Duck1984

Mycah is Making Videos

Not sure this is going to help him.

It looks like Mycah has a lot of free time on his hands.

• Haha 1

If anyone thinks social media is good for these young athletes then all I can say is hawgwash.

• Like 1

I felt it was a good show of what kind of man he is. I bet he makes it to the pros. I remember this is the 1st year he's played every game. He is limited with a running QB and a running team. He's been a hell of a blocker. My nephew played semi pro baseball and I saw almost every draft they would sign family members if there any of their fathers or brothers had made it to the 'Show'.

Pretty expressive video.  Does an artful job of getting his point across.  Hey, how would you feel if you were him?  When he was recruited, he was sold that Justin Herbert would be throwing passes to him.  What WR wouldn’t go for that?  Plus the 4 and 5 star recruits of new QBs.  Who knew that AB doesn’t have downfield accuracy, or can’t  go through all his progressions?  Redd, like Mycah, hasn’t been targeted, either.

But…….you’re on a championship team, and can still have a major contribution.  It’s all about next year, anyway for you, Mycah……..and, how many situations look better than at UO with Ty Thompson slinging it?  Hang in there, Mycah!  We need you!

Edited by Duckdude
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 11/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, Just Ducky said:

If anyone thinks social media is good for these young athletes then all I can say is hawgwash.

Statistically Social media isn't good for anyone... suicides have been linked to social media use, something like 30% of all divorce proceedings in the us currently reference FB, major depression has grown 52% in adolescence from the release of the first Iphone, the likelihood of psychological distress grew 71% in young adults in the same timeframe Internet addiction in all americans has doubled in that timeframe too.

Social Media is horrible for people and it is compounded by being on us(cellphones) all the time. 

With that said, I feel bad for our Wideouts. I mean they just aren't getting used and that has got to stink, Pittman came in very talented and at one point i thought he was our best receiver but from that point leave with dignity and not a silly twitch video, you will get respect from the fans and the coaches on new teams. 

On 11/16/2021 at 1:48 PM, Duckdude said:

Pretty expressive video.  Does an artful job of getting his point across.  Hey, how would you feel if you were him?  When he was recruited, he was sold that Justin Herbert would be throwing passes to him.  What WR wouldn’t go for that?  Plus the 4 and 5 star recruits of new QBs.  Who knew that AB doesn’t have downfield accuracy, or can’t  go through all his progressions?  Redd, like Mycah, hasn’t been targeted, either.

But…….you’re on a championship team, and can still have a major contribution.  It’s all about next year, anyway for you, Mycah……..and, how many situations look better than at UO with Ty Thompson slinging it?  Hang in there, Mycah!  We need you!

Agree 100%. He shows us that on the field. If he was a problem, he wouldn't be playing.

It would be a shame to see him leave. This year has not been good in terms of the passing game. However, the Spring game we are expecting to see a passing explosion start to emerge and next year there will be a whole lot of angry fans if we don't see a passing game emerge... but that shouldn't be the case with the Qbs waiting in the wings. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It looks like the "Disrespected" Tweet last Sunday was the tip of the iceberg. Lots of chatter by folks who know Mycah that trouble has been brewing for a while now, and he isn't the only WR who is considering his options. What with ill timed injuries in his previous seasons and AB's inability to incorporate the downfield passing game into his repertoire (with what seems to be the coaches' blessings), Mycah had a hard row to hoe here. I really liked his skill set and I hate to see him go.

257747387_10101020665820087_2927143473288218228_n.jpg

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mycah Pittman leaving is NOT good news. Too bad these guys can't stick it out until next year when passing will again be featured in our offense. The fact is, we need quality WRs to win the games we have left.

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 2

Doing this during the season?  During the stretch run for the Playoffs?  You can't wait two months?

What a great way to kill the team unity....it's all about ME!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/16/2021 at 3:18 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Doing this during the season?  During the stretch run for the Playoffs?  You can't wait two months?

What a great way to kill the team unity....it's all about ME!

I hear you loud and clear. This is the kind of HUGE distraction Oregon doesn't need right now. There must be one whale of a personality conflict going on between Pittman and the coaching staff for him to post the audio he did on his Tik Tok highlight video, and to decide that bouncing is his best option at this point in the season given that I think he's used up his eligibility for this season.

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 1

i don't blame him for being frustrated and wanting to go to a school that's more pass happy.  Kinda lame if he enters now but perhaps he feels he'll have more options in schools before early signing day.  I also wonder if an addition to NFL prospects he's thinking about NIL $$... probably easier to come by when you're pulling down 100 yards a game vs 20.

Seems selfish in the context of playing for a 9-1 team with years of college eligibility remaining.

