30Duck

Why did Mycah Pittman Leave Now?

On 11/20/2021 at 12:14 PM, DR Hilarius said:

agreed. you just don’t air your dirty laundry on twitter like that. MC had no choice but to discipline MP. 

Agree Cristobal showed great grace until it became clear Pittman wasn't able to turn his attitude around.  When you show you can't put team in front of yourself, then the door has to be opened for the player to leave.

I do think this takes a bit more discussion because it isn't just a player who wasn't getting playing time, chances on the field, or an offseason move. This was a player whose attitude out weighted his positive football skills. 

This one lines up like Colt, or Blount, a player who steps over the line, and although they have great skill, can't be part of the team as it stood.

I'm sometimes surprised it doesn't happen more often, kudos to Cristobal for keeping the team together as well as he has.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, Haywarduck said:

I'm sometimes surprised it doesn't happen more often, kudos to Cristobal for keeping the team together as well as he has

100%! i actually think helfrich might not have been fired if he had had control of all the off field issues. seems like players were getting arrested weekly in his last year. lylerla is a sad story, and he prob would have had a better chance under MC. 

the fact that there have been so few negative off field headlines for MC is testament to his recruiting and his leadership. it’s actually one of the things i like most about MC. 

Given that Pittman had already burned this year of eligibility, I am now thinking that the "Disrespected" quote had something to do with the disciplinary action taken by Cristobal and company after the Washington game that was related to that face mask penalty. 

Maybe he got his ass majorly chewed, or maybe he had to sit out a bit during the WSU game. Oregon's pass game is such that I find myself not even paying attention to which receivers are in the game at this point.

David Marsh is correct in pointing out that he has been called for other penalties earlier in the season. Bottom line, he was definitely frustrated with the coaching staff and felt it was time to leave. It's too bad because I feel like he would have had some chances in the games left to showcase what he brings to the table.

I'm still hearing rumors that JJ3's injury makes it unlikely he will return this season. I hate losing the services of both Pittman and JJ3 this season, but... next man up !!

On 11/20/2021 at 2:54 PM, latracey said:

I'm still hearing rumors that JJ3's injury makes it unlikely he will return this season. I hate losing the services of both Pittman and JJ3 this season, but... next man up !!

Time for the next great Troy to emerge at Oregon? Troy Dye was pretty good... Now is it time we see Troy Franklin? 

• Thumbs Up 1