Charles Fischer

"Oregon Has Found its Identity" Do you AGREE?

Are we "Dyed" in this mold, or can the downfield passing game still happen?

Oregon Football has Found its Identity Heading into Final 2021 Road Test by Adam Holland of Autzen Zoo

To Dye for the Forum_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Good article.

I expect the passing game to remain as it has as long as the running game is successful.  And if the running game falters, Coach C is stubborn and will expect the Ducks to run harder.

Edited by Duck1984

Oregon does have an identity now, they are actually reminiscent of Vince Lombardi's great Green Bay Packers teams. Bart Starr did not pass a lot, and he definitely didn't run like AB did, but Taylor and Hornung ran so well, that the offense was unstoppable.

The Packers also always had a dominating defense.

• Thumbs Up 2

I expect a renewed passing game against UT like the UCLA and CO games. 

Obviously the Ducks are a run heavy team but I also think there has been a drastic change in the offense prior to the UCLA game and now... we went from vanilla to baskin robins 31 flavors, it's like they looked at the playbook and discovered there was more to it than the cover page. 

A downfield passing game is still possible... or more downfield anyways. But why go away from a run game that is working and seems unstoppable? 

Also... we wont see a truly robust passing game as long as Brown is Quarterback. He just isn't that kind of quarterback. 

• Thumbs Up 1

MC has did exactly what he said he was going to do. Dominate both sides of the ball in the trenches.

If how we have been running the ball, controling the game and dominating the 2nd half continues like it should, I believe this gives us the best chance to win.