Charles Fischer

POISE, OBD Members--Keep Your Cool

Look I know it sucks, but frankly when you are writing the most negative stuff in Duck-dom....nobody likes to read it.  Negative discussion about coaching and player performance is what we do, but we do not get personal toward our team. Think about the labels you are attaching....  This IS a different site because of all of you, and we need to maintain our decorum while asserting our displeasure.

Sometimes you get stuck and can't get going...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

In reality, we have been over rated since the win in the shoe.  Not that we are happy about this, but Most of us felt this was a 9-3 team back in August.

still, it makes us feel like…image.gif.a347ebf19258c85dfceca708580672f1.gif

Edited by PittDuck
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Win, or lose, I love our team. Some games you just can't seem to get a break. Ducks need to learn from this and rally to beat Oregon State.

• Thumbs Up 2

Please let me know Mr FishDuck if I got personal towards our team at all in the GameDay Thread. I don't think I did but I'm slightly torqued right now by the team so I just want to double check.

You pull a goalie or a pitcher when they aren't playing well. Why not give another QB a chance? 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

WaterPolo...I am not checking through 150 posts, but this was a reminder to everyone is all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/20/2021 at 7:33 PM, Quackanadian said:

You pull a goalie or a pitcher when they aren't playing well. Why not give another QB a chance? 

I haven't been watching for a bit but just pulled up the gamecast on espn and it's baffling Brown is still in... what's the point?  they're not winning tonight and he's gone after this year... lets get some game time for the younger guys

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 10:38 PM, deschutesduck said:

I haven't been watching for a bit but just pulled up the gamecast on espn and it's baffling Brown is still in... what's the point?  they're not winning tonight and he's gone after this year... lets get some game time for the younger guys

Sadly, this may be the first time I am quite happy that someone is graduating and moving on so another can play.... 😐

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:33 PM, Charles Fischer said:

WaterPolo...I am not checking through 150 posts, but this was a reminder to everyone is all.

Fair enough. My apologies. I didn't think about that. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Says it all.

5uymln.jpg

• Haha 2

It was inevitable.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2021 at 8:40 PM, Quackanadian said:

Sadly, this may be the first time I am quite happy that someone is graduating and moving on so another can play.... 😐

I am completely baffled by coaching tonight. I can accept getting outplayed and a loss, but I cannot fathom playing your short-term QB when he is obviously not in rhythm and is struggling. What possible positive outcome comes out of this?  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:33 PM, Quackanadian said:

It's really too late in the season to do that. Oregon hooked its hopes and dreams on Anthony Brown and they aren't going to mess with the formula that got them 9 wins. Oregon still has A LOT to play for. The Rose Bowl is a big, big deal.

A lot of players were injured before this game started. I was surprised Redd was out. I knew JJ3 would be. Sadly, several important players, suffered injuries in this game. 

The Ducks need to regroup and get it together to beat the Beavers. That is going to be a tough game. The Beavs  beat Utah and now are going to be coming into this game in Autzen ready to prove something.

If Oregon plays its cards right, it may just get a rematch with Utah in 2 weeks. I still think that if the Ducks get a few breaks and play their game, Oregon can most definitely beat Utah in a neutral stadium. Wouldn't that be sweeeeeeeeet?

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 1

One of the worse loses ever given all the circumstances—which we all know.  Oh well.  Life goes on 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/20/2021 at 9:11 PM, latracey said:

It's really too late in the season to do that. Oregon hooked its hopes and dreams on Anthony Brown and they aren't going to mess with the formula that got them 9 wins. Oregon still has A LOT to play for. The Rose Bowl is a big, big deal.

A lot of players were injured before this game started. I was surprised Redd was out. I knew JJ3 would be. Sadly, several important players, suffered injuries in this game. 

The Ducks need to regroup and get it together to beat the Beavers. That is going to be a tough game. The Beavs  beat Utah and now are going to be coming into this game in Autzen ready to prove something.

If Oregon plays its cards right, it may just get a rematch with Utah in 2 weeks. I still think that if the Ducks get a few breaks and play their game, Oregon can most definitely beat Utah in a neutral stadium. Wouldn't that be sweeeeeeeeet?

