Jon Joseph

PLAYOFF (PO) COMMITTEE (CT) WEEK 3 GAMES WITH A PO PUNCH!

I sure hope those Michigan State Troopers can find the CT members who are confused and lost in the great state of Michigan? Get ready for the Michigan schools to flip again in the Week 3 PO CT rankings? Sparty at Maryland has a far easier row to hoe than does 'big brother' at Penn State.

1. UGA -20 at NR TN - 3:30 CBS

Georgia should win in Knoxville. But VOLS QB Herndon Hooker, who Portal-ed in from Va Tech, is the 4th ranked passer in the nation. This is likely the best O the terrific UGA D will have faced this season. Josh Heupel in year 1 is doing a heck of a job at TN.

4 OHIO STATE -20 vs #19 PURDUE - 3:30 ABC

How Giant of a Giant-Killer can Giant-Killer Purdue be, 2 years prior to 2023? How the Bell will the Boilermaker's O look against an OH ST D that has had issues in 2021? The Purdue D shut down then #2 Iowa on the road and last week put up 497 yards of O on then #3 MI ST.  This could be verrrry interesting? I expect a shoot out and not a Buckeyes blow out.

6 MICHIGAN -1 at NR PENN STATE - Noon ABC

PSU with a win against 17 Auburn among others, could easily be and probably should be ranked by the CT? I think PSU knocks off Michigan in Happy Valley? The B1G E has started beating itself up and it will continue to do so through November.

8 OKLAHOMA -5.5 at 13 BAYLOR - Noon FOX

In 2021, Dave Aranda's Bears are 5-0 in Waco. Including Ws vs BYU, Iowa State and Texas. Baylor and its fans will be inspired to see Oklahoma, traitor Oklahoma, handed its 1st loss. If I bet this game I would take Baylor +5.5. If OK wins, then there is no way an undefeated Sooners team should be ranked behind undefeated AAC team, Cincinnati.

9 NOTRE DAME -5.5 at NR VIRGINIA - 7:30 NBC

If UVA QB Brennan Armstrong is healthy the Irish will be fortunate to escape this visit to Mr. Jefferson's University with the W. This game is big not only for the Irish to stay in the PO hunt, but also in respect to Cincinnati's SOS. Another Irish loss will not help the Bearcats in the least. BTW, with all of the CFB HC job openings, I'm somewhat surprised not to hear Beavers grad, Bronco Mendenhall's, name mentioned? If Chip is let go I think Mendenhall would be a great hire for UCLA? IMO he would also be a big improvement at UW?

11. TEXAS A+M -2.5 at 15 OLE MISS - 7 ESPN 

If I was to tell you that one of these teams leads the nation with 34 sacks in 2021, which team would you think that would be? I was fooled too, thinking that it had to be A+M? But it is Ole Miss who leads the league in QB sacks. I do not believe that A+M has the fire power to stay with the prolific Ole Miss O in Oxford? More of a sweat SEC W wise for Bama if A+M with the tiebreaker over Bama, if both have 2Ls, wins this game. The Tide own the tiebreaker vs Ole Miss.

3 OREGON (Give It UP!) -13.5 vs NR WASHINGTON STATE - 10:30 ESPN

Amazingly, this game could be for the Pac-12 N title? WSU is no push over. No team has blown out WA ST this season and WSU easily could have defeated BYU and has defeated Oregon State. 

That this game does not kick off until 10:30 eastern time frankly SUCKS! This is another game the 'experts' back east take for granted as a Ducks W, which is simply wrong. These 2 teams have a history of playing close games. 10 OK ST wins at NR TCU Saturday and it will be a well respected win. Ducks win this game by less than a blow out and it could be a reason, assuming OH ST defeats Purdue handily, for the CT to move the Bucks over the Ducks?

It's kind of a no win game for the Ducks, which no one east of Idaho will be watching. But a win by the Ducks and a win by Utah at Arizona will set up a top 25 matchup in Salt Lake City. And hopefully a friendlier KO time?

GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Jon, at least there will be a lot of important games to watch as we wait until the Ducks & Cougs . I agree that Mendenhall is a good candidate for either UCLA or UW.

A dream scenario before Oregon tees it up?

Cincinnati takes a loss at USF Friday night. Doubtful. But more likely? Cincy struggles to cover against a bad USF team?

Notre Dame at UVA and Oklahoma at Baylor both take Ls. THIS could happen. Michigan suffers a loss at Penn State. Ohio State blows out Purdue. 

It would be a shock if it didn't happen but Utah needs to win convincingly at AZ. 

And SOS wise, it would be nice if the Beavers defeat ASU in Corvallis.

Other than that Santa, I want nothing except of course, a W against WSU.

On 11/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, Jon Joseph said:

And SOS wise, it would be nice if the Beavers defeat ASU in Corvallis.

Unfortunately, ASU is in Seattle, Stanford is in Corvallis, who rebounds from their lost weekend, the Beaver or the Tree?

On 11/11/2021 at 4:07 PM, 30Duck said:

Unfortunately, ASU is in Seattle, Stanford is in Corvallis, who rebounds from their lost weekend, the Beaver or the Tree?

Thank you! I was just about to correct this error. Stanford comparative scores should be interesting? OR ST should truck Stanford.