FishDuck Article

Utah GameDay Thread: Is Pursuing the Playoffs a Crock?

Horrible game

but we will rebound 

we will beat Oregon st next week 

get revenge against Utah in the title game

and beat Michigan in the rose bowl 

Hoping for a huge torch being lit under butts, adjustments, and 2nd half resilience. 

Will have to be epic. 

If that doesn't happen. Bench AB the rest of the year and get the backup QBs reps for next year.

• Like 1

Have to run out the clock. That is the 3rd or 4th time the Ducks have messed around just before half. Cost them huge this time.

On 11/20/2021 at 4:17 PM, DuckHeart said:

Bad schemes on both side.  Moorhead probably won’t be getting a HC shot after this. Good?

He's lucky if he has a job.

We now know who the best coach east of the Mississippi is.

On 11/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, nw777b said:

Hoping for a huge torch being lit under butts, adjustments, and 2nd half resilience. 

Will have to be epic. 

If that doesn't happen. Bench AB the rest of the year and get the backup QBs reps for next year.

Maybe this is the opportunity the coaches will take to get TT some time... we need it to be prepped for Georgia next year.

Good side is that with all of this youth getting experience it will help next season... let's make sure TT is one of them getting experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can talk all you want about the schemes but Utah is playing on fire and the Ducks are barely even there. 

Like others have said maybe the injuries have got the better of us?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Bye Bye playoffs

Bye bye PAC north. 

Ouch !! 

On 11/20/2021 at 6:28 PM, DurangoJim said:

Bye bye PAC north. 

Oregon can still win the Pac North if they can beat the Beavers next week. 

The Ducks look like crap. Edit - they look like MSU.

Edited by nw777b
  • Haha 1

Raise your hand if you saw this coming = 🤚

The fact is we have been playing on borrowed time and it was only a matter of time till we got blown off the field. 

Turns out it was tonight.

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

Maybe this is the opportunity the coaches will take to get TT some time... we need it to be prepped for Georgia next year.

Good side is that with all of this youth getting experience it will help next season... let's make sure TT is one of them getting experience.

Absolutely no reason to not okay Ty. Browns style, even if firing on all cylinders can it score fast enough to make a come back work. MC is too stubborn to do it, so accept a 49-0 score and get on the bus. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/20/2021 at 6:30 PM, C J said:

Raise your hand if you saw this coming = 🤚

🤚 

I dont mean to be down on AB but what QB have we played against that is worse than him?

On 11/20/2021 at 7:29 PM, latracey said:

Oregon can still win the Pac North if they can beat the Beavers next week. 

Okay, I’m all in but the way we are playing tonight, the Beavs take us to task. I don’t want it, but the Ducks look like Stonybrook tonight. Oh, wait, I take that back - we look worse than Stonybrook. 

I didnt see a blowout but I thought it would be close.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:32 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I dont mean to be down on AB but what QB have we played against that is worse than him?

………

Next question. 

On 11/20/2021 at 6:31 PM, DurangoJim said:

Absolutely no reason to not okay Ty. Browns style, even if firing on all cylinders can it score fast enough to make a come back work. MC is too stubborn to do it, so accept a 49-0 score and get on the bus. 

There is no way that we can score enough points fast enough without being able to pass it more than 4 yards with any certainty... and as we saw on that dump off pass 4 yards only has a minor degree of certainty of completion with AB passing it.

At least TT can sling it down the field, even if he's not polished yet, and give us a shot.

NOT…..a “November to remember”…..for Football,…….or B-ball.

On 11/20/2021 at 6:32 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Stony Brook's QB?

I didnt see this coming--Utah is a middle of the road team but playing on the road is tough. I figured we would have our hands full.

On 11/20/2021 at 6:30 PM, nw777b said:

The Ducks look like crap. Edit - they look like MSU.

Yes indeed. Now I know what it feels like to be an MSU fan today. The good news, for Oregon at least, is that no one offered Cristobal a 95 million dollar deal.

If you thought you had a lucky hat, or shirt, or some other pre game ritual. They don't work. 

I am going to change my prediction. 