However, when Pittman signed in 2019, he was probably was not expecting Redd and Johnson to still be on the team as super seniors this year.  Would obviously be more touches for him (and the other WRs) if those guys were not on the two-deep.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/16/2021 at 3:56 PM, Duckman said:

Seems selfish in the context of playing for a 9-1 team with years of college eligibility remaining.

However, when Pittman signed in 2019, he was probably was not expecting Redd and Johnson to still be on the team as super seniors this year.  Would obviously be more touches for him (and the other WRs) if those guys were not on the two-deep.

The extra year of eligibility for players due to Covid has to cause headaches for coaches.  Lots of players piled up creating a log jams at positions such as WR for the Ducks.  Add in the relaxed transfer rules and you have this.  

Have to admit that in my view there was a nice rhythm to four years of eligibility to use in five years of school.

Easy solution, Mario, and Joe: give him a coupla targets, or end around sweeps.  Work on it in practice.  Help your players feel they’re part of the team.

And, Mycah…..even if your not targeted, your helping the team toward victory——a defensive back has to cover you, and not our targeted receiver.  And, if Utah watches film and sees your not targeted receiver no. 1……..maybe you’ll be more open, and thus more targeted next game.   Hang in there, Mycah!  I sympathize with ur frustration.  Tell Joe, your receivers Coach, and Mario……not us.   The Ducks want you.  Stick with us!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, Duckdude said:

Easy solution, Mario, and Joe: give him a coupla targets, or end around sweeps.  Work on it in practice.  Help your players feel they’re part of the team.

And, Mycah…..even if your not targeted, your helping the team toward victory——a defensive back has to cover you, and not our targeted receiver.  And, if Utah watches film and sees your not targeted receiver no. 1……..maybe you’ll be more open, and thus more targeted next game.   Hang in there, Mycah!  I sympathize with ur frustration.  Tell Joe, your receivers Coach, and Mario……not us.   The Ducks want you.  Stick with us!

I am sure they are having some interesting conversations right now with several of these questions... 

1. Does Pittman even want to stay with the team? If so show it, take the social media stuff down. 

2. Should the coaches work with Pittman to get him some touches and get him into space to make plays? Yes, he has had some decent returns in the punt return game but the problem there is he hasn't had much room to get the ball and run with it so signaling fair catch is his only option. 

3. Does Pittman need to practice with Brown more to get in rythem and build that relationship? Maybe... that is for them to talk about. Brown certainly has a relationship with Devon Williams and it is showing on the field. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ducks don't "need" him. If he stays, great. If he leaves, next MAN up.

BTW, the tweet from Saturday night was from Michael. A lot of people think it was from Mycah.

If you want respect, earn it. Anthony Brown has mine now. MEcah Pittman, not so much.

These social media posts are vague. I agree with Charles, they are a huge distraction.

Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

This tells me he’s already gone. He’ll probably be enrolled at USC by next week.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:34 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

He’ll probably be enrolled at USC by next week.

USC does have an excellent Film School

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to wonder if he even sees the field Saturday. This is truly selfish behavior.

• Thumbs Up 1

It appears he is gone. Remember he is young and finding his way in the world.

• Like 3

The problem, big problem I have with this is it effects the team he is a part of. If you are part of a team you make sure you have a positive impact, or you will be looked upon as a negative influence, anywhere you end up.

The main big problem is he put himself before the team. This has happened more than once and it is becoming a trend. In my opinion he either leaves, or he is suspended. 

You don't allow individuals to put themselves before team, especially a veteran player.

Remember what Cristobal did when a freshman player selfishly put himself ahead of the team. I think Cristobal is putting an end to this soon, I know I would.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would guess that this does not endear him to his teammates, who have all been working their butts off the achieve a 9-1 season, and a top-5 ranking. They probably don't hate him for it - at this level, business is business - but I doubt there's a lot of sympathy being handed out.

And, it sets a bad example of how to deal with issues. I can see why he may not be totally happy with his role, but there are more straightforward ways to hash out a problem than by posting on social media.

If I were Mario I would simply ask him if he wants to leave, and if he says yes, give him a handshake and a goodbye. And a couple of words to the effect of, "You should have talked to me first, like a grown-up would".

Edited by jrw

I do regard this as part of Mario's education, his growth as a coach.  What is the solution to keeping everyone happy?

Have a high scoring balanced offense!

Don't get me wrong--I love 300 yards rushing, but another 250 passing could work too.

Dillon Mitchell_Harry Caston.jpg

I just got some good news: I WILL have a photographer on the field at Utah, and it is the same who shot for us in 2018 and took this superb photo.

(Utah has been....stingy with credentials in the past)

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Hmmmm......I bet Kris Hutson is feeling better about his potential to get more opportunities. 

This was predictable, as many of us predicted that the wide receiver group is going to get antsy with the type of offensive scheme we have been seeing. Obviously we weren't the only ones who are frustrated. 

