Charles Fischer

Allstate Playoff Predictor: Oregon has NO CHANCE

When you consider all the teams that lost or played poorly this weekend and Oregon's chances according to this predictor are THIS bad?  I hope if lights a fire under our team!

ESPN Playoff Percentages_ESPN.jpg

I like the image below a bit better.....

First Playoff Top Six_ESPN Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Look: I’m very happy they won.  8-1 is great!  But,……man…..they sure looked ugly…..especially in that first half.  No passing game?  Don’t even put a punt returner on the field?  Consistently shoot themselves in the foot at the end of games?  I dunno……doesn’t instill a lotta confidence in me, either.  If we play a competent team, unlike the Fuskies……say, Utah or resurgent WSU?…….I dunno….

one game at a time!   Prove me wrong, Ducks,  Will LOVE to see it!  Go, Ducks!

Ok, Oregon didn't look their best in this game, but it was in a hostile environment, heaving rain with wind through most of the game.

Oregon held Washington to 166 total yards (111 passing,  and 55 rushing) and only 7 first downs compare to Oregon's 427 total yards (only 98 of those yards passing) and 22 first downs.  That was Washington's lowest total yards that any team held them at in spite of still having injuries and having to shift defensive players around due to those injuries.

I have to admit, wishing the Ducks punched it in for more points at the end of the game when they had the chance.  Yesterday's games, other than Georgia, had struggles.  Cincy struggled with Tulane, MSU lost to Purdue, Alabama did not look all that great against LSU and neither did Ohio St. against Nebraska.  We are the ones that had to deal with terrible weather.

I do not understand this predictor at all.  Doesn't make sense.  If Oregon wins out as well as Pac12 championship should show higher percentage on the predictor.  Again, do not understand how they come to this prediction.

Wish we did not have that blemish of a lost with Stanford, but the only thing we can do is take care of business and win all our remaining games and conference championship.  Hopefully will be able to be one of the top 4 teams invited to the invitational playoffs.  In my thinking Oregon should move up to the 3rd spot, but who knows how this committee will place us.  Go Ducks!!!

Negative comments seems to fire this team and coaches up, please keep it coming.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From listening to MC, it was not in the game plan to pass the ball too much. If they had tried to pass more it may have lead to more interceptions

They wanted to run, run and run. 

The conditions called for power football on the ground. Thankfully it worked out well 

Those untimely unforced errors may very well catch up to the Ducks. But based on the carnage yesterday, so glad to see the Ducks survived.

Ive watched a lot of football in my life and learned something.

There are good teams

There are bad teams 

There are teams that know how to win 

The Ducks seem to be all three.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yesterday's news. The Ducks on Tuesday night will ne ranked at 3.

8 top 25 teams lost yesterday including 3 and 10. All of these predictions are simple guess work authored by the  particular programming that was uses.

Let's also not discount the weather yesterday folks. When you can see rain on tv it is very heavy rain. There is a reason why tv shows and movies don't have light rain or a drizzle and only do HEAVY rain and that's because rain does not show up on camera unless there is a ton of it. 

Driving winds and a temperature just above 40 degrees made for a miserable game. The commentators were inside and wearing coats! 

It was on at primetime which meant everyone saw the conditions and.also saw that once Oregon took the lead they completely controlled the game. 

Washington has a pretty good defense but a terrible offense... And Oregon held that terrible offense to basically no yards. 

Neither team could effectively pass the ball yesterday in that weather. And Washington's back end of their defense is pretty good against the pass. 

Oregon did the only thing that was left to them to do... Run the ball and they did a admirable job of it at the end. 

It would have been nice to have that extra score for the style points which would have more accurately showed how much control Oregon actually had during the game... Oregon should have had 7 more points. But it is what it is. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:22 PM, David Marsh said:

Let's also not discount the weather yesterday folks. When you can see rain on tv it is very heavy rain. There is a reason why tv shows and movies don't have light rain or a drizzle and only do HEAVY rain and that's because rain does not show up on camera unless there is a ton of it. 

Driving winds and a temperature just above 40 degrees made for a miserable game. The commentators were inside and wearing coats! 

It was on at primetime which meant everyone saw the conditions and.also saw that once Oregon took the lead they completely controlled the game. 

Washington has a pretty good defense but a terrible offense... And Oregon held that terrible offense to basically no yards. 

Neither team could effectively pass the ball yesterday in that weather. And Washington's back end of their defense is pretty good against the pass. 

Oregon did the only thing that was left to them to do... Run the ball and they did a admirable job of it at the end. 

It would have been nice to have that extra score for the style points which would have more accurately showed how much control Oregon actually had during the game... Oregon should have had 7 more points. But it is what it is. 

AMEN! Oregon put up 477 yards on O (UW 166) in terrible weather and with its QB having a very shaky game. And that 477 came against a very good D playing as hard as it could at home.

• Like 1