.

I'm just glad he isn't at Oregon. We are really starting to see the Moorhead offense now and I love what I am seeing. 

Arroyo's offense was ok at Oregon... it didn't get the most out of Herbert but in truth there wasn't a whole lot of supporting talent around Herbert to really allow Herbert to showcase his abilities. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/4/2021 at 11:47 AM, Jon Joseph said:

BTW, the LA Times UCLA beat writer has called for Chip to be fired.

Buy out goes to ZIP in January.

As I said before....his ceiling there was 8 or 9 wins per year at best, Mora-or-less!

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

Chip just struggles in rebuilding a program. He was given an ampted up and ready to go Oregon and ran with it. But trying to take a failing program and turn it around... that is very difficult for most coaches and requires a different skill set than what Chip has. 

Though here is a follow up question... Moorhead will probably not be at Oregon forever... so how would people feel about Kelly returning to Oregon as OC? 

On 11/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, David Marsh said:

so how would people feel about Kelly returning to Oregon as OC? 

I do not see him doing that, and it would not be a good matchup with Cristobal in terms of the offense, and who thinks who is the smartest one in the room?

I'm Betting on Cristobal....(on left!)

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/4/2021 at 3:15 PM, David Marsh said:

Chip just struggles in rebuilding a program. He was given an ampted up and ready to go Oregon and ran with it. But trying to take a failing program and turn it around... that is very difficult for most coaches and requires a different skill set than what Chip has. 

Though here is a follow up question... Moorhead will probably not be at Oregon forever... so how would people feel about Kelly returning to Oregon as OC? 

For me, no. And that’s no disrespect to Coach Kelly. Just doesn’t feel like it’d work right. Of course, I do have a little list of OC candidates should that become an issue, but my list of guys that I want to be the OC only consists of Coach Moorhead!

How about Mark Helfrich? 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/4/2021 at 12:42 PM, Triphibius said:

How about Mark Helfrich? 

I would take Helfrich over Kelly in all honesty. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

How about Mark Helfrich? 

That was going to be my second point, as I'd prefer him and he would be deferential to Cristobal as well.  (I got sidetracked with my cat GIFs)  Good catch...

Mark would know when he's beaten...

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/4/2021 at 3:35 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I do not see him doing that, and it would not be a good matchup with Cristobal in terms of the offense, and who thinks who is the smartest one in the room?

I'm Betting on Cristobal....(on left!)

giphy.gif

AMEN! I don't think Chip who has to have plenty of dinero would be willing to be #2 guy and Mario doesn't need the hassle of having Chip around. Plus, no way would Chip be willing to recruit to Mario's standards.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, David Marsh said:

I would take Helfrich over Kelly in all honesty. 

Agreed David. Mark was Peter-Principled. He is a terrific OC. And man with more and more jobs opening up if JM is OK health-wise will anyone be surprised if he gets a HC offer?

Now that his salary is $1M post SEC, I expect WAZZU to take a long look at JM? And if the Penn State job opens up?

Both MC and JM are going to be in demand. Will the Ducks be able to come with the money to keep 1, MC is a critical keep, let alone both?

Jobs galore - LSU, TCU, Texas Tech, USC, WAZZU and more to follow. (VA TECH, UCLA, FLORIDA, SMU?) And with an earlier signing day more + more ADs are willing to cut the cord early and in season.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Agreed David. Mark was Peter-Principled. He is a terrific OC. And man with more and more jobs opening up if JM is OK health-wise will anyone be surprised if he gets a HC offer?

Now that his salary is $1M post SEC, I expect WAZZU to take a long look at JM? And if the Penn State job opens up?

Both MC and JM are going to be in demand. Will the Ducks be able to come with the money to keep 1, MC is a critical keep, let alone both?

Jobs galore - LSU, TCU, Texas Tech, USC, WAZZU and more to follow. (VA TECH, UCLA, FLORIDA, SMU?) And with an earlier signing day more + more ADs are willing to cut the cord early and in season.

I think JM would obviously be the more likely to leave, particularly if Oregon makes it into the CFP this season.  He's probably wanting to get back into an HC position somewhere in the Power 5.  MC would be far more difficult to pull away, given his cautious and conservative tendencies I don't think he would leave a really good thing like what he's created at Oregon.  Plus I don't think there are many other programs that have such support and freedom to do what he sees fit, there's usually a ton of meddling by ADs and/or boosters.

How about Mark Helfrich? 

No

Not even sure how much or what Helfrich actually did 

Stay gone 

• Thumbs Up 1

The past was awesome! But it's just that, the past. You can't go home (according to Jon bon Jovi) 

On 11/4/2021 at 4:28 PM, shawnski said:

A LOT! you can see it in the way he continued to innovate after CK left... always putting in a new twist. If he didn't change anything, other teams would have figured out how to defend it. Offense was NOT the problem under Helf... and he LOVES Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whether we reach the CFP or the still spectacular Rose Bowl, big money is going to come calling.

MC could easily be offered Jimbo Fisher money by LSU. Ask yourself, what is a 3 time conference champion worth?  (assuming we win out) If Tucker is worth $6mil at MSU ask what would Penn State offer MC?

If JM has any hankering to be a head coach again, I feel confident offers are going to come his way.

But first things first, beat the little puppies up north. Nothing is more important for the team.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:28 PM, shawnski said:

No

Stay gone 

Helf was a great QB coach as well...he was a good one himself.  Chip brought him in because he was good at more of a pro style, and Chip said he didn't need a spread guy, he WAS the spread guy.  Helf learned a lot about the spread and took it forward with our greatest ever QB and maybe best player ever.  Helf was not the CEO type, nor the recruiting guru.  Under Mario he wouldn't need to be.