Cockroach

MC Over-Valued

MC never will have higher ranking for the Ducks, Our only Hope is their another UNLV out there you will rescue us. The transfer portal will be many leaving the team. Who would want to be a receiver with the ducks?  Hire Mike Leach

I'll pass on the Pirate, thank you.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Big time pass on the Pirate for me too. He didn't exactly rule the Pac when he was here. Now, if Jonathan would all of a sudden think he would look better in green and yellow than Halloween colors, that would be great. 

This is where my head just spins. Last week fans are almost worried we won't be able to compete with MSU's crazy salary for their messiah. This week Cristobal is the problem, again.

Cristobal and all his weaknesses is our coach, end of story. He is progressing, worthy of criticism, but we don't need to go directly to 'get somebody else,' not going to happen.

I get the angst, but this is a longterm project, and we have front row seats. If we need to step away, let's do that, but I, for one, don't want to see more discussion on replacing Cristobal. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, Haywarduck said:

This is where my head just spins. Last week fans are almost worried we won't be able to compete with MSU's crazy salary for their messiah. This week Cristobal is the problem, again.

We have to blame someone for it!

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The long, long honeymoon is finally over. The coach snores.

• Haha 1

Here's what I read in USA Today.........seems pretty right on:

"Oregon: Any fan of the Ducks that didn’t see this coming had been living in a deep state of denial over the past month. Week after week, it seemed like they were playing with fire against lesser opponents. Heck, they weren’t even favored to beat Utah despite being ranked No. 3 by the College Football Playoff committee. Still, when you get knocked out of the College Football Playoff race with as much force as the Utes delivered in a 38-7 wipeout, it leaves a deep bruise on the season, on the coach and on the program.

Oregon’s win over Ohio State in Week 2 — the game that seemed to announce the Ducks as true contenders this season — feels like an awful long time ago. Instead, this season has settled into the same pattern that the Ducks have had pretty much every season under Mario Cristobal. They’ll win games, they’ll contend for the Pac-12 title and they’ll con the media into overhyping them as a Playoff team. But at some point in the season, they’ll shoot themselves in the foot and lose a game they’re not supposed to lose, putting all that good work at risk. Still, they’ll have a shot at the Playoff until they get completely exposed by a pretty good team and we don’t have to think about them anymore. "

• Thumbs Up 7

On 11/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, Haywarduck said:

Cristobal and all his weaknesses is our coach, end of story. He is progressing, worthy of criticism, but we don't need to go directly to 'get somebody else,' not going to happen.

I get the angst, but this is a longterm project, and we have front row seats. If we need to step away, let's do that, but I, for one, don't want to see more discussion on replacing Cristobal. 

Progressing? What difference did you see in last night's No Show vs the 2019 No Show at ASU? In 2019 and last night, I saw 2 Ducks teams totally unprepared to compete and defeat inferior foes.

What have you seen in 2021 that convinces you that under Mario the team will not play down to the level of the competition?

Mario is not the CEO to have in charge of a long term project. Mario is the same head coach he was at FIU. He will win a conference title in a bad conference but that is the man's ceiling.

The faith I had in Mario as a Playoff coach diminished with an L to a Stanford team that OR's 2nd team should beat. Last night, the light went out.

He is a terrific recruiter who cannot translate the roster talent to the field. He is a totally risk-adverse coach who is happy to plod to 1 score wins versus lesser opponents. 

He was a perfect fit as the OL coach and nation's best recruiter as an assistant coach at Bama. He is in over his head as a head coach.

Under a very good person, Mario, the results on the field will be SSDD.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 12:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I'll pass on the Pirate, thank you.

Agreed. But I'd take Kiffin in a heart beat. But why would he come?