It was just a matter of time. I expect to see much more of this once the season ends. My biggest concern is we lose Donte Thornton, who looks to me to be a poor man's DK Metcalf and could even turn into the full fledged thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mycah deleted the post and put up this one, passionate guy who seems to be trying to redirect a destructive trait.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/16/2021 at 6:52 PM, C J said:

Hmmmm......I bet Kris Hutson is feeling better about his potential to get more opportunities. 

This was predictable, as many of us predicted that the wide receiver group is going to get antsy with the type of offensive scheme we have been seeing. Obviously we weren't the only ones who are frustrated. 

It was just a matter of time. I expect to see much more of this once the season ends. My biggest concern is we lose Donte Thornton, who looks to me to be a poor man's DK Metcalf and could even turn into the full fledged thing.

This is the fear….that even more wide receivers flee once the season is over. You know they have to be frustrated.

Can you blame them?

These are top level highly recruited receivers, and most have been reduced to spectators. Cristobal’s biggest recruiting challenge lies ahead….holding on to the elite level talent he has already successfully wooed to Eugene.

The fact that Oregon is continuing to win without a vertical passing game is no salve for those sitting on the sidelines waiting to get their chance to shine.

These guys have been stars their whole lives and are all wondering what to do next. Stick around in hopes of playing more next season in a more diversified offense, or hit the road. I think there will be some dramatic movement, Pittman for sure, but others as well.

• Like 1

The question too is what is Cristobal going to do with this disgruntled player. The guy needs to get back in tune with the attitude the team needs. I imagine this is an ongoing private conversation between Mario and Mycah.

It would be interesting to be in on that discussion to see how Mario handles this type of action by a player. So far Mario is handling the player mentality pretty well, so we will have to, respectfully sit back and watch.

From what I heard and read from my dependable sources "in the know", I expected to wake up this morning and see definitive news regarding Pittman's departure. My sources are hardly ever wrong about what they report from the view into their crystal balls. However, all I'm seeing and hearing this morning are crickets.

Maybe the coaching staff talked some sense into him. It certainly would be CRAZY leaving now given where the team is and the fact that he has used up his eligibility for the season. Also, if Oregon keeps winning, their games will be national showpieces and everything changes should, heaven forbid, AB gets injured.

The only thing Pittman accomplishes by leaving at this late date is to put an exclamation point on how frustrated he is with the coaching staff and his specific situation on the team. My hope is that he mans up and tries to do what he can to contribute to the success of this team for the remainder of the season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest KingT

Pittman has been a good player. The fact is he hasn't been targeted adequately. There's no easy answer here. On the one hand, the timing is very bad and shows him to be narcissistic and selfish -- simply because you literally have 3-4 weeks left in the season. I think therefore there's more to this story - perhaps the relationship with the WR coach, just guessing? On the other hand, having seen no targets in the last game and very few all season, save Punt returns, it's hard to blame him.

He is a legit playmaker and needs to get the ball 3-5x a game, in my view. But clearly AB doesn't have the skills to feed this receiver group adequately and the frustration has been too much to take. A shame because there are two passers behind AB and Pittman would've benefitted greatly with two years remaining. He also leaves behind his girlfriend who will also probably transfer from the bball team. Total bummer, awful timing.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:18 AM, KingT said:

He is a legit playmaker

I don't agree with this.  He does not have breakaway speed, nor the length; he has great separation skills and is a dependable (usually) receiver for third down.  He is not as great as he thinks, IMHO.

And KingT...welcome to the forum!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/17/2021 at 10:18 AM, KingT said:

He also leaves behind his girlfriend who will also probably transfer from the bball team. Total bummer, awful timing.

Will she? I would definitely not consider that a done deal if Pittman looks at leaving. She has her own aspirations that may not coincide with his and what is the likelihood of them both being able to transfer to the same school and both have scholarships? 

If anything she may keep Pittman at Oregon. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, latracey said:

From what I heard and read from my dependable sources "in the know", I expected to wake up this morning and see definitive news regarding Pittman's departure. My sources are hardly ever wrong about what they report from the view into their crystal balls. However, all I'm seeing and hearing this morning are crickets.

Maybe the coaching staff talked some sense into him. It certainly would be CRAZY leaving now given where the team is and the fact that he has used up his eligibility for the season. Also, if Oregon keeps winning, their games will be national showpieces and everything changes should, heaven forbid, AB gets injured.

The only thing Pittman accomplishes by leaving at this late date is to put an exclamation point on how frustrated he is with the coaching staff and his specific situation on the team. My hope is that he mans up and tries to do what he can to contribute to the success of this team for the remainder of the season. 

