Charles Fischer

CBS Sports Upset Alert: Guess Who is On It?

At least Ohio State and Oklahoma are on that list too!

College Football Picks, Games, Odds for Week 11: Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon on Upset Alert by Shehan Jeyarajah of CBS Sports

WSU Defense_KC.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks for sharing this Charles.  

It’s hard to predict college football game scores, much less outcomes.  Based on their track record, the authors are no better than flipping a coin.

So here goes, heads the Ducks win, tails the Ducks lose.  Heads!

Now for the spread.  Tails!  WSU keeps it within two scores.

I can live with it.

This is the team that gets no respect. I have to admit that I am mildly surprised to see them at 8 -1.  I am sure that we are a good candidate for an upset alert for the rest of the season. 

This team is resilient. With the youth, and injuries that have occurred requiring the coaches to fill positions with walk on players, I have to give them a lot of credit.

Keepit going Ducks…Prove all the naysayers wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

We will be on the upset list, until the pundits are sure we will lose, and then what will happen Mr. Corso?

Unknown-3.jpeg

Jon J said it best, " no one east of Idaho gives the Cougs any respect ".

They have won 4 Pac12 games in a row, they almost beat BYU. This is no gimme. If I were to bet real $$, I'd take the points. WSU has played us very well last several years. Two scores is too big of a spread.

Definitely an upset alert to be ready for.

Also, ESPN can't wait for us to lose. They want the Pac12 and its "alliance " to be irrelevant. 

• Thumbs Up 3

OK and OH ST are on 'upset alert' because both play ranked teams.

Oregon is on upset alert because it plays in 1 score games and rarely blows out lesser opponents, like it did CU. For the most part the experts at The Athletic and ESPN among others, predict OR over WSU. I have not seen any of the better known prediction 'machines' predict a 50% or better chance that OR runs the table and makes the final 4. 

The biggest boost to the Ducks PO chances came Tuesday night when Utah was ranked 24. I expect Utah to easily win at AZ and many the team ranked 15 to 23 have a good chance of losing this weekend. Now, we need OR ST to destroy Stanford and maybe move into the top 25?

A loss by OK would materially benefit the Ducks. 

I don't care what talking heads with East Coast bias have to say. I saw an earlier post which suggested the Pac, Big10 and ACC telling the SEC we are starting our own league playoffs, go play with yourself. I love that idea.

WSU always plays us tough.maube we constantly overlook them, I don't know, however I thought we played our second best game of the year last Saturday and maybe that's a sign we're on a roll for the rest of the season, I hope so.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2021 at 1:49 PM, Duck 1972 said:

go play with yourself. I love that idea.

I cannot help but laugh, although I imagine the Huskies would wish Oregon would!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lsd07xf0isgwxydh31

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

"Upset Alert" they show up every week because upsets do happen every week throughout the top 25, the Top 10 has losses, and most of them are to teams they "shouldn't have lost to. Based on recruiting, talent, facilities, Fresno State shouldn't have been able to stay on the field against Oregon, or beat UCLA, who beat LSU. 

Alabama really should never lose, but they slipped up against Texas A & M. Georgia probably won't lose, they are that dominant on defense, based on what they have and what Michigan State has, no way Purdue should have beaten State last week, and tomorrow they play Ohio State.

Every week $$$ are won and lost betting on these crazy games.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I don't care what talking heads with East Coast bias have to say. I saw an earlier post which suggested the Pac, Big10 and ACC telling the SEC we are starting our own league playoffs, go play with yourself. I love that idea.

YES! The Run For The Roses including Notre Dame. 3 Alliance conference champs and 5 AL from the 3 conferences and ND. But ND has to join the ACC as a football member or play 13 games.

$ sans B12/SEC, not as much. But plenty of bidders for the media rights and the season concludes on 1/1 in the Rose Bowl as it should be. Why should 3 academically oriented conferences + ND give a whip about not not playing post-season against a conference(s) where athletic trumps academics? CFB was better when it was regional game and before the ESPN CFB media cartel. Make it happen again. 

Get out of the CFB arms race that inevitably leads to more $ for the SEC. And the B1G. But so far since the OK/TX move to the SEC, the B1G, although it has the $ to play in the SEC sandbox, seems to be  taking a CFB higher road?

THIs is fascinating. THIS is a chance for principle to overcome the almighty quest for the dollar. Make football fun again. Stop competing against an 'if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' conference. And the newly constituted B12, not a team in the mix that has won a modern day title.

THIS is a far more reasonable end game than adding 1 P5 OOC game and continuing to allow the SEC/ESPN to call the shots.

From the inception of the BCS you SEC, have built the better CFB mouse trap. The dumb mice have been trapped. It's time for the smart mice to say so long to your cheese.

On 11/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, 30Duck said:

"Upset Alert" they show up every week because upsets do happen every week throughout the top 25, the Top 10 has losses, and most of them are to teams they "shouldn't have lost to. Based on recruiting, talent, facilities, Fresno State shouldn't have been able to stay on the field against Oregon, or beat UCLA, who beat LSU. 

Alabama really should never lose, but they slipped up against Texas A & M. Georgia probably won't lose, they are that dominant on defense, based on what they have and what Michigan State has, no way Purdue should have beaten State last week, and tomorrow they play Ohio State.

Every week $$$ are won and lost betting on these crazy games.

1 upset that could have helped? UNC not losing in OT at Pitt.

USF, 60 yard INT return, score on the next play. Lead Cincy, 7-0, 7:04 left in the 1st quarter.

On 11/12/2021 at 6:20 PM, Jon Joseph said:

1 upset that could have helped? UNC not losing in OT at Pitt.

I know and feel the pain. A high snap when UNC is ready to win the game? Tough season for the Mack attack.