Tandaian

Baylor vs Oklahoma game ending

Did anybody else have a bad feeling how the game ended?  I hope the Big 12 levy a huge fine on Baylor and some sort of punishment on HC Dave Aranda.  Calling two time outs was extremely poor sportsmanship and quite frankly dangerous.  I'm not sure how the refs did not throw a flag for delay of game when the fans rushed the field with time still on the clock.  On the other hand, I'm sure Aranda was letting Oklahoma know how he felt with them leaving the Big 12 and going to the SEC.

Coach said it was part of their conference tie breaker for the standings. Win greater than 10 points? 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/15/2021 at 11:37 AM, shawnski said:

Coach said it was part of their conference tie breaker for the standings. Win greater than 10 points? 

EXACTLY. If Riley didn't like the FG attempt he and AD Castilogne could have worked to change the rules in the off season.

Recall that OK said, " you aren't good enough for us B12."

Do you think anyone in the conference gives a whip about what OK and UT think? If you think the scene in Waco was wild, just wait for the Bedlam Game when OK trips to OK ST.

OK and UT stabbed Bob Bowlsby and the B12 in the back. Why?  So they could make more $. I don't blame these 2, but if they didn't think there would be blow back they are not up to Jimmy Lakes' 'academically prowess' standards.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/15/2021 at 8:59 AM, Confused said:

I wish they would have thrown a TD pass instead of field goal.  That would have been epic! 

I have a really hard time sympathizing with models of good sportsmanship Lincoln Riley and Oklahoma who put Western Carolina on their schedule earlier this season and then happily slaughtered them 76 - 0. Even Alabama had the decency last week to keep their score vs New Mexico under 60 points. What's the old saying? Oh yeah... Karma is a bitch. 

I'm sure the SEC is licking their chops.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't blame him for going for the points, they should have been flagged for 15 though because of the fans on the field...

• Thumbs Up 2

No bad feeling for me.  Baylor's coach knew his conference's tie breaker rule and knew the extra three points could be important.

As for the crowd on the field, I don't think I've ever seen delay of game called when the crowd prematurely rushes the field.  It happens, there a bunch of excited college kids.

I think Riley said he didn't mind them going for FG but that his team was already in the lockerroom.  That's why I do believe there should have been a flag.