He needs to learn how to create texts, twitters, videos and whatever else these kids do and sit on them for a day and see if they still seem like a great idea. I get the frustration, we all get frustrated. I don't get the selfish impulse to express that frustration at the expense of his team and teammates. That is a huge no bueno!

• Like 1

It’s official 

he is gone 

really disappointed that he couldn’t stick it out for 6 more weeks

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 12:44 PM, Southwest Duck said:

It’s official 

he is gone 

really disappointed that he couldn’t stick it out for 6 more weeks

I hope he learns from this experience, it might take time, but I hope he can grow from the experience. Good luck, next man up!

On that note Mykael Wright looked amazing as our kick returner, and it looks like Seven will step in as our punt returner. Hopefully Donte will get some more touches as a receiver, but not sure will be taking the snaps from Mycah?

Sadly I wonder what program will take a chance on Mycah? The kid has been a distraction to a program which counted on him and is extremely successful. I think he has put a huge red flag next to his name, it will be interesting to see. Once again, best of luck, and onward!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think there will be plenty of teams after Pittman. And I’m sure he will do his due diligence before deciding where to go.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just dumfounded. All those top-ranked receivers on ONE team. Yet, very few passes. It's almost as if the coaching staff didn't bother to show AB how to throw a football during practice. Blows my mind. And thus the flood to the transfer portal is just beginning, as I had expected.

• Thumbs Up 1

If he didn’t want to be here after being supported through two serious injuries, was he a good fit?

This may be a good thing for the program for recruits to know that nothing is guaranteed, and everything is earned on a championship caliber team.  

Alabama recruits accept this.

Edited by Duck1984

If you look at the slew of posts he had this morning they are all about his brother.and how he is making it in the NFL. 

There is probably a TON of pressure coming from his brother and his dad to get out of Oregon and go somewhere that he can catch enough balls to make the jump to the NFL. 

He probably wanted to make the jump at the end of the year because he is draft eligible. That isn't going to happen... He also has two years of eligibility which he will probably need both to make a resume to get to the NFL. 

It is difficult for someone to see their brother succeed and know they aren't there yet or maybe ever. The pressure for Pittman is there between his brother and his dad and he wants to go to the NFL like them and succeed. 

Is Oregon going to give him that chance? Not this year... Next year maybe? Will transfering give him a better chance? Maybe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2021 at 8:14 PM, David Marsh said:

If you look at the slew of posts he had this morning they are all about his brother.and how he is making it in the NFL. 

There is probably a TON of pressure coming from his brother and his dad to get out of Oregon and go somewhere that he can catch enough balls to make the jump to the NFL. 

He probably wanted to make the jump at the end of the year because he is draft eligible. That isn't going to happen... He also has two years of eligibility which he will probably need both to make a resume to get to the NFL. 

It is difficult for someone to see their brother succeed and know they aren't there yet or maybe ever. The pressure for Pittman is there between his brother and his dad and he wants to go to the NFL like them and succeed. 

Is Oregon going to give him that chance? Not this year... Next year maybe? Will transfering give him a better chance? Maybe. 

His brother is 6"4" 225, Mycah is 5'11" 200.  Big difference for pros.  Dad, years ago 6' 225.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/17/2021 at 8:25 PM, Steven A said:

His brother is 6"4" 225, Mycah is 5'11" 200.  Big difference for pros.  Dad, years ago 6' 225.

That is certainly not helping him... But the pressure is still there I am sure. He has the perigee and he doesn't want to be left out of the family tradition. 

On 11/17/2021 at 10:44 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I don't agree with this.  He does not have breakaway speed, nor the length; he has great separation skills and is a dependable (usually) receiver for third down.  He is not as great as he thinks, IMHO.

And KingT...welcome to the forum!

You are right Charles….he does not have breakaway speed.

But nor does the Rams’ Cooper Kupp, the Eastern Washington product who is now the NFL’s leading receiver (who was Vernon Adams’ favorite target before Adams transferred to Oregon) Nor did so many others. Julian Edelman was a quarterback at Kent State before be became Tom Brady’s favorite target, despite not being able to outrun some of his offensive linemen. Anybody remember Steve Largent? Fred Biletnikoff? You don’t need breakaway speed to become an elite receiver. What you need is someone to throw you the ball.

The Ducks have already lost two highly recruited  receivers  - and Oregon pledges - in the 2022 recruiting class. Don’t you think Oregon’s dismal passing attack played some role in their decision? Especially the kid from Arkansas, who is a promising track athlete. What? Oregon’s track program is not good enough for him? That was a football decision…don’t kid yourself.

These elite players are viewing their college careers as little more than a stepping stone to the NFL. If they feel they are not getting the exposure they need, they are going to try to find it elsewhere.

That’s what Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow did. All three were Heisman Trophy winners who transferred from their previous schools and eventually became multi-millionaires.

This is the new reality in college football.

• Thumbs Up 1