IF we make it to the Pac 12 championship game and I think it's a big IF considering I expect the Beavers to win next week.....but if we do then I no longer think we will be able to beat this Utah team like I predicted in the game prediction thread earlier.

They are simply a better team than the Ducks at this point in the season. Better QB, better running backs, better defense, better special teams.

Edited by C J

What coach allows their punter to kick straight away to one of the best returners in the country  with 4 seconds left?  I forgot, ours does.

Edited by 47sgs
  • Thumbs Up 1

How did Cristobal not see the need to bench AB during halftime? 

• Thumbs Up 1

As went BYU vs. the Ducks mens BBall team on Tuesday night........so go the Utes tonight versus the football team. 

Just running the University of Oregon off the court and field this week. 

• Thumbs Up 1

TD weee!!

Where is Tom Osborn when we need him?  Special teams aren't too special!

Spotting the other team 4 tds isn't a good game plan.  Even when the offense runs well it's not a fast high scoring one, plus the defense is having all kinds of issues stopping Utah.  I'm not expecting an optimistic outcome at this point...

• Like 1

Note to MC. Whittingham probably won't slow the play down. 

On 11/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, DuckIt said:

This is the only the first half, but it feels more like THE END.

,🤣🤣🤣

I have to laugh at that.  We will survive this.  After all, most of us expected this performance a few games ago.

This team is fair weathered.  They don't have killer instinct, they don't put teams in their place.  They WAIT until goods things to happen instead of making things happen. 

There isn't a single team in this conference good enough to beat the Ducks.  The only team good enough to beat  the Ducks are the Ducks.  

The defense is showing a stunning inability to make a stop on 3rd down.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can the Ducks put this loss behind them and rally to beat the Beavers?

On 11/20/2021 at 6:59 PM, kirklandduck said:

The defense is showing a stunning inability to make a stop on 3rd down.

Because they still are at a numerical disadvantage.  They are out manned on  the first level.  That fact allows the offensive  lineman to block and shed to the second level while double teaming the most effective defensive lineman.  

This is nothing more than what David Shaw did to the very best defensive front Oregon ever had.  That is how you out muscle the more talented team.

I don’t have enough fingers to point a finger at what’s wrong with the Ducks tonite. My chin is on my chest.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, latracey said:

Can the Ducks put this loss behind them and rally to beat the Beavers?

One can only wonder

I wonder if we will do any better against them in the PAC 12 championship game?

our defense simply cannot stop them.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, Mike West said:

Because they still are at a numerical disadvantage.  They are out manned on  the first level.  That fact allows the offensive  lineman to block and shed to the second level while double teaming the most effective defensive lineman.  

This is nothing more than what David Shaw did to the very best defensive front Oregon ever had.  That is how you out muscle the more talented team.

You'd think DeRyeuter would have learned by now.  Why doesn't he bring the LBs closer in during those situations?  

Non targeting call. So obvious and not even reviewed.  

On 11/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

AB?!

The receivers are starting to show their frustration with him, I can't say I blame them.  He tossed an easy one to Devon Williams' feet on one play then threw it behind Troy Franklin almost immediately after.  AB really needs to take a breath and get it together.

• Thumbs Up 1

He is who we thought he was.

Utah is showing much more physicality. 

On 11/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, kirklandduck said:

The receivers are starting to show their frustration with him, I can't say I blame them.  He tossed an easy one to Devon Williams' feet on one play then threw it behind Troy Franklin almost immediately after.  AB really needs to take a breath and get it together.

Why is MC running out the clock between plays? We need to get all of the plays off that we can... they just let the 3rd quarter run out.

Who runs out the clock down 28?

And yeah, the receivers are clearly frustrated. That's likely why we lost 2 WR commits and MP.

We’ll get ‘em next game!

On 11/20/2021 at 7:13 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

Why is MC running out the clock between plays? We need to get all of the plays off that we can... they just let the 3rd quarter run out.

Who runs out the clock down 28?

And yeah, the receivers are clearly frustrated. That's likely why we lost 2 WR commits and MP.

It also goes both ways though, the WRs need to catch the good passes.  Spencer Webb should have had that.

• Thumbs Up 1