• Thumbs Up 2

Cam missed 2 FG's last night. Going into that game he was 10-10. Something was amiss in more ways than can be seen as to why the Ducks

stunk. Cam missing had nothing to do with coaching. AB stunk like he does every once in a while. O line got face punched on the 1st play

and never recovered. D was always playing catchup. The whole Duck effort stunk from the top to the bottom. Yeah the players that play hard

still played hard like Sewel and Thibs but they seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time half of the game. Fact is the Ducks got

out coached and out muscled by UT. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think MC would make a fine O line coach.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, Duckdude said:

Here's what I read in USA Today.........seems pretty right on:

"Oregon: Any fan of the Ducks that didn’t see this coming had been living in a deep state of denial over the past month. Week after week, it seemed like they were playing with fire against lesser opponents. Heck, they weren’t even favored to beat Utah despite being ranked No. 3 by the College Football Playoff committee. Still, when you get knocked out of the College Football Playoff race with as much force as the Utes delivered in a 38-7 wipeout, it leaves a deep bruise on the season, on the coach and on the program.

Oregon’s win over Ohio State in Week 2 — the game that seemed to announce the Ducks as true contenders this season — feels like an awful long time ago. Instead, this season has settled into the same pattern that the Ducks have had pretty much every season under Mario Cristobal. They’ll win games, they’ll contend for the Pac-12 title and they’ll con the media into overhyping them as a Playoff team. But at some point in the season, they’ll shoot themselves in the foot and lose a game they’re not supposed to lose, putting all that good work at risk. Still, they’ll have a shot at the Playoff until they get completely exposed by a pretty good team and we don’t have to think about them anymore. "

I think most of us loyal Duck fans knew something like last night’s debacle was bound to happen. Oregon continued to skate by each week, struggling to beat mediocre teams, and in no way resembled a team that deserved to be in the playoff mix. They were living off the win against Ohio State, which as the season progressed looked more and more like the fluke that it turned out to be.

From all appearances Anthony Brown appears to be a classy guy. But as a quarterback he is really a liability. When the Ducks fell behind early last night I anticipated trouble. When it was 21-0 it looked bleak, and when Utah closed the half with the punt return it was clearly over. No chance to come back unless you can throw the ball….and the Ducks can’t do that. And they couldn’t run the ball, either. 

There are questions about Cristobal’s coaching, too. Sure, he’s a great recruiter, but what is he doing with all that talent? Is he developing it? It seems like he’s turning 4-star players into 3-stars, many of whom rarely see meaningful playing time. When players are disgruntled, it spreads and effects morale.

Ty Thompson is a 5-star recruit and he has barely played. How does that prepare him to take over if Brown gets injured? And how can he be ready to open next season at Georgia with virtually no playing experience? That is on Cristobal.

We’ll find out what this team is “made of” Saturday against Oregon State. Win that one and the Ducks will get a chance for redemption against Utah.

The Rose Bowl is still a possibility…..

• Thumbs Up 4

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the pressure that must be felt and managed by a team that is ranked highly. The pressure to manage injuries, attitudes, and emotions in order to get a team's best effort week in and week out is truly unimaginable to most of us. And with each win, the pressure increases.

On top of that, you are doing your job with millions of people watching and second guessing your every move; and nothing you do is good enough for everybody. It's a rare breed that is cut out for coaching, and I marvel at the abilities of the truly great head coaches. Winning is hard. Winning at least 10 games is almost impossible.

Is MC overvalued? He has his strengths and his flaws, like all of us. Take away the lost CFP opportunity, and 9 - 2 is a season most coaches and fans would find very satisfying, and it triggered the U of O to sweeten his contract. How many other coaches have coached their teams to conference championships? Beating Ohio State is something no other team in the nation may do this year, and it certainly wasn't a fluke.

The problem with doing away with MC is who do you get to replace him at a time with so many juicy options? Successful coaches are coaches that fit into the dynamics of the culture of a university and its community. Chris Peterson fit Boise State, Jonathan Smith fits Oregon State, and Chip Kelly fit Oregon. Willy Taggart didn't fit here. I think MC, however, does fit here. I could see him leaving for bigger and better things, but let's be real folks, Oregon would be crazy to cut him loose.

The test of how good, and how valuable MC is heading our way like an orange and black Tsunami. MC is charged with the task of picking his team up from a loss where his teams' flaws were exposed on every level, and preparing them to execute a game plan to beat an Oregon State team coming in with a tremendous amount of momentum. Beating Oregon State is the time honored true test of a coaches worth in this state.

It's time for The War. Game on baby !!!

• Thumbs Up 7

Time will tell that MC is NOT a Power 5 head coach. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We were not the #3 team in the country this year. We are a young team that has been hit with injuries, and have a QB that struggles.

