Haywarduck

Two Things I Love: Walk-ons and SPEED!

Oregon has a new preferred walk-on with legit, 4.33 40, speed. I love a walk-on, because they come in with something to prove. I also love the little guy with speed, because nobody can stay with the guy. Having big, tall and fast TE is a great threat, but little quick guys are deadly.

Sounds good! Looking forward to seeing him at Oregon.

Thanks for the link, Haywarduck.  I, too, love those speedy fellas.  I recall chasing that kind of back or receiver in my youth.  I always loved how their numbers looked from the backside.  Not.  I hope Reames finds some PT.

Don't TE's have mostly blocking assignments with some pass routes thrown in from time to time ??  If he's in the game it would decrease the chances of the upcoming play being a run, a dead giveaway.  Iowa State beat us in our bowl game with the help of their multiple oversized TE's.

He might be better used like Dat was used back then. 

We have done great with the smaller speed guys and THANKS to Haywarduck for posting a link.

Everyone....post a topic and reply to every one.  Let's have some fun...

De'Anthony Thomas, Amazing Moments Photography.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

As the saying goes, you can't coach speed, but a coach can certainly use it to their advantage, look at what Alabama did with their Heisman award winning WR, USC this season. 

Need some speedsters. DAT had an effect on EVERY single play when he was on the field with or without the ball in his hands. The Opposing defenses needed to account for him every snap and that can pull defenders out of position and open it up for others to make big plays. 

Here is hope for this young man to develop and make it on the field. 

I don't know his background but how did he manage to sneak under the radar as a walkon? 

I had hoped that Sean Dollars fulfilled the need for speed in the backfield.  But I still have an image in my head of him being caught from behind last year after a 50 run.

Mudslide! You added your image to your Profile Picture, and now the world seems right.  I love so many of the fun pictures and images people use...but I wish everyone would add theirs.

Anybody good with photo-image editing and has time to help others post theirs?  A retired person who knows how to do this and is willing to help some each week would be nice...

Troll.jpg

Not my best look...

Mr. FishDuck

In our scheme and many college programs, TE's mostly block. If you watch the pro game the OC's use them as receivers more often. I will never understand why we don't follow the pro game and get the ball to the TE, one of my pet peeves.

Oregon use to think outside the box, maybe we will again and start using our bruisers for more than blocking. Let the TE give some bruises while running with the ball, Mario's dream, right?  I still remember watching Dante Rosario and the matchup nightmares he caused, but we rarely got him the ball.

5 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

Mudslide! You added your image to your Profile Picture, and now the world seems right.  I love so many of the fun pictures and images people use...but I wish everyone would add theirs.

Anybody good with photo-image editing and has time to help others post theirs?  A retired person who knows how to do this and is willing to help some each week would be nice...

Troll.jpg

Not my best look...

Hahaa...yeah, it took me 4 tries and 35 minutes to figure it out.  I am indeed a grey beard...er, grey mustachio.