Charles Fischer

This is NOT GOOD for Oregon in the Playoff Discussion

It feels like we're being set up for a major....  (read below and then YOU finish the word)

REACTION: Twitter Reacts to Ducks, Head-to-Head Controversy in Latest CFP Standings by Zachary Neel of Duck Wire

Mr. FishDuck

I still think we will be in.

All we have to do is win out.

Utah being ranked 23rd will help our cause.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's still way too early to start worrying about how things will end up. The 3 or 4 games left for the top teams are critically important in the deciding process, and it's impossible to predict where we are going to be at the end of the first week in December. There is a lot of football that still needs to be played, and what are issues tonight will be non-issues by then. 

While it's important that Oregon is ranked where they are, it's completely meaningless if they lose any of their next potentially 4 games. If they win their next 4 games and are the Pac 12 Champions, it's hard to imagine them not being in the top 4 given their present number 3 spot in the rankings.

As far as I'm concerned, we are moving past the stage of choosing the top 4 teams based on, let's face it, a fairly subjective beauty contest. IMHO, the playoff field needs to increase to perhaps 8 teams that include conference champions. The FCS has figured out a good and fair championship playoff system for their league; why is it so hard for the FBS?

• Thumbs Up 3

As far as this week's rankings go, how in the world is Michigan ahead of Michigan State given that Michigan State recently beat Michigan; and how in the world is Oklahoma not rated above both of them?

1 game at a time -the rest will play out.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing that the Ducks control, in this entire process, is how well they prepare for Saturdays game. Quality preparation and focus leads to dominant execution. 

The only thing the PC controls is the confusion and contradictions it spews to get clicks and views.  What they said last week about head to head doesn't apply to Michigan and Michigan State, I guess  

It's okay to look inept against LSU, who lost to UCLA as long as you are Alabama? Be undefeated behind one loss teams, Oklahoma?

GEEEZ.......

The only silver lining in this show is that our Ducks are in the mix, in the conversation and the puppies up north are not.(Lake may be out by this time next week, hope not)

Go Ducks. Beat the Cougars. In the last 7 seasons they have been a brutal rival to beat down. But the Duck coaches and these talented players can get this victory

1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0

The rest will take care of itself.....

I love being a Duck fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

…opportunity!

Is that the word you were thinking of Charles?

At number 3, ahead of Ohio State at 4, both teams win out, and we end up at 2 & 3 sandwiched between Alabama and Georgia.

I like the idea of beating OSU three times in one season!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe MC is getting the message... we need to win bigger than one score games. 

Is that why the Ducks were trying to score one more TD as time ran out????

I think maybe so.  If so, this means that they will try to do the same from here on out. Try to win by more than a touchdown.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:39 PM, Jon Sousa said:

Maybe MC is getting the message... we need to win bigger than one score games. 

Is that why the Ducks were trying to score one more TD as time ran out????

I think maybe so.  If so, this means that they will try to do the same from here on out. Try to win by more than a touchdown.

I feel like 50% was for the CFP style points, the other 50% was to needle Lake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:43 PM, Confused said:

College football is losing its appeal.  Michigan sucks.  Always will.  Yet here they are after losing to the only decent team they played.   Total poop 💩 

I agree MSU should be ahead of Michigan.  I do however believe Michigan is better than State.  They simply choked ( sound familiar- we're way better than Stanford, but...).

I think Penn State takes out UM, so it will be moot soon enough.

The polls were designed to stroke  controversy.  Why do you think college ball is more popular than the NFL ( despite the boring play )?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think head to head should be part of the process, but it obviously can't be the whole process.  If it were, then Texas A&M should be ranked higher than Alabama.  Then Arkansas and Mississippi St. should be ranked ahead of both Texas A&M and Alabama. It would also mean Stanford should be ranked ahead of Oregon.

I also think how the game was played matters as well.  Oregon was "dominating" tOSU the whole game.  MSU I'd argue snuck out a win vs Michigan.  I'd say those are two very different wins.  B1G Ten refs also confirmed they messed up on a call late in the game, that helped MSU win.  MSU won at home, while Oregon won on the road.

I wouldn't like it, but if tOSU wins out, I have no doubt they will be ahead of Oregon in the final rankings.  They have played a much more challenging schedule than the Ducks.  Head to head should matter when everything else is equal, but their SOS is much greater than the Ducks.

Good thing we have 4 more games to go to work everything out.

• Thumbs Up 2