30Duck

The Forsyth Penalty That Wasn't There

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pac-12 refs do Pac-12 ref things. 

Bound to get multiple calls wrong a game. 

I was telling at the tv when they were trying to review a play that was ineligible because another play had already happened. 

This crew was very very slow to make matters worse. I get wanting to get things right but just let the game play out a bit. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow.  That is what you want; an offensive lineman throwing a Husky linebacker to the ground.  It is simply another version of a "pancake" block, and another example of how the league own officiating is hurting our conference.

Those extra points may have really meant something on another week where other teams ahead and behind us in the rankings did better, and you cannot have bogus calls by our own conference officials.

Cristobal has torqued off somebody, somewhere, as this looks like the bias that Chip dealt with in his relationship with the media.

• Thumbs Up 7

Mr. FishDuck

Unnecessary roughness LOL--

• Thumbs Up 1

In my mind the score of that game is 31-16.

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

In my mind the score of that game is 31-16.

Agreed, and between doubling them up, and running for 329 yards in a driving rainstorm--that total picture then looks like a top-four team. And that is what the score should have been....

Although that would have left about two minutes left, and I was fantasizing that Morris would throw a pick-six to us and the final score would have been 38-16...which is what I predicted.  A fella can dream!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks for sharing 30Duck! 

The officiating was bad this game. not in the same kind of bad as the stanford game but seriously it was bad. I am still baffled on the final TD that was called back as well. Not saying he didn't score just that none of the tv angles provided during the broadcast confirmed any justification to overturn the play. I swear the more i watch pac 12 officials the less I understand football. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, what that video doesn't show is Forsythe jumping on the defender and tickling him while demanding he say "Uncle", so there's that!!!

Edited by nw777b
  • Haha 6

Saw on replay (there weren't many) and he was down around the one. 

Doesn't excuse all of the others.

Consecutive week where they are reviewing plays inside of one minute that had no bearing on the game.

Buffoonery 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is nice to know feelings are being protected by the refs, that had to hurt! Maybe the ref should have given the LB a participation trophy as well?

This is football, people get dominated and the paternal, maternal instincts to protect must be put into check!

PS. Women refs wear pants too, and I have seen some excellent female refs, maybe the Pac-12 should look to finding some female refs, not meant to offend anyone!

5tewot.jpg

• Haha 2

The Ducks are being investigated by The University of Washington for getting physical. 

• Haha 3

Thanks for sharing this angle 30Duck. I replayed it from a different angle numerous times and came to the same conclusion that Forsyth had done nothing wrong on that play. I disagree with UtahDuck, the overall quality of officiating in this game was just as bad, or even worse, than the officiating in the Stanford game, it just didn't hurt Oregon as much.

The reviews were excessive to the point of cutting into the flow and rhythm of the game for both teams. Many of the reviews shouldn't have needed to be review had the field refs been doing a competent job. In one case, where Dye's forward progress has him barely out of the end zone for a brief moment, the review got it wrong.

The refs lose track of the game and aren't sure where to spot the ball, so they review it. Dye runs for 17 yards, fumbles at the end of the play, the ball is recovered by Redd and the refs review it to see if Dye had a first down. Cardwell scores a touchdown that has no bearing on the outcome of the game with 12 seconds left. Let's review it.

It would be one thing if it were just a matter of officiating crews having a bone to pick with Cristobal, but I watch a lot of Pac 12 football and it's a serious problem in almost every single game. Pac 12 officials make serious mistakes that effect the outcomes of games that you just don't see officials from other conferences making time and time again.

Do you ever wonder how it is that Pac 12 teams seem to eat their own and, as happened again last weekend, aid in top teams constantly falling victim to what seem like lesser teams? Poor officiating has A LOT to do with it, and it also plagues basketball in our conference. 

Former commissioner Larry Scott was aware of the problem and tried to address it to no avail. I certainly hope it is finally addressed by new commissioner George Kliavkoff. 

• Thumbs Up 5

On 11/8/2021 at 9:10 AM, shawnski said:

Saw on replay (there weren't many) and he was down around the one. 

Doesn't excuse all of the others.

Consecutive week where they are reviewing plays inside of one minute that had no bearing on the game.

Buffoonery 

It perplexes me the refs are reviewing plays on a tiny monitor when everybody at home has giant screen TVs.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/8/2021 at 8:21 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Although that would have left about two minutes left, and I was fantasizing that Morris would throw a pick-six to us and the final score would have been 38-16...which is what I predicted.  A fella can dream!

I was sitting in my chair and chanting "pick-six, pick-six... scoop-n-score, scoop-n-score" ... it didn't happen but I was trying to will it into existence. 

On 11/8/2021 at 9:35 AM, latracey said:

Pac 12 officials make serious mistakes that effect the outcomes of games that you just don't see officials from other conferences making time and time again.

Oregon should be undefeated right now if not for a series of bad calls the refs made in the Stanford game. Especially that LAST play in regulation. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Unbelievable.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:54 AM, TheRunningDuck said:

It perplexes me the refs are reviewing plays on a tiny monitor when everybody at home has giant screen TVs.

Just run over to Costco and get an 80 in incher. Not even a fraction of Larry Scott's or David Shaws salaries 

The game notes on ESPN.com said he was called for unsportsmanlike conduct. There was probably some trash talk after the play. And not the clean kind like Philip Rivers used to spew.

My guess is that the refs decided Alex intentionally blocked the opposing player to the ground.

On 11/8/2021 at 12:51 PM, Duck1984 said:

My guess is that the refs decided Alex intentionally blocked the opposing player to the ground.

Yes that's what it's become. I think the next step is banning tackle FB and going to flag

Don't know if anyone on this awesome site (thanks Charles, writers and commentators ) watched the Oklahoma-Kansas game the previous Saturday.

Kansas had that game but the refs called back, not one but two Kansas scores. The announcers could not find either penalty on replay. This was very late in the game.

Referees are lacking in all conferences. It appears the Big 12 officials know how to protect their front runner 

Hmmmmmm.....

• Thumbs Up 2

Through the years it seemed the refs favored the 'name' teams. But the PAC is a bird of a different feather.

If the pack 12 wants a team to represent its conference in the playoffs and make a whole lot of money then why do the refs that are paid by the pack make it damn near impossible to do.

Maybe the tv revenue is based on how long they can drag a game out by stopping the clock and airing more commercials if games are close at the end.

Every time the clock is stopped in this manor it also affects the momentum a team has generated.

I felt sorry for the players having to stand around in that cold and rainy game waiting for the officials to do their job in a timely manor.

Way past time for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Fuskie got bopped and then fell over --my gawd!, wut is football coming too?

Official 1Ducker1 score -- The academic Prowess Huskies 16 --The Mighty Ducks of the great state of OREGON ---31 

weird, no coaches were fired or suspended on my awesome DUCKS!!