Last week I would have agreed. This week, I’m not so sure we get to play Utah again. I’ll hope otherwise but we looked completely and totally underwhelming tonight. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2021 at 8:11 PM, latracey said:

You certainly can and should have pulled him tonight. Start him next game? OK, I can see your point there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest KingT

Still a lot of achievement to play for folks. Need to win next week and take North, then you get another shot at Utah, then you get a good Bowl -- lots of good stuff to play for yet. As for the game, I think Utah showed a much higher care factor and intensity. More specifically, our poor 3rd down conversion rate, penalties (at terrible times), special teams, and of course, our inability to stop the run, were all key elements to the loss. But, it's been good season, lots to be thankful and grateful for. I don't think anyone quit, I just think we got out played and outworked tonight.

On 11/20/2021 at 9:37 PM, KingT said:

Still a lot of achievement to play for folks. Need to win next week and take North, then you get another shot at Utah, then you get a good Bowl -- lots of good stuff to play for yet. As for the game, I think Utah showed a much higher care factor and intensity. More specifically, our poor 3rd down conversion rate, penalties (at terrible times), special teams, and of course, our inability to stop the run, were all key elements to the loss. But, it's been good season, lots to be thankful and grateful for. I don't think anyone quit, I just think we got out played and outworked tonight.

Okay. Participation trophies for everyone. NOT. I’ve been as big a fan for just about as long as anyone here, and I still will be. But let’s be honest, the Ducks looked like warm turd on both sides of the ball, like they should have not been on the field. Total embarrassment. They will need to regroup to beat OSU. Or this might just be the worst late season melt down yet. 

On 11/20/2021 at 9:19 PM, DurangoJim said:

Okay. Participation trophies for everyone. NOT. I’ve been as big a fan for just about as long as anyone here, and I still will be. But let’s be honest, the Ducks looked like warm turd on both sides of the ball, like they should have not been on the field. Total embarrassment. They will need to regroup to beat OSU. Or this might just be the worst late season melt down yet. 

Trying to win the Pac12 championship and get into a NY6 bowl isn't just a participation trophy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 12:22 AM, kirklandduck said:

Trying to win the Pac12 championship and get into a NY6 bowl isn't just a participation trophy. 

No, but it is $4M and not $10M for the Pac-12. The Rose Bowl this year is an exhibition game against a B1G team not good enough to win its conference. Recruits want to play in the Rose Bowl only when the RB is a semi-final site.

Mario's road record in a far from difficult conference is not good. In its last 8 games as a road dog the Ducks have failed to cover 7 times. Ohio State of all teams, is the outlier.

Tonight? The entire team from the coaches on down no showed.

Ducks started the week with the loss of a passionate player, lost a senior leader to injury mid week, suffered passionless play and coaching, plus another serious injury to a key player during the game.  

The injuries hurt, but the lack of passion indicates the hurt is more than skin deep.

Will this team get over the hurt?  Or will this team become who Vegas thought they would be, a 9 win team?

On 11/20/2021 at 11:19 PM, Jon Joseph said:

No, but it is $4M and not $10M for the Pac-12. The Rose Bowl this year is an exhibition game against a B1G team not good enough to win its conference. Recruits want to play in the Rose Bowl only when the RB is a semi-final site.

Mario's road record in a far from difficult conference is not good. In its last 8 games as a road dog the Ducks have failed to cover 7 times. Ohio State of all teams, is the outlier.

Tonight? The entire team from the coaches on down no showed.

Still not chump change. Plus how many of us were thinking Oregon would be in the CFP this season? I personally had predicted a Rose Bowl as the ceiling for the team and that was back before losing so many players to injury. As for AB, we all knew what he was after a couple games.

The fact that they're 9-2 at this point with all the adversity they've faced this season counts as a success in my book. 

The frustrating part is we all know this team is loaded with athletes and the coaching staff has a difficult time utilizing their talents. This team seems like they sleepwalk thru the first qtr of every game and this time it cost them any chance to win. Very depressing for sure.

Hopefully we can rebound and beat the beavers next week. 

However after what I saw last night my confidence level is very low.

Guest KingT

Obviously the team just got whipped tonight, including coaches. Special teams failed yet again, badly -- quite possibly lost the game right there. I'd be looking to make a change the day after season there because you can never let your Special Teams beat you and they have been an issue all year -- looks like a coaching fail to me. But let's not forget folks -- Ducks are down starting LBs (using a Freshman S there), down starting S (Williams), down starting CB, the starting S has a club on his hand.

Down starting RB, lost starting slot (Pittman), down starting WR (JJ) and best blocking WR on team, down starting TE (DJ), down starting slot (Redd). So that's at least 8 starters out -- let's be reminded that the team has fought significant injuries all year and it finally caught up to them. Not excusing the many problems that exist with poor blocking and tackling, but we need to be mindful of those legitimate issues.