Charles Fischer

Jimmy Lake Being Investigated by Washington for Getting Physical?

This whole scenario is surreal, considering how Oregon pushed them around in the trenches.  I sure there is a "punchline" in there somewhere!

Jimmy Lake Investigated by Washington for Getting Physical with Player on Sidelines by Larry Brown of Larry Brown Sports

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I’m sure Rod Gilmore will give his opinion on this at some point.

jimmy-lake-Ruperake-Fuavai.thumb.jpg.f5705a88cc848746a7ff122bfeb1c0d1.jpg

The Meltdown At Montlake

By Jimmy Lake

Not quite the pick, nor the end zone lay down, but definitely defines the game. I predicted the dawgs would do something stupid, and we have another stupid coaching move. The lay down was embarrassing, this one goes a bit beyond embarrassing, stay tuned how much beyond. The dawgs seem to always make losing even more entertaining, and for that we are grateful.

• Thumbs Up 1

In this day and age that kind of behavior is a big no no.

When your Head Coaching career is on thin ice, definitely a no no.

Perhaps what Husky football represents was on full display.

It's all rear view mirror stuff now.

Go Ducks. Beat the Cougars  Go 1-0 this week. Let's be 2 games clear in the North with 2 to go.

Man do I feel old. The player is being stupid. The coach barely glances the face mask -- the face mask, not his face. More coaches should get after player's for unacceptable behavior, such as Pittman's in 2 games now.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, nw777b said:

Man do I feel old. The player is being stupid. The coach barely glances the face mask -- the face mask, not his face. More coaches should get after player's for unacceptable behavior, such as Pittman's in 2 games now.

You are in (I hope) good company.

This used to be a much more physical game here jimmy and Joe were not little kids whose self esteem must be protected. And where the game wasn't frequently stopped for completed unnecessary reviews.

• Thumbs Up 1

This may be the excuse Washington's AD needs to fire Lake at the end of the season. Especially to avoid a buyout because they could become firing with cause. 

On 11/7/2021 at 7:32 AM, nw777b said:

Totally agree with you NW777b, and I am not quite a grey beard yet. I don't see why anyone would make anything out of this. His player was acting stupid and he let him know by popping him in the face mask and separating him from the situation. 

No way should they hold this against Lake. The stupid slips of the tongue about academic prowess yes.....that is foolishness, but this, come on man. Is this still football or what????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I'm NOT a coach Lake fan. But I would bet a great deal he would never do that to a player that was not in football armor. 

I thought it was ironic that Lake was losing his cool while the announcers were telling tales of Lake forcing the team to watch video of past emotional outbursts...so poetic.

On 11/7/2021 at 12:01 PM, nw777b said:

I'm NOT a coach Lake fan. But I would bet a great deal he would never do that to a player that was not in football armor. 

I thought it was ironic that Lake was losing his cool while the announcers were telling tales of Lake forcing the team to watch video of past emotional outbursts...so poetic.

Ironic indeed. A foul outburst on the sideline to coach not committing personal fouls on the field …. 

• Haha 1

Sure, hit and push your kids, players, employees to demonstrate how to keep emotions in check.

He had had 2 PF committed on the field. He's coaching for his career and he loses it and pushed a player who was going to get his team another flag. Oh my god. How terrible. I sure none of us would have done anything like that. This culture has has went to hell and a handbasket. I don't like the Dawgs but still I hate to see this happen to anyone. The punishment doesn't fit the so called crime.

Another take on the mistake by the lake:

Between losses, bad jokes and a investigation, Jimmy Lake is feeling the heat from Husky fans https://news.yahoo.com/between-losses-bad-jokes-investigation-175024943.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma

• Haha 1

Lake suspended 1 game for the helmet slap.

It may not be the kind of thing you want to be seen doing on ABC, but Jimmy was hardly channeling Woody.

• Haha 1