Charles Fischer

More Herbert History Made!

• Like 5

Mr. FishDuck

He will easily be the best Duck NFL QB. amazing player and person. 

• Like 1

It was a great day for Herbert and the Chargers, ending a 2 game losing streak, with a 27-24 win at Philadelphia. The win keeps the Chargers tied with the Raiders for 1st Place in the AFC West. Herbert led the Chargers on a last minutes drive ending with a game winning field goal with :02 left on the clock. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s amazing to me that the Ducks coaching staff did such a lousy job with this kid. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 2:37 AM, Just Ducky said:

It’s amazing to me that the Ducks coaching staff did such a lousy job with this kid. 

Ahhh... 

We won the conference and the Rose Bowl? 

• Like 1

I love watching fellow native Eugenian Justin Herbert play and do so well in the NFL. Getting to play the game you love for a living should be delightful, and Herbert looks like he's having the time of his life. I also love the man that Herbert is. He is intelligent, humble, grateful, and always quick to point out whose shoulders his success stands on. He get's it and it's fun to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Watched the Eagles game. The Chargers have a lot of young and experienced talent to exploit, yet what is amazing to me from my observations is that it's NO LONGER young green Herbert working to catch up with the experienced stars on the team - it's the experienced stars of the team NOW working furiously to catch up to the top-shelf Herbert!

Edited by toketeeman
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/8/2021 at 9:24 AM, shawnski said:

Ahhh... 

We won the conference and the Rose Bowl? 

We lost to 2 freshman QBs with a top 5 offensive line and an extremely good defense. I can’t give Herbert all the credit for the teams success.

He played in a system that limited the plays called.  So you took an elite QB and tied his throwing hand behind his back.  Simple as that.

For what ever reason, you did not let him reach his potential.  Which in hind sight, probably worked out for him.  His game is better than that of Burrow, Tagovailoa and his team upgraded, hopefully, the coaching.  Now I just hope that he has as long and good of a career as Dan Fouts.  Stay strong and healthy Herbert.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, EzDucksIt said:

So you took an elite QB and tied his throwing hand behind his back.  Simple as that.

For what ever reason, you did not let him reach his potential.

I’ll respectfully disagree with that. I think there have been plenty of hot shot college ball QB’s that went nowhere in the NFL. Johnny Football, RGIII, Colt McCoy, McCarron, Brennan, Leinhart, Tebow anyone?  And of course those that shone in college and in the pros.

Said another way, being a star in college ball doesn’t make you a star in the NFL, nor does being good-to-great limit your ability to shine in the pros.

Maybe Justin’s skill is the type that needed a pro style fit to blossom.  I wish for his success. 

I do remember many times when Herbert was a Duck that his receivers would drop his passes because they - as college players - could not handle 60+ MPG BULLETS TO THE NUMBERS.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

DurangoJim,

I would beg to differ.  The facts are, Justin Herbert was the NFL Rookie of the Year for the 2020-21 season.  I will not list all of the accomplishments but suffice it to say, Justin Herbert did a better job of representing Oregon, than Oregon did for Justin Herbert.

Look at all that he has done since entering the NFL.  Compare that to the way he was portrayed, pre-draft.  The negative assessments from the media and talking heads had people believing he was a waste of a first round, let alone a top ten pick.  Oregon is responsible for that perception.  The discussion as I saw it, was about college coaching, specifically Oregon, failing to realize or capitalize on athletes talent, Herbert's in this case.  And that is why I wrote that comment.  So please forgive me if I seem to be a rube.  I kind of am.

I took the liberty of splicing some quotes together but included the original article in whole.  The San Diego Chargers released Coach Anthony Lynn, due in part to "A lack of commitment to consistent, winning football and showed a propensity for bad on-the-field decision-making that did not make sense for a coach of his caliber" https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/why-the-chargers-fired-anthony-lynn/ar-BB1ctvgF

With Oregon in the driver seat of the playoffs could this happen to Cristobal should he take a stumble.  And would it be deserving?  I know of his recruiting successes but his coaching and in game acumen is questionable.  Never enough separation in games to get younger athletes in game reps to develop experience and build confidence.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, EzDucksIt said:

DurangoJim,

I would beg to differ.

Look at all that he has done since entering the NFL.  Compare that to the way he was portrayed, pre-draft.  The negative assessments from the media and talking heads had people believing he was …..

All good Ez, I hear your points. I’m just saying players mature at different times, maybe Herbert was a late bloomer despite coaching, maybe it’s exactly because of coaching.

And to me, the media anymore is a blatantly biased propaganda tool for wherever the money or the inbred politics goes ….. 

Here’s to Herbert becoming a superstar!  🌟

• Like 1