30Duck

BYU and Oregon Basketball Tonight: it's Brother against Brother

No. 12 Oregon looks to move to 3-0 against the BYU Cougars in the PKI  at the Moda Center.

Johnson & Johnson: Brothers Face Off in BYU- Oregon Game  Daily Herald Darnell Dickson

image.jpeg.0e34579057c1d17684e1fe5db0ba443c.jpeg                    image.jpeg.bd1b862d159683e8d225a30001d38b10.jpeg                       

Neat. This is a big game. Go DUCKS!

7:00 PM PST, ESPN!

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/16/2021 at 9:58 AM, Charles Fischer said:

7:00 PM PST, ESPN!

Hope they allow cell phone cameras for baseline replays.

• Haha 1

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but this guy could be doing the announcing.

UCLA Legend Bill Walton Apologizes “On Behalf of the Human Race” For  Bruins' Alleged Shoplifting - Bruins Nation

Interesting that in the Houston-- Virginia game being played before the Oregon-BYU game, Hoston & Virginia are both coached by former WSU coaches, Kelvin Sampson & Tony Bennett. Also, Houston and Oregon could match up in the Maui Classic, being played in Las Vegas this year, Nov. 23-24.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yikes! 6 points in 8 minutes here in the first half. Can you say laying an egg??

• Thumbs Up 1

Richardson is playing like garbage to start

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks are not rebounding well and missing their lay ups.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, laying an egg was an understatement. This is straight up sh!*ing the bed here tonight.

11 points with 5:51 left in the first half....wha..wha...what??? 4-22 from the field.

BYU is playing bully ball out here on this new Oregon team. They are being taken to the wood shed.

Sure hope this isn't a foreshadowing of what the state of Utah is going to do to the Ducks all this week.

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 1

Altman should have called timeout sooner to stop the bleeding and disrupt BYU's rhythm.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, DuckIt said:

Altman should have called timeout sooner to stop the bleeding and disrupt BYU's rhythm.

Yeah, I feel like he has a habit of letting the bleeding go for too long.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/16/2021 at 5:44 PM, C J said:

Yeah, I feel like he has a habit of letting the bleeding go for too long.

Yup, he coaches with the play not to lose mentality.  He saves them all for the end, thinking comeback.  By then, it's too late.  If you watch Coach Kerr from GSW, he doesn't like something after one  basket, he burns a timeout early to address it right away.

That was really bad, it was the first time the Ducks had been behind this season, then it was 6-6, then BYU goes 31-12. 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:49 PM, DuckIt said:

If you watch Coach Kerr from GSW, he doesn't like something after one  basket, he burns a timeout early to address it right away

If Altman put this in practice tonight then we would of had zero timeouts within the first 5 mintues. However he finished the first half with 3 out of 4 timeouts still in the bank so he definitely blew it not calling a bunch of early timeouts to break the runs that BYU made.

Well this team is getting a big lesson here tonight. Hopefully it will come back to pay dividends later in the season. 

I really wish Altman would use his big guys. I feel like having 2 or even 3 big guys on the court tonight would be good to physically dominate BYU. So far BYU has been the physically dominant team by a long ways.

The 2nd half has to be better, right?

My word. Jacob Young = no bueno.

He looked pretty good before so hopefully it's just one of those days. If I am not mistaking I believe I have watched him miss 4 or maybe 5 layups tonight.

Edited by C J

On 11/16/2021 at 8:10 PM, 30Duck said:

The 2nd half has to be better, right?

Doesn't look like it

Edited by ICamel

Okay, how many points does Oregon score tonight?

Okay, now I am starting to think this is a great game for Oregon.

Here is my thinking. They needed this to ensure they don't sleep walk later in the season. Altman will continually refer back to the first half of this game. This is a major learning experience. 

Look at how much more intense they are now. They are attacking the basket and diving after loose balls. Now they are physically dominating BYU, which they should when you compare the teams athlete by athlete. The Ducks seem like they walked in looked at the BYU team and were like "yeah, this should be no problem".

A blessing in disguise getting blown out by 20+ to BYU tonight.

poor box out, poor rebounding

• Thumbs Up 1

Harmon and Young do not make a Figueroa and a Omoruyi is what I am thinking after this game. Got to go to the big guys Altman.

I'm not sure Altman will learn his lesson.  He will still wait till the Ducks are in hole, before calling a timeout.

This is right down there with the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl when BYU beat Oregon 38-8.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I am not sure I have seen a beat down of an Altman team like that in his entire time coaching here at Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1