For Oregon to have a shot at the National Championship it will be with a QB in the Heisman trophy chase, a couple great RB’s, and a highly ranked defense. We will also need a favorable schedule and avoid injuries to key players.

Everyone wants to win the title, but realistically you need recruiting classes in the top 10 on a regular basis to consistently compete at that level. 

If you think a “better coach” is the answer, they will also need to recruit better than Cristobal. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

^ If you think a “better coach” is the answer, they will also need to recruit better than Cristobal. 

I dont think Cristobal has recruited the right players for his system

Edited by 1Ducker1

Just going out for 4 and 5 star players is NOT the answer. You need the right ones.

See USC.

Edited by 1Ducker1

I don't think he's over valued. $4.6M a year doesn't even get him near the top 10 highest paid FBS coaches. 26th according to a list on Fan

Nation. You get what you pay for. Ducks lose to the Beavs, go to a lesser bowl and struggle and wind up ranked around 16th or lower seems

about right for a 26th pay ranked coach. 

Overvalued is David Shaw.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon's fanbase, like many other passionate fanbases, can often be very fickle...swinging from one way to another at a moment's notice.  

Should we question some of MC's choices?  Sure.

Is the on-field play inconsistent this season?  No doubt.

Should we completely dismiss and dump MC?  Absolutely not.

We all had suspicions on where Oregon's strengths and weaknesses lay before the season started.  A good number of us have accurately surmised that this season's team had a ceiling of perhaps the Rose Bowl (myself being one of them).  Of course peoples' hopes and expectations rose with the win over tOSU but that didn't change the makeup of the roster or coaches.  When you take a step back and look at the season from a 10,000 foot view this is what you should honestly see so far, a 9-2 record at this point despite:

• - A mediocre QB
  • - A new DC and defensive scheme (one could also argue the offensive scheme is also somewhat new given the circumstances and lack of time last season)
  • - Season-ending injuries to a large number of critical players (as well as significant injuries times for other critical players)
  • - A very young roster

Oregon could still end the season with an 11-2 record, a Pac12 championship, and a trip to the Rose Bowl.  That's still pretty good in my book and still worthy of high end recruits wanting to be part of something that's on cusp of the CFP.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 1:28 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Overvalued is David Shaw.

Very true, in all his years, I don't think he ever won the Conference Championship 2 years in a row. Stanford actually can make the claim that it's hard to recruit there, so that can't be held against him. But his pay check really exceeds his production. Harbaugh had a nice run at Stanford until he left for the 49ers, and Shaw kept it going for a while, but the last 3 years he's gone 11-19.

On 11/21/2021 at 3:36 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Time will tell that MC is NOT a Power 5 head coach. 

It's been 4 years. When does 'time' run out?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/21/2021 at 2:25 PM, cartm25 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. With how great recruiting is, you can’t dump MC. Like Ogeron with LSU, eventually the talent, experience, and coordinators will align.

What’s baffling is that the OC/DC are really good on paper, but something about this team doesn’t translate to killer instinct and consistency.

Some of that inconsistency might come from starting different players every game. I seem to have read recently that the O line has had like

8? different combinations. Probably more by now. How many young players are playing instead of 2-3 year starters? 

About the only thing I can think of that would kill my enthusiasm for Duck football would be firing a head coach for going 9-3.  That would simply disgust me.

What coach in their right mind would even want to work for a program that would do that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 3:12 PM, PittDuck said:

firing a head coach for going 9-3

I really don't think that many here are thinking that, but I do think most wish he could/would solve his issues.

• Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

I do see some improvement in his coaching. He doesn't call timeouts to start the game.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 2:07 PM, kirklandduck said:

• - A mediocre QB Who's fault is that? 
  • - A new DC and defensive scheme (one could also argue the offensive scheme is also somewhat new given the circumstances and lack of time last season) What's new? This happens every other year.
  • - Season-ending injuries to a large number of critical players (as well as significant injuries times for other critical players) Where are the highly ranked recruits ready to step in? 
  • - A very young roster Common man. Is this really an excuse?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 2:43 PM, Jon Joseph said:

It's been 4 years. When does 'time' run out?

