Charles Fischer

Thoughts about the "Kent-Crew" Announcing the Mens Basketball Game?

I thought it was amazing and cool that Ernie and Jordan Kent were the Sportscasters for the Oregon Mens Basketball Game the other night.  Jordan has really evolved into this very smooth, very likeable personality behind the mic and I always enjoy him.  Ernie started out good, but kept revolving around the tough situation that Texas Southern dealt with.  

It was as if he needed a "cause" to promote, when we have enough of that in our real-life?  Other than that I thought he made a lot of good comments.  Thoughts?

NBC SPORTS NORTHWEST FEATURES FATHER-SON DUO; “TALKIN' DUCKS” HOST JORDAN  KENT, THE FIRST THREE-SPORT LETTERMAN AT OREGON IN 60 YEARS, WELCOMES  FATHER & FORMER DUCKS HEAD COACH ERNIE KENT - NBC Sports

Mr. FishDuck

As far as I know the Kent's are the only father/son broadcast team going today, and I agree they were good. I agree  it would have been better if Ernie (Million Moves) Kent had filled time reminiscing about his playing time at Oregon instead of opining for Texas Southern

image.jpeg.d1e79370da3fc949d236327a38ffa05a.jpeg

It was cool, Jordan does well, Ernie was better as a basketball coach.  After a while in the second half he was blathering on about something and I just wanted to find the Jerry Allen feed.

There was an awkward moment when Jordan was making a transition to Ernie's track record at Oregon as a coach and he said, "the mark of a good coach is to leave the program better from where you began."  

Oops.  Uh Jordan...he was fired.  Then an image came up highlighting the Elite Eight, great players, etc.  I think Jordan would have liked that back and said something about Ernie's many accomplishments at Oregon as a player and coach.

Learning moment, and I would like to see them continue to see if it can work out.  At least Ernie wasn't bugging his colleague about whether he had traveled to some former Soviet Republic like "someone" we know...

Jordan Kent takes over play-by-play reins as Trail Blazers Broadcasting  adjusts to coronavirus and NBA bubble - oregonlive.com

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

As long as Ernie isn't stomping his foot on the floor while shouting "MOVE", I'm good with it. 👌

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2021 at 10:16 AM, ICamel said:

As long as Ernie isn't stomping his foot on the floor while shouting "MOVE", I'm good with it. 👌

Ha!  I was going to write something about that....but refrained.  Oh the memories!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/11/2021 at 10:16 AM, ICamel said:

while shouting "MOVE"

They did though.

I enjoyed the commentary by Jordan and Ernie. I am a huge fan of Jordan Kent. I was aware of him when he was a Ducks athlete, and have been watching him on Talkin' Ducks for several years, and appreciate the show as he has presented it. Now, I am up here in upper NW Washington, and since CSNW has crashed and burned, I have lost my opportunity to watch this show. (If Jordan is now working for PAC12 Net, maybe he's not there anymore?)  Anyhoo, I enjoyed the Jordan & Ernie show (I like Ernie a lot better now that he's analyzing our Beloved Ducks and not coaching them... 🙂) and hope they will pair up for many more Ducks Basketball games.

Edited by olcodgerduck

I have found my "Talkin' Ducks" fix on YouTube. While the program is broadcast at 5PM Tuesdays on CW out of Portland, I can't get it further south in the Willamette Valley. They usually post the video on YouTube sometime on Wednesday or Thursday.

Talkin' Ducks on YouTube

Edited by ICamel
  • Thanks 1

loved the “Kent and Kent” show!  

Both played for the Ducks

A Duck player and the Duck Coach he played for

Father and Son.

You can’t get that combination anywhere else!  Wonderful, and unique.  Loved it!

Ernie DID comment that he’d “like to see more movement”…..more than once…..I.e. Classic Ernie: “Move!”

And, yes….I thought that Jordan did a great announcing job!

Edited by Duckdude
  • Thumbs Up 1

I also enjoyed them, however they got a little Waltonish and got a little away from the game at times, a hell of a lot better than Walton

On 11/12/2021 at 2:06 PM, mrspenney said:

a hell of a lot better than Walton

Richard Deitsch: Bill Walton on suicide, his return; John Hollinger's new  job - Sports Illustrated

"Did someone say my name, and did you know that 237,000 years ago names weren't even used, and that the elevation of the Andes is,,,and this is the Conference of Champions!

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

The Kent's were great but nobody beats Walton in my book.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, C J said:

The Kent's were great but nobody beats Walton in my book.

YES!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2021 at 10:04 AM, ICamel said:

I have found my "Talkin' Ducks" fix on YouTube. While the program is broadcast at 5PM Tuesdays on CW out of Portland, I can't get it further south in the Willamette Valley. They usually post the video on YouTube sometime on Wednesday or Thursday.

Talkin' Ducks on YouTube

Thanks ICamel, I'm not a big youtube guy, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up!