Charles Fischer

A Different View: "Duck Feathers are Ripe to be Plucked"

Now, this guy is biased, but so are we.  What to make of his analysis?

Here is Why Utes Will Sink the No. 3 Ranked Ducks by Dick Harmon of Deseret News

Utah Utes offensive linemen Bamidele Olaseni and Nick Ford lead the team walk out of smoke

Mr. FishDuck

Deseret News. Picking the Utes to win? I'm shocked.

Harmon doesn't know the Ducks and the Oregon season to date. Which is fair, I haven't watched every Utah game. 

However... anyone who knows about the Oregon-Stanford game knows Oregon was without Moorhead, the final call of regulation was incredibly dubious from a reffing perspective and the Stanford team that Oregon played was VASTLY different than the team that Utah played. Stanford is down to their 4th string QB now, or close to it, and for a team that is light on scholarship players as it is they are deep in their reserves right now. 

Utah's rush defense isn't as good as it has been in the past. So can Utah bottle up an Oregon offense that is stopping teams that are rushing the entire front 7 and still finding success? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, their view is slightly obscured.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Per the article, "Yet, Utah is favored by three points by folks who make a living predicting that kind of stuff."

NO, that is the bookmakers trying to get even money on both sides!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh that's unfair.   What's the PC thing one can do to a Ute?  🙂  We are just sitting ducks, unfortunately, for this type of disparaging headline...

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2021 at 2:57 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Oh that's unfair.   What's the PC thing one can do to a Ute?  🙂  We are just sitting ducks, unfortunately, for this type of disparaging headline...

Utah? More like P-Ute ... they aren't that good... 

Ok.. that was SUPER LAME (even for my standards)... but yeah you're right not much you can do with Utah and the Utes. 

• Haha 2

I'm still laughing