Time will never run out and it shouldn’t run out as long as we are contending for ( and winning) pac-12 titles and recruiting at a top 10 level nationally.

If anything Mario needs a raise to keep him from going to LSU or usc 

Oregon without Mario =s multiple.500 seasons 

• Thumbs Up 2

Does anybody know how long it took Dabo Swinney to get his team to a championship level? It took him 7 years to get to a championship game and 8 to win one. It took him a bit to get the right players and coaches together. If MC ever leaves it will be tough sledding in Eugene for a good while. For one thing, we are second fiddle to the SEC in pecking order for available coaches. We also have to find someone who won’t use Oregon as a stepping stone to a better job. That’s hard to do unless they’re from the West Coast.

Long story short. Give the man some time. His team is young, which is why I think he stuck with a Senior QB. He is also dealing with a ton of injuries. There are 5 starters missing on offense and 6 on defense. If anything, he needs to look at what is happening in the strength and conditioning program and assess how how and why he is losing players in practice.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Thumbs Up 7

On 11/21/2021 at 3:50 PM, Southwest Duck said:

Time will never run out and it shouldn’t run out as long as we are contending for ( and winning) pac-12 titles and recruiting at a top 10 level nationally.

If anything Mario needs a raise to keep him from going to LSU or usc 

Oregon without Mario =s multiple.500 seasons 

Sorry I can't buy the multiple .500 seasons. Oregon could hire a quality coach that if MC left today should be able to come in and take the talent we have and do well. Seems people panic when a coach leaves but other than Helfich taking Oregon into the dumpster it's been pretty flawless with coaching transitions. Taggert at least had a winning season and MC had a winning season since.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 4:39 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Sorry I can't buy the multiple .500 seasons. Oregon could hire a quality coach that if MC left today should be able to come in and take the talent we have and do well. Seems people panic when a coach leaves but other than Helfich taking Oregon into the dumpster it's been pretty flawless with coaching transitions. Taggert at least had a winning season and MC had a winning season since.

The key is not taking the talent we have, it is continuing to bring in that talent and using it properly.  I don't know of any other staff as relentless as this one and doubt anyone else would be able to duplicate it.  We still have a better this year than Clemson in a comparable conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

You’re right Charles. No one is calling for Cristobal’s head. But we’d like to see him evolve from playing smash mouth football into something more dynamic and entertaining, and successful, primarily on offense. He’s got his 5-star QB for next season….. hopefully he’ll take the shackles off.

• Thumbs Up 3

He's extremely overvalued. And, unfortunately, he refuses to learn from his mistakes. We have a very good chance of losing our next game. And even if we don't, do you truly believe we'll beat Utah in a rematch? I don't. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/21/2021 at 4:55 PM, DUCKED said:

He’s got his 5-star QB for next season….. hopefully he’ll take the shackles off.

Don't get your hopes up. It would be completely out of character. Too much risk. 

I think there is absolutely zero chance that Mullens fires Cristobal. That would be completely asinine and foolish. The admin will more likely try to offer him something around 6-7 million per year to keep him, but it won't be enough.

The reason Cristobal won't be coaching the Ducks next season is due to the crazy offers he is likely to receive over the next couple of months. I believe a few teams will make an offer similar to the one MSU offered Mel.

One of these big named schools is going to make him an offer he can't refuse, and the potential for Cristobal to work within a true hot bed for recruiting will be tough to pass up because the success in recruiting he is likely to have will be off the charts compared to what he has been able to do at Oregon. 

Cristobal at LSU is a scary thought for Bama, Georgia, Clemson etc. 

As I mentioned earlier, I also think the booing shook Cristobal and that will be all it will take for him to be like "forget it I am out of here" without feeling really bad about it. So the booing will kind of act as catalyst to remove some of Mario's sincere loyalty I believe he carries as part of his personality.

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 4:39 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

Sorry I can't buy the multiple .500 seasons. Oregon could hire a quality coach that if MC left today should be able to come in and take the talent we have and do well.

Exactly! It's not like a new coach would be walking into a dumpster fire of a program. Even if they can't recruit at Mario's level, they'd be hard pressed to coach any worse than he does.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:19 PM, OregonRich said:

Even if they can't recruit at Mario's level, they'd be hard pressed to coach any worse than he does.

