FishDuck Article

The Ravings of a Mad Dawg

As the snap sailed over the punter’s head resulting in the safety that secured an Oregon victory on Saturday night at Husky Stadium, my three companions and I all looked at each other and eagerly said, “Let’s go!” As many fans could see on television, the Oregon-Washington game was cold, wet and windy. As we began to make our way ...

Read the full article here...

• Haha 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

No one as far as I know has suggested this . . . but at the moment the snap went awry, my immediate thought was: the field goal special team was so pissed at the coach's decision to surrender that they decided to SABOTAGE the play. Well, that may be a bit hard to imagine but that snap had to be at least ten feet in the air, and so wide that the kicker made ZERO EFFORT to react to retrieve the ball - did he already know that the ball was going to be made to sail and fly completely through the end zone? Yep, I'm probably crazy.

Edited by toketeeman
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Darren, thank you for sharing a story that warmed my heart. Seriously,  thank you.

In true Husky fashion, you know superior, arrogant decision making, they will keep Lake. Oh happy days!

Had dinner last night with some awesome friends who happen to be rabid Husky fans. Tattoos to prove it. To sum it up from their view point the Ducks were plain lucky that the puppies gave the game away. I excused myself to go to restroom as not to laugh out loud, in their faces.

Upon my return, my response was that I must have missed how the puppies gave the game away (they hate it when I call them puppies). Vowing to rewatch the game to witness how lucky the Ducks were.

Gosh I love rivalry week over an opponent who can't play like a rival.

(15 out of 17).

At no moment did my friends contemplate that Lake may have lost the team, lost the players on his decision to punt. Total surrender...

Keep up the good work puppies....

The Ducks have a game this week with a team my friends called a joke.  Actual on field results mean nothing, I guess. The Cougs will come to play which is more than the puppies did. Lucky my behind...

Go Ducks. 1-0 this week.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 6:24 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Ducks have a game this week with a team my friends called a joke. 

WSU will win the Apple cup.

Ive received similar reaction and insinuations of a “lucky” win. 

to which I replied;

The only Lucky part is how poorly coached and how inept Washington really is from year to year.

We in the Pac12 north are so lucky that you arrogant loudmouth hiny sniffing scavengers have no talent ability coaching or even integrity from year to year.  

Had the people dressed in hooker fake gold and prostitute purple had actual prowess, yes they might have had a chance to use the momentum given to them as a lucky gift in quarter one for more than some fan yapping and middle fingers by the idiot students without shirts spelling out dawggystyle.

Nothing quite like showing ones arrogant overconfidence and lack of class in the first quarter and watching your team cave in the rain to your masters. 

when the other team rushes for over 300 luck has little to do with it!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Vandownbytheriverduck, I looked up the definition of Washington Husky in the elitist dictionary and it said to see your post.

Outstanding, eloquent presentation delivered with prowess. Thank you.

It is so good to be a Duck.... 

• Haha 1

I love it when people say I am lucky, I just smile!

5tj0bg.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

from their view point the Ducks were plain lucky that the puppies gave the game away.

Yes, the Huskies have been extremely generous the last 30 years or so.  In Dog years its been eons since the Huskies were a dominant presence in the Pac. Sure, Athlon puts a Husky on the cover of their football preview mag for display in the Seattle area, but that's about it.

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 5:28 AM, toketeeman said:

No one as far as I know has suggested this . . . but at the moment the snap went awry, my immediate thought was: the field goal special team was so pissed at the coach's decision to surrender that they decided to SABOTAGE the play. Well, that may be a bit hard to imagine but that snap had to be at least ten feet in the air, and so wide that the kicker made ZERO EFFORT to react to retrieve the ball - did he already know that the ball was going to be made to sail and fly completely through the end zone? Yep, I'm probably crazy.

The snapper might not have done it intentionally, but he might have been so ticked off that his anger caused him to snap the ball with too much force....

• Thumbs Up 2

Darren, thank you for sharing a story that warmed my heart. Seriously,  thank you.

In true Husky fashion, you know superior, arrogant decision making, they will keep Lake. Oh happy days!

Had dinner last night with some awesome friends who happen to be rabid Husky fans. Tattoos to prove it. To sum it up from their view point the Ducks were plain lucky that the puppies gave the game away. I excused myself to go to restroom as not to laugh out loud, in their faces.

Upon my return, my response was that I must have missed how the puppies gave the game away (they hate it when I call them puppies). Vowing to rewatch the game to witness how lucky the Ducks were.

(15 out of 17).

At no moment did my friends contemplate that Lake may have lost the team, lost the players on his decision to punt. Total surrender...

The Ducks have a game this week with a team my friends called a joke.  Actual on field results mean nothing, I guess. The Cougs will come to play which is more than the puppies did. Lucky my behind...

Go Ducks. 1-0 this week.

Denial is not just some river in Egypt 

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 5:28 AM, toketeeman said:

The only question is: Was it a conspiracy? Or, did the snapper act alone? ; )

• Thumbs Up 2

(15 out of 17).

Go Ducks. 1-0 this week.

Rest assured, as I heard several throughout the evening, there are plenty of Husky fans who want Lake's head. Your friends must still be in denial, as the first stage of recovery is ACCEPTANCE.  ; )

• Like 1

I would have gone with a kidney punch, followed by a knee drop and a kick to the back of your head. But I'm a Super Greybeard, we have to fight dirty!

So happy you lived to right this fine take.

