Charles Fischer

A New Transfer-OUT: Linebacker MJ Cunningham

Completely understandable with the inside linebackers of quality in the room and joining the Ducks shortly.  I wish him well!

Mr. FishDuck

I wish him the best... as he hasn't broken out of the depth chart this year, I don't see it happening at all with so much talent at linebacker.

It also opens up scholarships for Oregon which is kinda important.

Nothing wrong with wanting playing time. 

Work Out Dog GIF by The Daily Signal

With the portal opening up for one free transfer, it's got to be a little difficult to keep things straight. 

For every one that transfers out you have room to transfer one in?????

How about giving a walk-on kicker a scholarship? 

3 hours ago, Jon Sousa said:

With the portal opening up for one free transfer, it's got to be a little difficult to keep things straight. 

For every one that transfers out you have room to transfer one in?????

How about giving a walk-on kicker a scholarship? 

I'm sure that giving walk-ons scholarships are planned for to a degree. Ryan Walk got a Scholarship this last year... Granted I feel walk-on scholarships tend to be something the coaches do that is nice for the players that have earned it if there are open scholarships out there. Oregon's scholarship limit is pretty tight right now so I think it will all depend on how many open scholarships they have by the time the season rolls around.

The transfer portal has really taken away walk-on's possibilities as when there is a bit of surplus in scholarships most teams are opting to go portal shopping rather than handing out scholarships to those on the team.

I'm not saying that it is right... just that it is...