I’m pretty sure there are at least 9 in the PAC 12 and well over 2/3 of existing coaches nationwide that coach worse than MC.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:37 PM, PittDuck said:

I’m pretty sure there are at least 9 in the PAC 12 and well over 2/3 of existing coaches nationwide that coach worse than MC.

I'd have to see how those coaches performed with the resources the Duck program has before I could agree with you. Heck, the Stoney Brook coach looked pretty good compared Mario. 

Edited by OregonRich
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 5:19 PM, OregonRich said:

Exactly! It's not like a new coach would be walking into a dumpster fire of a program. Even if they can't recruit at Mario's level, they'd be hard pressed to coach any worse than he does.

The problem with this logic is the new transfer rules…

If Mario leaves, so does a lot of our top talent and about half of this year’s incoming recruiting class. 

so yes we would probably win 6 or 7 games next year. 

On 11/21/2021 at 5:44 PM, Southwest Duck said:

If Mario leaves, so does a lot of our top talent and about half of this year’s incoming recruiting class. 

If Mario stays we keep bringing in top talent.  We give our young qb valuable experience in 2022 and probably win 9-10 games.

2023 we would have a legitimate shot at the natty

If he leaves for Florida LSU or usc get ready for a lot of Sun Bowls. 

Edited by Southwest Duck
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 5:44 PM, Southwest Duck said:

Quite possibly. But we're already losing top talent, through decommits, the portal, and the ineffective use of the players on the field and bench.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, Southwest Duck said:

If Mario stays we keep bringing in top talent.  We give our young qb valuable experience in 2022 and probably win 9-10 games.

2023 we would have a legitimate shot at the natty

If he leaves for Florida LSU or usc get ready for a lot of Sun Bowls. 

I have to agree to disagree here. Because with Mario, I don't see any chance of the Ducks winning a national championship. In my opinion, there are very few coaches who can make the other team look as good as Mario does. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Whats going to happen next year when he wont have AB?? Because he sure doesnt have any faith in new QB recruits.

Lets also not forget that KT and possibly Sewel will be gone next year.

Sewell won’t be gone unless he transfers.

Mario is NOT the guy.  The fallacy of him delivering a Natty has been long over for me.  Like many, I remained cautiously optimistic that we could at least make it to playoffs with the talent that we have, KT, Sewell but who were we kidding?  After 4 seasons as Oregon's head coach, just like AB, we knew what we had to work with, going into the game.  He wasn't going to suddenly change his stripes overnight which includes all his strengths as well as his glaring weaknesses.

Mario knows how to recruit with the best of them, and he may even know something about coaching an OL, but Mario doesn't know DIDDLY SQUAT about managing the team and the clock, on the field.  In that sense, he is the WORST coach to have in college football, on game day.  I've been calling him an amateur all season and even that, is putting it mildly.  He continues to stubbornly defy the norm, with his poor decisions on the field, especially right before halftime and the end of game situations.  He's in his what, 6 or 7th year as a head coach of a football program.  There is no excuse for him, not to know what to do in these situations.  Yet, every game, he appears clueless and inexperienced.

He must have watched a ton of football games, but how much knowledge and wisdom has he actually absorbed?  He never learns from his mistakes.  In fact, I'm not even sure if he realizes that he made any.  If we don't learn from our mistakes, how can we expect to see any growth in our professions and as individuals?  From his first game to the present, I have seen zero growth and progress from him, on the field. 

I thought he was making progress, when I saw less penalties on the Ducks, but now, I see that it wasn't him that was growing, it was the players.  In two years, these youthful Ducks will be more seasoned and making less penalties. However, Mario will still be shooting himself in the foot, with his lack of knowledge and preparation.  Those penalties like delay of game and too many or insufficient players on the field, are on him and play callers, not having a play ready and knowing your opponent. Several times this season, the Ducks got caught with their pants down.  While the Ducks were running players on and off the field and looking down at their wristbands, the other team was snapping the ball and using tempo to score.

I wish someone close to him, would sit him down and give him a heavy dose of real talk.  He must be surrounded by a bunch of YES men and has to be very good at ignoring the criticisms. 