Lake has entered: Save Your HC Butt Phase 1. Along with Dan Mullen at Florida, he is jettisoning assistants. "See. I am willing to make moves for The Team. Wait until next year after I bring in all-CFB assistant coaches.

You will not hear this: "It's not my fault! It's the fault of the guys who I hired; guys who report to me. So get off my back! Or, hand me my multi-million dollar exit fee and I'm gone."

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 6:40 AM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

WSU will win the Apple cup.

Ive received similar reaction and insinuations of a “lucky” win. 

to which I replied;

The only Lucky part is how poorly coached and how inept Washington really is from year to year.

We in the Pac12 north are so lucky that you arrogant loudmouth hiny sniffing scavengers have no talent ability coaching or even integrity from year to year.  

Had the people dressed in hooker fake gold and prostitute purple had actual prowess, yes they might have had a chance to use the momentum given to them as a lucky gift in quarter one for more than some fan yapping and middle fingers by the idiot students without shirts spelling out dawggystyle.

Nothing quite like showing ones arrogant overconfidence and lack of class in the first quarter and watching your team cave in the rain to your masters. 

when the other team rushes for over 300 luck has little to do with it!

The Cougars should win, but I personally never underestimate WSU's ability to COUG IT!

On 11/9/2021 at 6:52 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Vandownbytheriverduck, I looked up the definition of Washington Husky in the elitist dictionary and it said to see your post.

Outstanding, eloquent presentation delivered with prowess. Thank you.

It is so good to be a Duck.... 

I appreciate it. The Huskies tend to get the juices flowing which got the ink flowing out of my pen.... 

Thanks Darren, someday I hope to attend an Oregon game in Seattle. IMHO no way does Jimmie Lake survive to coach the Huskies next year. He had a seriously bad week starting with creating a huge amount of animosity with the "academic prowess" comments, striking a player on the sidelines, making a truly bad 4th down decision and then being suspended for the next game. He be gone soon.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:47 AM, Annie said:

The snapper might not have done it intentionally, but he might have been so ticked off that his anger caused him to snap the ball with too much force....

Yeah, probably doing the Huskies a favor as it was just one more reason to get rid of Lake and move on to something better. 

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 9:19 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I would have gone with a kidney punch, followed by a knee drop and a kick to the back of your head. But I'm a Super Greybeard, we have to fight dirty!

So happy you lived to right this fine take.

Lake has entered: Save Your HC Butt Phase 1. Along with Dan Mullen at Florida, he is jettisoning assistants. "See. I am willing to make moves for The Team. Wait until next year after I bring in all-CFB assistant coaches.

You will not hear this: "It's not my fault! It's the fault of the guys who I hired; guys who report to me. So get off my back! Or, hand me my multi-million dollar exit fee and I'm gone."

Thanks, Jon. Lake will make a fine DC somewhere next year. I'm not sure he gets past this suspension week. 

On 11/9/2021 at 9:50 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Thanks Darren, someday I hope to attend an Oregon game in Seattle. IMHO no way does Jimmie Lake survive to coach the Huskies next year. He had a seriously bad week starting with creating a huge amount of animosity with the "academic prowess" comments, striking a player on the sidelines, making a truly bad 4th down decision and then being suspended for the next game. He be gone soon.

Yeah, I overheard some Husky fans say they just drop the dump truck full of cash on Petersen's driveway. 

On 11/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, Darren Perkins said:

Thanks, Jon. Lake will make a fine DC somewhere next year. I'm not sure he gets past this suspension week. 

I think he's good for at least 1 more season? Tough guy for a number of reasons to fire after 1 year.

Darren....that is a GREAT read, and so fun for us Oregon fans to experience through you.  As much as they like Peterson....he was 2-4 against the Ducks.  I could live with that!  And I loved your picture and caption...

image0000006.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/9/2021 at 10:05 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Darren....that is a GREAT read, and so fun for us Oregon fans to experience through you.  As much as they like Peterson....he was 2-4 against the Ducks.  I could live with that!  And I loved your picture and caption...

image0000006.jpg

They worship Peterson (as they should) because he elevated the Huskies from mediocre to above average.  I do respect him substantially as he's a former Duck and a good coach but I always thought that was his ceiling....above average as a P5 HC.  

On 11/9/2021 at 9:19 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Lake has entered: Save Your HC Butt Phase 1. Along with Dan Mullen at Florida, he is jettisoning assistants.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, 30Duck said:

Wow, that's some serious house cleaning done all at one time.

Peed on my first rubber ducky at a Husky urinal.  Now I have Peed TSD.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 10:05 AM, Charles Fischer said:

image0000006.jpg

Thanks, Charles. It was a good time. The are definitely reeling in Huskyville. 

What if there is reincarnation? Then the Huskies would look to bring back "The Dawgfather" Don James.

If JL goes, can’t imagine a better fit at Arizona?

On 11/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

What if there is reincarnation? Then the Huskies would look to bring back "The Dawgfather" Don James.

DJ, Nick Saban's and Gary Pinckel's, mentor. Today, Billy Joe Hobert could have received the $50K over the table. No NCAA trouble for James and he likely would have coached for another decade?

I really appreciate the bathroom humor. Flashbacks to games at Autzen in the early eighties as a student. Not a lot to cheer about combined with alcohol abuse. Need I say more about bathroom scenes.

As far as Jimmy is concerned, hoping he is the coach at Washington for decades to come...

• Like 1