Krsmqn

Utah

Is Utah looking as good as I think they are? I know Furd is having a down year, but man, the Utes are manhandling them on both sides of the ball! I can't believe Oregon lost to Furd... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hopefully Utah is well ranked when we play them, and hopefully we beat them! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the Utes are the toughest remaining opponent. 

• Like 1

Ummmmmm........yeah. I think our chances against Utah are less than they were against Ohio State.......if they play like they are right now.

Of course they did lose to the Beavers in Corvallis a few weeks ago so you never how a PAC12 team is going to show up on any given night.

I am pretty confident we are going to go into that Utah game with them as the favorite to win, at least I hope so.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

All I can think is that luckily Utah doesn't seem to have much of a passing game, and that's Oregon's biggest weakness on defense statistically. So if we can stop their rushing game, which is going to be tough, then we may well just have a chance. 

Our offense is going to have to play lights out though. And the defense is going to have to be super stout against the run.

I give us 30% chance to win. Either way we should end up with a nice bowl game, and plenty of experience for our young team. 

Utah is improving, but this game had more to do with Stanford giving up all hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:25 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Utah is improving, but this game had more to do with Stanford giving up all hope.

That's what it looked like.

Stanford gave it all against Oregon and Utah will do the same. Expect a similar effort by the dawgs until they get distracted by their tail.

5t7745.jpg

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 11:09 PM, Krsmqn said:

Is Utah looking as good as I think they are? I know Furd is having a down year, but man, the Utes are manhandling them on both sides of the ball! I can't believe Oregon lost to Furd... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hopefully Utah is well ranked when we play them, and hopefully we beat them! 

Utah  basically wrapped up the Pac-12 S last night. ASU is 2 back and the Utes won the head to head vs ASU.

But with 3Ls playing in this conference and not the B1G or SEC, it will be difficult IMO for Utah to be ranked before the Utes play the Ducks? 

I don't want Utah to defeat Oregon and be ranked because that means no PO for Oregon and no $6M for the conference. Take the L vs OR and I doubt Utah will be ranked going into the champ game?

In Utah's favor, the Ls to BYU + SDS are both 'decent top 25 Ls.'

Most of the conference teams with the notable exception of Oregon, shot themselves in the foot OOC. A really bad showing OOC.

Stanford was deplorable.  Horrible "tackling ". In quotes because they literally looked like they were throwing the game to me because they seemed late to the ball and weren't wrapping up.

I was expecting a lot more from them. The scores in their previous games were respectable.

Anyway, Whittingham's teams over the years seem to be very inconsistent.  When they bring their A game, they can defeat anyone. Then they don't show up the next week.

I think they'll be very tough at home.

One of the more bizarre games the Ducks ever played was in SLC in 2014. The Ducks, 9-1 were rated 4th and the Utes, 6-3 were rated 17th. This is the game where Brown was injured so badly, his life was in danger. And there was the bizarre non-TD by Utah because the WR dropped the ball short of the goal line and Oregon ran it back for a 100 yard fumble recovery TD. 

I'm hoping Oregon is still rated 4th and Utah is rated 17th and the Ducks take care of business and there are no injuries. 

Screenshot_20211106-091050_Chrome~2.png

On 11/6/2021 at 9:19 AM, nw777b said:

And there was the bizarre non-TD by Utah because the WR dropped the ball short of the goal line and Oregon ran it back for a 100 yard fumble recovery TD. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/6/2021 at 9:26 AM, 30Duck said:

As I recall, they learned that from us as either earlier that year, or the year before one of our backs did the same.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We got some tough games before we go to Utah. Starting this afternoon.

The whole PAC looks weird this year.

Young teams struggle on the road and then there is elevation. Really tough. God we got shafted on away vrs home games this year. 

But next year. We will get all of those teams at home.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:33 PM, Steven A said:

As I recall, they learned that from us as either earlier that year, or the year before one of our backs did the same.

Byron Marshall had done it a couple of times before that. He also did it again against Ohio State in the NC game, but the tip of the ball barely crossed the line so they gave it to him. Marshall was good but his showboating left a lot to be desired.

• Thumbs Up 1