kirklandduck

Former Duck Coach to the Beavers?

Well not really.  However Canzano does make a good argument for Aliotti to be Jonathan Smith's new DC, another suggesting Keith Hayward.  Interesting to think about....

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/john_canzano/2021/11/canzano-oregon-states-jonathan-smith-sends-a-message-with-firing-of-defensive-coordinator.html

Don't know?

Nick is getting 750 Large from the State of Oregon every year, teeing it up at Eugene CC and it looks like he is also having fun as a commentator? 

Post football season my guess he has somewhere nice to hang out south of Eugene?

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 11/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Don't know?

Nick is getting 750 Large from the State of Oregon every year, teeing it up at Eugene CC and it looks like he is also having fun as a commentator? 

Post football season my guess he has somewhere nice to hang out south of Eugene?

Agree. As a head coach...maybe. Not as a DC.

Yeah I doubt Aliotti comes back as a DC unless perhaps it just misses the routine that much.  I could see Keith Hayward make the move however.  Given that he's a co-DC at Cal, moving to a primary DC role would be a logical step forward for him.

Anything’s possible, but like others have pointed out, Nick is enjoying life. Head coach offerings? Again, hard to read, but my guess would be he’d be very cautious — knowing his own temperament — before jumping in that caldron. Last thing in life he’d like to be remember as is becoming another Mike Stoops.

Hayward probably... Aliotti ... No... he is very happy on Pac-12 Network right now and even after the networks gets an eventual rework he is a keeper. He is a great personality there and knows what he is talking about. For Aliotti I am sure he would love to come back and work on the scheming side of things and maybe even the position coaching side of things but the one thing I am sure he does NOT want to do anymore is recruit. Recruiting is a ton of work and exhausting but is also the lifeblood of a program. 

On 11/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Don't know?

He is actually getting $281,000 per year.  Which is really good but not close to 750.  From the PERS data base:

ALIOTTI, NICK J $23,432 2014-03-01 Tier One 317 Full Formula $539,957 $281,185 52%

On 11/8/2021 at 4:57 PM, DuckHeart said:

He is actually getting $281,000 per year.  Which is really good but not close to 750.  From the PERS data base:

ALIOTTI, NICK J $23,432 2014-03-01 Tier One 317 Full Formula $539,957 $281,185 52%

Thanks for the correction. I guess he has elected the lower over the full formula payout?

On 11/8/2021 at 12:36 PM, kirklandduck said:

However Canzano does make a good argument for Aliotti to be Jonathan Smith's new DC, another suggesting Keith Hayward.

Aliotti was a great coach but that is not going to happen and this isn't even a good argument to even try. This is just canzano spouting stuff. 

Heyward makes more sense but frankly I don't know if he has enough on his resume in way of play calling.

If I were oregon state I would look at Grant Duff at weber state. He has been the DC their for about 5 years and during that time they have really turned around making 5 straight FCS playoffs. His contract would be small and he gives you an in to a new state when it comes to recruiting, the FCS schools really know the head coaches in states like utah and they may lead to be an edge in a good recruiting state for oregon state. it's also a bit off the wall

Why not just about every other University has had success hiring a Duck. If you can't beat them, hire them.

• Haha 1