Charles Fischer

Interesting on MANY LEVELS: Oregon Pursuing A Transfer Safety?

That is not a lot of confidence at the position when you are looking for a Band-Aid, IMHO....

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon is also looking at a transfer runningback I saw yesterday. I think they are diving into the transfer portal trying to grab anyone they see as the best potential players to help the team. Though if they are shopping safeties then they want a safety net.

I love puns, especially on this forum!

giphy.gif

A TOUGH DUCK!

Mr. FishDuck

It looks like the defense played 8 DBs regularly in 2020 and at least 2 in Pickett and Lenoir won't be back.

I'd imagine the shopping would be to have somebody to compete in the Pickett spot? I've read CB is an area that is getting a portal look as well, just so far not a bunch of options/fits.

There are a few options on roster, but are either young, have been hurt, or just haven't played much. A portal player might very well be a much more experienced option, just new.

Charles,

That guy had quite the Honker too.  Just Sayn.

8 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

A TOUGH DUCK!

Just lucky, it was a Duck and not a dog.  Ouch.  lol

The requirement for the need of so many DB maybe changing, as we have recently learned that Coach Avalos is moving on to coach Boise State.  The impact with the student athletes, has not been felt yet.  Who may be affected by this loss, anyone know?

10 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

A TOUGH DUCK!

Is that guy a Husky?????

Thank you for this information...I have been scrolling the transfer portal and was unable to find if Oregon was pursuing anyone.....was hoping Mario and staff would be looking more for the big nasties on the D-line.

Possible that Happle uses his additional free year to return to Boise with AA as he seems - at best - set up for part time play in Eugene.

Would not be surprised to see Bridges looking at the transfer portal for playing time as well. I was disappointed that he never got a snap in 2020 which seemed to be a coaches decision.

6 hours ago, hydrophobic said:

Possible that Happle uses his additional free year to return to Boise with AA as he seems - at best - set up for part time play in Eugene.

Would not be surprised to see Bridges looking at the transfer portal for playing time as well. I was disappointed that he never got a snap in 2020 which seemed to be a coaches decision.

Happle has already said he is planning on staying at Oregon. He is enrolled in a master's program and he has always wanted to play for Oregon. 

I think he is a pretty smart kid and knows there isn't a realistic possibility of going pro whether he stays at Oregon or would theoretically go back to BSU. 

He'll get play time at Oregon next year. Doubt he is a starter but he can see the field as a reserve player. Might get himself another conference championship ring and might see another NY6 game or playoff game.