Don't DeRuyter and Moorhead have a voice?  Both of them were head coaches.  I can't imagine them not shaking their heads and cringing, every time, MC mismanages the clock.

Edited by DuckIt
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/21/2021 at 2:07 PM, kirklandduck said:

Oregon's fanbase, like many other passionate fanbases, can often be very fickle...swinging from one way to another at a moment's notice.  

Should we question some of MC's choices?  Sure.

Is the on-field play inconsistent this season?  No doubt.

Should we completely dismiss and dump MC?  Absolutely not.

We all had suspicions on where Oregon's strengths and weaknesses lay before the season started.  A good number of us have accurately surmised that this season's team had a ceiling of perhaps the Rose Bowl (myself being one of them).  Of course peoples' hopes and expectations rose with the win over tOSU but that didn't change the makeup of the roster or coaches.  When you take a step back and look at the season from a 10,000 foot view this is what you should honestly see so far, a 9-2 record at this point despite:

• - A mediocre QB
  • - A new DC and defensive scheme (one could also argue the offensive scheme is also somewhat new given the circumstances and lack of time last season)
  • - Season-ending injuries to a large number of critical players (as well as significant injuries times for other critical players)
  • - A very young roster

Oregon could still end the season with an 11-2 record, a Pac12 championship, and a trip to the Rose Bowl.  That's still pretty good in my book and still worthy of high end recruits wanting to be part of something that's on cusp of the CFP.

Should we dismiss losing on both LOS? THIS was a game for the Golden PO  ticket. This was a complete no show. vs a team that lost at BYU, SDS and and OR ST.

A trip to the Rose Bowl? A trip to a consolation prize. 

When will you be ready to acknowledge that Mario is not a big time coach? I saw the 2019 melt down at ASU. I watched last night as a team being built to dominate both LOS lost on both sides of the ball.

The guy is golden at winning games, barely, in Autzen, But this is  a HC who will never take OR to the Final 4. A coach with a roster advantage who cannot win at Stanford or against a 3L Utah team on the road.

Please stop with the Mario props and the excuses.  Props for being a good man? Yes, For being a great recruiter? Yes. A guy who can have his team ready to pay? NO.

Dan Mullen is available, Dave Aranda and Matt Campbell are available. Hell, Justin Wilcox is available. Gary Patterson is available.

In 7O+ games as a HC Mario is close to .500. 

I'm tired of people thinking that an exhibition Rose Bowl game is a big deal. Do you want to challenge against the best, on occasion win at Ohio State and go 9-3? Losing to schools roster-wise inferior to Ducks Scrapping by inferior teams the Ducks should blow out?

I for one am no longer willing to trade excuses for wins. If Mario makes the Rose Bowl it will be a battle of a Pac-12and a B1G team not good enough to win their conference,

Ask yourself, where would Oregon finish in the B1G E or W or in the SEC E or W?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/21/2021 at 3:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I really don't think that many here are thinking that, but I do think most wish he could/would solve his issues.

I agree Charles that most are not thinking that.  But there are a vocal few that seem to be saying precisely that they want him gone.

With that kind of attitude/thinking, Rich Brooks not Mile Bellotti would never have gotten Oregon to a Rose Bowl.

It is too easy to forget that this is a game.  Played by kids. On any given day, Murphy’s law can and will rear its ugly head.  Often times, the best team does not win.  IMHO, it just seems way too early to be calling for MC’s head.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 6:38 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Dan Mullen is available, Dave Aranda and Matt Campbell are available. Hell, Justin Wilcox is available. Gary Patterson is available.

Okay, Mullen's last shouldn't define him, but his big deal this season was a comeback win over Samford, Aranda, Campbell, these two, I could wlcome, and Patterson, get over the TCU comeback? But Justin has nowhere near the record as a HC that Mario has.

I agree Jon.

The Ducks money wise are no longer in the same league as most PAC Schools. We are supposedly built for the National stage not just regional dominance.

We are not even the best regionally at least right now and yet we have NFL or greater facilities and one of the wealthiest donors in all of sports behind the program. 

Its time to examine where we really want to be and go for it properly --I still  cant get over how well Herbert is doing in the NFL and how he was used here. MC had greatness right under his nose and didnt even realize it. ---Thats not the type of coach we need.

• Thumbs Up 2