Cockroach

MC Over-Valued

If he leaves for Florida LSU or usc get ready for a lot of Sun Bowls.”

We’re already there.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, Duckdude said:

We’re already there.

After the loss to Utah we cant assume anything right now. The Beavers are more than capable of kicking our behinds.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 5:15 PM, C J said:

I think there is absolutely zero chance that Mullens fires Cristobal. That would be completely asinine and foolish. The admin will more likely try to offer him something around 6-7 million per year to keep him, but it won't be enough.

The reason Cristobal won't be coaching the Ducks next season is due to the crazy offers he is likely to receive over the next couple of months. I believe a few teams will make an offer similar to the one MSU offered Mel.

One of these big named schools is going to make him an offer he can't refuse, and the potential for Cristobal to work within a true hot bed for recruiting will be tough to pass up because the success in recruiting he is likely to have will be off the charts compared to what he has been able to do at Oregon. 

Cristobal at LSU is a scary thought for Bama, Georgia, Clemson etc. 

As I mentioned earlier, I also think the booing shook Cristobal and that will be all it will take for him to be like "forget it I am out of here" without feeling really bad about it. So the booing will kind of act as catalyst to remove some of Mario's sincere loyalty I believe he carries as part of his personality.

You may be right. Most coaches chase the money. He’ll be no different. And I don’t blame him.

On 11/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, Duckdude said:

We’re already there.

2019 under Mario 12-2

pac-12 tile and a rose bowl win

2020 under Mario 

pac-12 title and a fiesta bowl loss

2021 under Mario

9-2 leading the north with a chance at the Rose Bowl and ranked top 15 in the nation 

We are far from “there”

• Thumbs Up 1

IMO top 15 might as well be top 60. I would bet that Phil Knight feels pretty much the same way.

I guess we all have our personal expectations.

Im just going to have to wait until the end of the season to see how it all plays out.

On 11/21/2021 at 11:37 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Agreed. But I'd take Kiffin in a heart beat. But why would he come?

Please, just say no to Kiffin. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/22/2021 at 12:05 AM, DurangoJim said:

WHY? Look at the man's record at FAU and Ole Miss. 

With this group of Ducks athletes Kiffin would be putting up 40+ points game after game. And the D at Ole Miss does not stink. Plus, the guy can recruit.  

On 11/21/2021 at 9:29 PM, Jon Joseph said:

With this group of Ducks athletes Kiffin would be putting up 40+ points game after game. And the D at Ole Miss does not stink. Plus, the guy can recruit.  

And the Ducks would win….and we would actually enjoy watching them again, instead of being frustrated every week with an all too often inept one dimensional offense.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:34 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Progressing? What difference did you see in last night's No Show vs the 2019 No Show at ASU? In 2019 and last night, I saw 2 Ducks teams totally unprepared to compete and defeat inferior foes.

That ASU loss was all Justin Herbert.  He had a terrible game.  Yet, they still came back.  Saturday was a display of giving up ultimately.

A good deal off this is on Brown.  The post month, he just won't execute downfield kill shots Morehead has given him.  He's a streaky guy.  

I thought the defense fought for awhile, then tanked from fatigue.  You're not going to win many there in two matchups on the edge, and you certainly aren't going to take seven down when you're only four strong.

Utah can't block that defense without those types of numbers in their advantage.  But the more concerning issue is the lack of killer instinct.  This team should literally Ohio State the conference with so much talent.  But they don't have the will to do so.

Maybe Mario is to nice too these guys.  They truly don't show much fight in them, unless they get embarrassed.  At least they didn't showboat last night.  

These kids need to be left in a junkyard with a doberman and one plate of meat. They're too comfortable.  

On 11/22/2021 at 4:10 AM, Confused said:

And leech killed us.  Just saying 

Leach was 4-4 against Oregon. Just saying.. He went 55-47 at WSU, In 2018, the Cougars could have won the North, but lost to Washington. So we want a coach that can't recruit, or win the big game?

Not that interested in the side-show that is the Pirate...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

That cat is far more attractive than the pirate... 

On 11/21/2021 at 10:29 PM, Jon Joseph said:

7 OC or HC roles in 15 years?  He’s a revolving door, which is the last thing we need. His 9-7 at Ole Miss is hardly better than MC’s record here. Rumors of him now circulating he is thinking g of Miami?  And personally, his positions at U$C and Raiders for me are a complete no go. But that’s just me. 

On 11/22/2021 at 12:05 AM, DurangoJim said:

Kiffin wouldn’t come here. He’s being courted by all of the SEC teams. He’ll be making Saban money by the end of the season.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:05 PM, DurangoJim said:

Kiffin. 

Cheerleaders would not be safe. 

• Haha 1

I for one think MC will come around and hire some young enthusiastic coordinators to light a fire under these players. So far the biggest drawback is his coaching staffs inability to make QBs better than they were. Herbert was a total disaster considering the potential that kid had. Tyler had absolutely no confidence an AB has very little passing ability and hasn’t got any better, he might not be a top 10 QB in the pack 12. Without a quality athlete that can deliver the ball on time and accurately while running when needed we will never win a national championship this day and age. 

Lets keep MC and fix the other problems before we get rid of the best recruiter on the west coast. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/22/2021 at 1:46 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Kiffin wouldn’t come here. He’s being courted by all of the SEC teams. He’ll be making Saban money by the end of the season.

And still be over rated and over paid. 

On 11/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, DurangoJim said:

And still be over rated and over paid. 

Like most are.

Correct. The only person who should be making Saban money is Saban. Mel Tucker at $9M/year still baffles me.

Mel Tucker is worth $9 million like Rivian is worth $100 billion.  Those who pay high prices for future production, get little in return.