FishDuck Article

Can Oregon Put Jimmy Lake on the Hot Seat?

It’s going to come up in tomorrow’s game against the Washington Huskies that, according to last year’s silly rules due to COVID-19, Washington “won” the North. Last year I wrote a whole article proclaiming the Pac-12 Championship game being a sham, especially if Washington backdoored its way into the game while not playing Oregon. Washington’s head coach Jimmy Lake proclaimed ...

Read the full article here...

• Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

David, thank you for taking the time to write this article.. It gives me great comfort, as a fan, that MC, is keeping his eye on the ultimate prize:

Beat Washington and go 1-0. It's all that matters this week.

A loss to the puppies would put us in a conference tie with them. They would hold the tie breaker on the Ducks. That's a feeling I wish not to endure.

Not interested in the Apple Cup deciding the North champ. No thanks.

You gain very little in trying to best a fool. MC took the high road, very classy 

Go Ducks, beat the puppies and add another nail to the puppies head coaching career.  Maybe this year the Cougars can finish the job.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is funny I don't just want our Ducks to beat the dawgs. Beating the dawgs will be satisfying and enjoyable don't get me wrong.

For me I want to see the Cougars beat the dawgs in husky stadium. I admit, my detest for their program goes to a level where I understand the pain and angst a loss to the cougs creates. 

The dawg and the coug programs really come down to who wins that game. Neither program is really all that good. Losing that game is extremely painful for the cougs, but would be the nail in the coffin for the dawg program. Of course, not to worry dawg fans, there is always the offseason projections of greatness they have learned to love.

Our Ducks can focus on going 1-0 this weekend, but I am looking ahead to the dawgs getting two losses as the season closes out! I have to admit, that is how I roll.

5t2yab.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

The UW fan comment that pleased me was when someone on the Seattle Times site asked (in essence):  Is this what we're reduced to as a football program?  Competing academically with Oregon?  For me this was quite satisfying.  

Lake is the 7th coach the Huskies have had since James left in 1992, so statistically he has a few more years to go. But, as Haywardduck just mentioned, after the Ducks beat the Dawgs on Saturday, and then the Cougars take care of them in the Apple Cup. UW will drain the Lake.

Love the article David, and no....I do not hope losing to Oregon puts him on the hot seat. I want him there for a few more recruiting cycles!

But losing to Oregon AND Washington State?  

Poor Jimmy doesn't know WHAT he's doing!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I think Lake is around for another year regardless... 2020 didn't count for the majority of coaches out there and it didn't for Lake.. after all he "won the North" LOL!

But there is one thing Washington fans want more than anything out of a coach... beat Oregon... and well... Petersen manged to do it twice.. but he caught Oregon at our lowest point in quite some time.

I don't think fans will tolerate him for much longer though... especially when he starts Hate Week off talking smack about Oregon and he ends up losing to Oregon.... really looking forward to seeing this happen tomorrow.

1. Lake should be on the hot seat currently no matter what.

2. Despite being on the hot seat I don't think he will get fired especially if he can pull of a 6-6 record. 

3. Even if UW did fire lake I would be ecstatic. There are currently eight teams that have fire a coach this season.

Akron - Tom Arth

Connecticut - Randy Edsall

Georgia Southern - Chad Lunsford(they have hired clay helton

LSU - Ed Orgeron

TCU - Gary Patterson

Texas Tech - Matt Wells

USC - Clay Helton

Washington State - Nick Rolovich

AS of now I would say UW is comfortably the third best team on this list, but you have other coaches including dan mullen(florida), Manny Diaz(miami), Justin Fuentes(VT), Chip Kelly(UCLA), and Scott Frost(Nebraska) all of which may be fired. If Washington decides to jump the wagon and look as well they are not going to be a top 5 team looking for a new coach, they won't even be in the top 10. Add in that Jen Cohen who has made poor hires her entire career will be put in charge of hiring his replacement and the next coach at UW may invariably hire Kevin Sumlin or Willie Taggart.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, UtahDuck said:

1. Lake should be on the hot seat currently no matter what.

2. Despite being on the hot seat I don't think he will get fired especially if he can pull of a 6-6 record. 

3. Even if UW did fire lake I would be ecstatic. There are currently eight teams that have fire a coach this season.

Akron - Tom Arth

Connecticut - Randy Edsall

Georgia Southern - Chad Lunsford(they have hired clay helton

LSU - Ed Orgeron

TCU - Gary Patterson

Texas Tech - Matt Wells

USC - Clay Helton

Washington State - Nick Rolovich

AS of now I would say UW is comfortably the third best team on this list, but you have other coaches including dan mullen(florida), Manny Diaz(miami), Justin Fuentes(VT), Chip Kelly(UCLA), and Scott Frost(Nebraska) all of which may be fired. If Washington decides to jump the wagon and look as well they are not going to be a top 5 team looking for a new coach, they won't even be in the top 10. Add in that Jen Cohen who has made poor hires her entire career will be put in charge of hiring his replacement and the next coach at UW may invariably hire Kevin Sumlin or Willie Taggart.

Or bring back Ty? Great post.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:20 PM, David Marsh said:

I think Lake is around for another year regardless... 2020 didn't count for the majority of coaches out there and it didn't for Lake.. after all he "won the North" LOL!

But there is one thing Washington fans want more than anything out of a coach... beat Oregon... and well... Petersen manged to do it twice.. but he caught Oregon at our lowest point in quite some time.

I don't think fans will tolerate him for much longer though... especially when he starts Hate Week off talking smack about Oregon and he ends up losing to Oregon.... really looking forward to seeing this happen tomorrow.

Great read. Thanks David.

The ABC crew for Saturday nights UW game? It's the crew led by Mark Jones. The crew that laid cupcakes on the sideline representing UW's OOC schedule, while failing to mention that Wisconsin canceled out on a H+H with UW. 

ESPN apologized to the then President of UW for the 'childish behavior' of the crew. This crew was never again supposed to do a UW game. They will likely fall all over themselves pumping up UW?

Combined record of the 4 teams UW has defeated in 2021? 7-25. So, if you want to say something nice you definitely have to reference 2020 when UW never played a game on the road.

FB is all about talent as GA coach Kirby Smart said last week. Talent comes from population centers where kids can go play where family and friends can see them. Seattle alone has 4 Million. That's more than our entire state. That's why I believe every team in the PAC has rosters consisting mostly of California players. Which is why it is tough for the PAC to complete with the big teams back east.  And yet we sometimes can (tOSU) Hopefully the Natty comes soon.