30Duck

If Oregon Wins the Toss--Will Cristobal Take The Ball?

Chip's Ducks took the ball. and 1:43 later the Ducks were up 7-0. But most coaches now, defer, Cristobal included,  But the Ducks opened up against Colorado. Yes, it was Colorado, but baby steps here.

image.jpeg.7607c38a84465720f380821a970dd68a.jpeg

Cristobal knows the Ducks are hanging by a thread to No.4. But, has it sunk in that not only do the Ducks need to win their next 4 games. They need to leave a pile of destruction in their wake,

23-16 over unranked Washington won't do it, 23 would be a good halftime total for a team vying for a spot in the Final Four. These 4 games coming up are the most important games Oregon has had under Cristobal. 

It won't be enough if the Ducks cancel out the epic fail at ASU with a win at Washington. Cristobal brushed off Lake publicly, but is he seething inside? Is he going to have a glare that Lake can sense from across the field?

Open it up Mario, "Release the Hounds" on the Huskies!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is so fascinating, because Mario's DNA is to be tough and pound the "A" gaps.  Yet he opened up the passing game against UCLA, (of which was necessary to win) and did not need to pass against Colorado--but did for his "three-score advantage."  This means Cristobal understands the style points, and his decision to open it up was rewarded by the committee on Tuesday.

Now I believe that playing conservative is in his bones, and he cannot shake it.  Yet he can see it is what Oregon needs to do....but will he?

I have no idea, and the drama of it all is so compelling; will he do what he should to win, or play the way he wants to?

Oregon Football entertainment at it's highest!

Micah Pittman_Tom Corno.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Based on analytics? You definitely KO. 

Especially, against this UW O.

On 11/4/2021 at 5:37 PM, Jon Joseph said:

You definitely KO. 

No doubt that Mario will KO. If he doesn't than Pigs will be flying.

image.thumb.png.e734e4dbd843a86e5c00d7f5d5c5cd5c.png

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2021 at 5:22 PM, Charles Fischer said:

"three-score advantage."  This means Cristobal understands the style points

I'm sorry Charles but I still think this stems from being booed in Autzen. If the Ducks have multi-score wins, from then on, that will be the game that caused it. I hope he understands that style makes the FANS happy...I love wins BUT every away game 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bet, the dawgs don't lay down in the end zone again, but they will do something stupid, just the way they roll!

I do hope the Ducks look back on that 70 point loss, and make good on that history, some day. Has Cristobal really had a big beat down since Nevada 77-6?

That same year we crushed Colorado and then barely beat the dawgs. I don't want to see that repeat.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2021 at 6:10 PM, criticalduck said:

I'm sorry Charles but I still think this stems from being booed in Autzen. If the Ducks have multi-score wins, from then on, that will be the game that caused it. I hope he understands that style makes the FANS happy...I love wins BUT every away game 

And if this is the truth I'm ok with it... We have been screaming on message boards and articles for years that we want a more dynamic offense. 

Oregon fans really do love MC. Our biggest frustration has been the lack of points. So if we get more points then we will be even happier with MC. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In my gut I feel MC will keep the throttle wide open. Run to set up the pass. Roll up the score.

The only deterent might be the weather. This talented group has to hold on to the ball to control the game. Let it be the Duck D that takes advantage of the weather conditions. 

I have been to Husky Stadium for many Apple Cups going back to the mid seventies. Those games were at the end of November. However, miserable conditions are in the forecast.

Go Ducks....