jgeiger

Anthony Brown...

The Ducks should make the playoff if they continue to win...a topic of discussion...what former college qb that took his team to the CFP or BCS title game does Anthony Brown remind you of the most?

In 2006, Troy Smith took Ohio State to the championship game, where they lost to Florida. For the season he completed 65.3 % of his passes, 195.5 yards per game, and he won the Heisman Trophy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Darren Thomas, if the Auburn debacle qualifies as a CFP by your standards.  I was there.  Two calls by officials that could have gone our way really hurt.  DAT was called OB on a first quarter reception, killing a drive at about the 25 yd line.  Replays showed he got a foot down.  Then the Auburn RB was ruled not down when he was tackled on top of a Duck player.  He did not keep running when he regained his footing.  Duck defenders who could have hit stopped.  Whistle should have blown, but did not.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/13/2021 at 6:23 PM, Grandpa Duck said:

Darren Thomas

i have been thinking this all season. unfortunately, #1 was better. BUT i think the supporting cast around #13 is waaaaaaaaay better. remember when an injury to a single OL ruined a season?

On 11/13/2021 at 6:23 PM, Grandpa Duck said:

the Auburn RB was ruled not down when he was tackled on top of a Duck player

DYER was DOWN!!!

On 11/13/2021 at 6:50 PM, DR Hilarius said:

DYER was DOWN!!!

• Haha 1

Jeremiah!  GREAT to see you here, do jump in often.  I really do not have a comparison among QBs, although if Reggie Ogburn was placed in our offense now--he would also be a superb runner and perhaps questionable at passing as Brown is beyond 20 yards?

Greybeard-age OBD members...what do you think of that from what you remember of Ogburn?

Reggie Ogburn_Video.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I loved Reggie Ogburn, he reminds me more of Vernon Adams than he does of AB, His game up in Washington is a Duck-Huskie game for the ages.

Reggie Ogburn was a great dual-threat quarterback...until it started to rain.