30Duck

"Gameday" in Utah?

I'd rather have the FOX crew.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:06 AM, Jon Joseph said:

So would, 

image.jpeg.1562e4b886a0772862b3c54c62a1bd02.jpeg

However, it would be interesting to see if Lee Corso: 'I'm never picking against Oregon again,' did put the Puddles head gear on?

On 11/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, Jon Joseph said:

'I'm never picking against Oregon again

The Drama would be intense!

Might have to be a surprise inside this time!

18538_960.jpeg

I posted this earlier. How did we get so screwed on scheduling. Home easy, away extremely hard. 

On 11/9/2021 at 3:22 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I posted this earlier. How did we get so screwed on scheduling. Home easy, away extremely hard. 

And Utah for the 4th crossover game instead of playing NM State at home? SEE: Alabama.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jon I know I heard when they hired the new Commissioner that the PAC would be going to 8 conference games instead of 9 and when it would happen. Did u hear anything about that or anyone else for that matter?

On 11/9/2021 at 1:06 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Maybe will be in luck.  Sometimes FOX crew does their BIG Noon Kickoff at the same game as Game Day, of course different location on campus.

On 11/9/2021 at 3:30 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Jon I know I heard when they hired the new Commissioner that the PAC would be going to 8 conference games instead of 9 and when it would happen. Did u hear anything about that or anyone else for that matter?

On 11/9/2021 at 3:35 PM, NJDuck said:

Maybe will be in luck.  Sometimes FOX crew does their BIG Noon Kickoff at the same game as Game Day, of course different location on campus.

A conference football committee is looking at all aspects of football this season. PO-wise playing more than 8 regularly scheduled games a season is a no go. The 9th game should be played Championship weekend. No team that played 9 regularly scheduled conference games has won the Playoff. Also and it is being discussed, the smart PO move even prior to expansion would be to get rid of divisions. The two best teams regardless of division need to play in the conference champ game. 

GK simply has to score a better media deal where the games are not late night filler for ESPN. The #3 team in the country, which is where Oregon will be ranked after tonight, should not be kicking off at 10:30 on the Right Coast. THIS hurts recruiting. You can bet other conferences make a point of the lousy Pac-12 Network and the lousy KO times.

But GK is certainly not helped by the conference at large, being so bad OOC. Thus, 2 MW teams ranked and 1 Pac-12 team. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for information. Have u heard a timeline on 8 game league season? Could it start next yr?

On 11/9/2021 at 5:18 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Thanks for information. Have u heard a timeline on 8 game league season? Could it start next yr?

It could. I would usually say no change before 2023, if then. But with negotiation of a new media rights deal just around the corner, The Pac-12 powers-that-be may want to assure a 2022 champ game between the 2 best teams? Another unknown? When will The Alliance OOC games begin? The Alliance games make it imperative to go to 8 regularly scheduled games. With the Alliance game many teams will be playing 2 P5 teams OOC.

God that sounds like something that would help the PAC the most. Wish there was something us fans could do.

I can't see any PAC fanbase have any argument with that idea.

Power in numbers, right?

Edited by Duck 1972
Didn't finish accidentally posted.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:22 PM, Duck 1972 said:

In large part due to the stupid expansion rules that dictated that California schools have to play each other every single year. Idealy we wouldn't even play 9 conference games and that change is coming but for now we can't worry too much about that for this year. We were stuck playing Utah or Arizona State this year for that last game and we drew Utah. 

As California schools must play each other every year that limits the cross over games they play. Oregon got UCLA this year and then as we are in the North we got Cal and Stanford but we can't get USC because we can only draw one of the two LA schools from the south in any given year. Where we could draw both Arizona schools or the Utah-Colorado combo. 

The design was to "be nice" to the conference and ensure no one had to get beaten up by the LA schools twice in one year, unless you are Cal and Stanford. But the reality is that USC is an easy game that we never could have drawn this year with UCLA on the schedule. 

Looking forward to the year there are no divisions in the Pac-12 ... George K has said it is coming and I am looking forward to it.. along with 8 conference games. Stop this cannibalization please! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anybody have any thoughts on a campaign by us fans?

On 11/9/2021 at 5:56 PM, David Marsh said:

In large part due to the stupid expansion rules that dictated that California schools have to play each other every single year. Idealy we wouldn't even play 9 conference games and that change is coming but for now we can't worry too much about that for this year. We were stuck playing Utah or Arizona State this year for that last game and we drew Utah. 

As California schools must play each other every year that limits the cross over games they play. Oregon got UCLA this year and then as we are in the North we got Cal and Stanford but we can't get USC because we can only draw one of the two LA schools from the south in any given year. Where we could draw both Arizona schools or the Utah-Colorado combo. 

The design was to "be nice" to the conference and ensure no one had to get beaten up by the LA schools twice in one year, unless you are Cal and Stanford. But the reality is that USC is an easy game that we never could have drawn this year with UCLA on the schedule. 

Looking forward to the year there are no divisions in the Pac-12 ... George K has said it is coming and I am looking forward to it.. along with 8 conference games. Stop this cannibalization please! 

AMEN. Divisions and the Cal scheduling deal both must go. 1 permanent opponent. Ducks of course, vs OR ST. Then a complete and open rota.

I do hope that after losing divisions and going to 8 that the 9th week of the season will be Champions Week? 1 vs 2; 11 at 3, etc.

This is fun to talk about, but don't want to jinx anything - could we table any talk of Utah game until after this Saturday?   1 game at a time... 😀

• Thumbs Up 2

Michigan State is playing OSU at the Horseshoe that weekend. Columbus could be a contender.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Amen to that...

DuckFan93

Go Ducks. Beat WSU. Go 1-0....

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree 1 game at a time (Cougs). but we weren't talking about games this yr.

But scheduling like the SEC to give our league a better chance to complete against them for national prestige in 22 and beyond.

Yeah, and I remember too, how dicey this was supposed to be….and how that turned out.

“The Utes are 6.5-point favorites...”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2019-pac-12-championship-game-odds-line-utah-vs-oregon-picks-top-predictions-from-utes-expert-whos-8-1/

11/20/2021 is exactly what we want and need.

Regardless of the away game, we will not only go into Salt Lake City and kick ass,  we will sharpen our iron for what comes next.

Edited by 81DuckAlum

On 11/9/2021 at 5:19 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Michigan State is playing OSU at the Horseshoe that weekend. Columbus could be a contender.

This makes sense if the teams don’t lose this week.  It will be a big game for both teams, while Utah can only be a spoiler.

On 11/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, Jon Joseph said:

1 permanent opponent. Ducks of course, vs OR ST. Then a complete and open rota.

2 perminant opponents would still be reasonable. 

Oregon state and Washington for Oregon. Scramble the rest that is still 6 rotating games a year.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:04 PM, David Marsh said:

2 perminant opponents would still be reasonable. 

Oregon state and Washington for Oregon. Scramble the rest that is still 6 rotating games a year.

David, I would be happy with OSU only, then scramble the rest.  No reason to give the dawgs any special attention.