Charles Fischer

Josh Pate: Oregon is a BETTER Job for Cristobal than Miami

This is a very good listen for only two minutes, and he is very compelling...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Can’t argue with logic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Charles. Small private university that is cash strapped. Home field miles away from the stadium + modest fan interest at best. Plays in a basketball conference. Does the administration truly give a whip about athletics?

He begins to highlight what I have been saying for a while. The job of being a head coach at Oregon has so many perks and pluses other programs don't have, it is hard to quantify them all. 

The short version is Mario is more successful because he is at Oregon. Slick was more successful because he was at Oregon. Chip was more successful because he was at Oregon. Look at all their records before, during and after they came if you question this.  The next coach will be more successful because he came to Oregon. 

A coach goes to sc, or up north, it won't be the case, the majority of the time. This is why you see the carrousel of coaches at each of those programs and will continue to see this. 

You can say it is the money and there is some truth to that as Oklahoma State has shown too. The difference is the sports program dynamic which has been laid down at Oregon. Coaches and student athletes are supported like few places. The families of elite athletes see this and it is creating a virtuous cycle, not the vicious cycle most programs are in. 

Great subject which could be explored much more extensively, but few if any can duplicate it.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

MC is on the verge of something great. He and his staff have laid the foundation for the next 3 years.  Glad someone has a level of common sense.

What a great time to pull up stakes and go fix a dumpster fire at Miami. Just like us at times the Miami fan base is delusional.......along with a few unqualified beat writers. ( Me too, sometimes)

Some fans may not like MC. That's a personal choice. But he is not a quitter. Don't you feel he is built to finish what he starts?

• Like 1

Be sure to listen to Pate's breakdown of the Utah game at 43:30.  You'll like what you hear.

I think people may underestimate that Mario Cristobal was hired as an assistant which begs a couple of questions about his want to stay. 

Does MC sense the relative value of and unexpected opportunity to Coach the Ducks that was thrust on him and does it mean anything? Does it give him some extra loyalty to see it through. Nobody is questioning his work ethic. 

I don’t think it’s lost on him what he has in terms of assists and the built in advantages they provide.

Oregon was likely a stepping stone for MC if taggert was more than a bait n switch sleaze. Would MC have been offered an equal or greater HC position? Maybe. Maybe more cash and unrealistic SleazEC money. 

Does his family like Eugene and do they want to keep living there? Packing up young kids and dragging them where? Cant expect to see MC want less for his kids than the program recruits. 

I believe Mario Cristobal is intent on building a National Championship at Oregon. I Don’t expect him to jump ship prior unless the program regresses. 

if he wins the natty and the big money comes? Who knows but I could see MC as being a long time coach at Oregon. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Charles, excellent job of getting that message across!

• Thanks 1

You know what absolutely baffles me right now about the whole thing about miami, is the amount of people saying he wants to be back at Miami. Following Mario's firing from FIU Mario was hired on at Miami, he stayed a whole 6 weeks before jumping to Bama. Can anyone honestly tell me that a single thing has changed in miami since 2013? I'll wait.

• Like 1